2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Eight (31 July)

Karen-W

Male commentator takes over the 2nd round pronouncing Sam Mattis' last name correctly, lol. And Mattis improves from his first round throw.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Dina Asher Smith has told the BBC that she is withdrawing from 200m.

Karen-W

Wow, Germans sitting in 9th and 10th after 2 rounds of the discus! They've got some work to do in the 3rd round if they want to qualify for the final 3 rounds!

Karen-W

Oh, lord, this female commentator has no idea what the playing venue for ice hockey is called... She says 'rink' then questions herself and the male commentator has to confirm that it's a rink. If the ISU has these same folks commentating for the international feed during the Winter Olympics...

Colonel Green

Men's 96kg weightlifting is happening right now. Canadian Boady Santavy is in the lead after the first segment (178 lifted, with three guys behind him tied at 177), so depending on what happens in the clean and jerk, we might have our first Canadian men's medalist.

miffy

I’m loving the addition of mixed relay. I don’t understand why it is so unpopular :confused:

skatingguy

Golden Team
So weren´t the US dsq from this event?
Apparently the US & Dominican Republic were disqualified for not being in the exchange zone, but they appealed because their athletes were standing where the officials told them to, and so the disqualification was overturned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information