2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Five (28 July)

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Schedule

Medals today to be decided in Artistic Gymnastics, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian Dressage, Fencing, Judo, Rowing, Rugby Sevens, Swimming and Weightlifting.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stay up for the cycling time trials or get up for the Men's AA. I defs can't do both.

Colonel Green

CBC is interviewing Canadian chef de mission Marnie McBean right now, and boy this is a heavy segment (given Kathleen Heddle's death).

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Wow, the women's fours race was really tense! Australia and the Netherlands fighting it stroke for stroke on the last 500! Gold for Australia!

And brilliant second 1000 for Ireland for the bronze!

Karen-W

Ireland wins bronze in rowing 🇮🇪!!! Netherlands 🇳🇱 almost nipped Australia 🇦🇺 for the gold at the end but not quite enough! Exciting race!

Matryeshka

Catching up from the morning broadcast--I know nothing about any of the sports I'm watching, but I do know the female synchronized diving commentator has got to be the most annoying of these games.

It's nice watching judged sports I know nothing about--I can just enjoy watching and the results without :argue: over the results, judging, who should/should not be there. (Except rhythmic gymnastic--I know nothing about the sport anymore, but I certainly have opinions :p )

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
The British men’s fours looking like they were going to crash into Italy at one point there. :yikes:

Karen-W

OMG! Great Britain failed to medal in men's four for rowing! Came out of their lane and into Italy's lane in the last 500m. That was insane!!!!!

skatingguy

Golden Team
For perspective, the bronze won by Ireland in the women’s coxless fours this morning is only the 33rd medal ever won by Ireland at the Olympics since 1924.
For the 122nd most populous country in the World that puts Ireland around the top 60 of countries in Olympic medals, that's pretty good.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Great race by Titmus!

Glad there are no cowering volunteers this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information