2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Five (28 July)

ilovepaydays

Women’s 200m free: Congrats to Titmus 🇦🇺, Haughey 🇭🇰, and Oleksiak🇨🇦!!!! Well done! 👍 😃

So, is the super duper speed just gone for Ledecky?

Karen-W

I hope that the struggles of this week's NBC-hyped stars doesn't carry over to next week in Athletics.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
She has to swim the 1500M later tonight so she probably didn't really go all out in this race (I think she really wants that other gold in the 1500M...that's her bread and butter race). :)
This is what I thought as well. Would she love to win the 200? Sure. But she's got to conserve energy for that 1500 that I think she really really wants.

canbelto

I hope that the struggles of this week's NBC-hyped stars doesn't carry over to next week in Athletics.

I don't think they will because for whatever reason NBC never really hypes track athletes unless it's like Usain Bolt or Allyson Felix. Idk why, but USA is sending a stacked team and no one is really paying attention.

Rukia

I don't think they will because for whatever reason NBC never really hypes track athletes unless it's like Usain Bolt or Allyson Felix. Idk why, but USA is sending a stacked team and no one is really paying attention.
They need to hype Athing Mu. She's the real deal (jk NBC ignore her because I love her and she does not need your curse).

Karen-W

Okay, can someone who understands rowing explain what is happening with the race course and the conditions that are giving some of these top teams problems?

tony

The Hungarian swimmer Milak looked less happy with his gold than the silver and bronze medallist did with theirs. LOL
His whole team looked a bit disappointed in a way that he didn't break any record (see his camp as the time came up). He was a lock to win basically, so I think he just wanted to push himself that extra little bit. But honestly, anyone would look less happy next to a silver medalist like that ;)

Matryeshka

If Ledecky doesn't win this damn race, NBC is going to have apoplexy.

Whoa on the 400 IM--I'm exhausted just watching it.

skatingguy

Golden Team
Insane that it took until now for their to be a 1500m for women at the Olympics - and the 800m for men as well.
Why? Swimming has among the most medal events in the Olympics, and I like that they've added more events - they could also add the 50m in the other 3 strokes as well, but there are limits on the number of athletes.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Glad that Japan is doing so well with this new stars after Daiya Seto bombed the first day not making the final.

NBC prays Katie wins this gold medal because it will be their only gold today. The 4x200m Relay is the Brits to lose.

Overall a rather disappointing Swimming Meet after 4 days for the americans. Maybe Caeleb Dressel will better the cause but outside him and Ledecky I really can't see any other american taking a gold

ETA well maybe Chase Kalisz could win the 200 IM but we will see. I don't count Michael Andrew, his last 50 is atrociously slow

Braulio

Katie wins gold and USA takes the silver with Erica Sullivan, bronze for Germany. No Quadarella medal

Matryeshka

I think the Americans are doing pretty well in swimming--we're not dominating, but iMO, that makes the sport more interesting when more countries win medals. I mean, who wasn't on their feet cheering for the Tunisian? Or celebrating that the Aussie women finally have a swimming star? Or the British men--they are KILLING it here. Makes it more exciting.

Braulio

I think the Americans are doing pretty well in swimming--we're not dominating, but iMO, that makes the sport more interesting when more countries win medals. I mean, who wasn't on their feet cheering for the Tunisian? Or celebrating that the Aussie women finally have a swimming star? Or the British men--they are KILLING it here. Makes it more exciting.

Yes I know and I cheered for the underdogs, but I refer to the always hype NBC does and how this time the results are not what they expected and make believe like they were going to dominate like it was the Phelps era.

Glad they have Caeleb who is yet to win his first individual gold. But comparing to previous Games this is a slow start for the americans. Indeed the world is catching them and Australia finally is delivering.

Rukia

Awww exciting for Great Britain! Excellent race!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information