2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Four (27 July)

Gazpacho

I didn't see this fluff piece. What I saw yesterday was a coach getting passionately excited about his athlete's success. Winning Olympic gold isn't a small feat.

I also saw comments calling him an asshole only being made after the race, Titmus' win and the coach's celebration, not before, when I assume the fluff piece aired.
I got asshole vibes from him during the fluff piece, and his over the top reaction solidified my impression. Titmus seems like a lovely young lady. Her coach, on the other hand, seems like an alpha male ME ME ME attention whore. Really reminded me of Steve Nunno and Bela Karolyi.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Absolutely gutted for Jessica Fox in the canoe slalom. She only barely clipped the second-last gate with the tip of her nose. Without that penalty she would have won gold.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The Brazilian team's reaction to winning the first men's surfing gold medal is just fantastic!
They follow their sutfers around the world. Right country won, wrong surfer. :drama:

Amd Moore wins gold for thr US :cheer2:

misskarne

The Matildas hold the US to a draw in the women's soccer! (y)

A lot of nervy rides in the dressage so far.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The Matildas hold the US to a draw in the women's soccer! (y)

A lot of nervy rides in the dressage so far.
It was oddly soothing to watch the Spanish rider's horse dance across the arena to RadioGaGa. Some of these riders have hard hands and the horse is fighting the bit.

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
So Lily King isn't a brat, but Titmus' coach is a total asshole.

Mmmmm.
Just as you didn’t see the fluff piece, I haven’t read anything about Lilly King other than the comments here, which is why I asked. Sometimes a question is just a question.

And no I don’t need to comment immediately after the fluff piece that Titmus’ coach is an asshole even though that’s exactly what I thought at the time seeing him berating her. I don’t PBP. But when I saw his roíd rage public dry hump as @allezfred put it, that sealed the deal for me.

It’s not an attack on AUS. It’s an observation about an individual who appears to behave like a jerk.

misskarne

It was oddly soothing to watch the Spanish rider's horse dance across the arena to RadioGaGa. Some of these riders have hard hands and the horse is fighting the bit.
The Spanish rider was one of my favourites so far. The Portuguese horse seemed to want to canter all the time. Apparently the horses are unsettled by the lack of crowd - they expect to be able to show off to people.

Does this mean the US is out?
No, it means both the US and Australia advance.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
it's interesting to hear the commentator on dressage talk about how some horses play to the crowd and how the lack thereof can impact some of their performance. Wonderful British rider. She looked so young. Apparently, the Brits are in line for a medal.

misskarne

Big boi English stallion just performed perfectly....and then decided to go a bit zany on his way out of the ring :lol:

misskarne

Australia beat Croatia in the men's water polo! :cheer:

We're unranked, and Croatia is number 3 in the world! What an upset!

Susan1

Just saw this crawl on CNN

I wonder if the pressure just got to her. Or if she was just embarrassed because they are not winning. That reminds me. When did GOAT get to be Greatest of All Time? Every time I hear "goat" I think of - are you the hero or the goat (meaning the bad one).

misskarne

I wonder if the pressure just got to her. Or if she was just embarrassed because they are not winning. That reminds me. When did GOAT get to be Greatest of All Time? Every time I hear "goat" I think of - are you the hero or the goat (meaning the bad one).
:duh:

She withdrew after the first apparatus. You're seriously gonna be an ass about this with all the shit that will be coming her way?

And GOAT has meant Greatest of all Time for at least 20 years.

misskarne

I don't know much about this event but this horse looks very fluid and I give it my Rukia's Best Horsie award, which I reserve to give to every horse if I choose.
You know how we were talking about some horses liking to show off? I get that feeling from this horse. This horse is amazing and he KNOWS it!

misskarne

Germany wins gold in the teams dressage with a dominant display. US silver, UK bronze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information