2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Eight (31 July)

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Schedule

Medals awarded today in Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Fencing, Judo, Rugby Sevens, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Trampolining, Triathlon and Weightlifting.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Schedule

Medals awarded today in Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Fencing, Judo, Rugby Sevens, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Trampolining, Triathlon and Weightlifting.
Speaking of triathlon, I believe that the Mixed Relay event is a proper way to add an event to the Olympics, not this Team event that Figure Skating has. First, they picked an event that had some history even if it was quite young and then they started adding it to their various Championships. So it is something athletes train for the entire quad even if it's not as serious or as well-known as the traditional events.

I really wish, if we're going to keep the team event for figure skating, that ISU would add it to the World Championships as a minimum but maybe even Euros and 4CCs. That way, the athletes can practice pacing themselves and NGB can practice strategy. Plus it doesn't seem so totally made up.

MacMadame

Staying at home
It's more interesting than the Olympic distance anyway. I personally prefer to watch longer races with lots of lead changes compared to the standard distance. This relay also has that kind of excitement!

(But for doing, I like the short stuff because it's go-go-go! :lol:)

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
I was gripped before GBR went into the lead even, is this a new event?I just can’t remember it before?

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I can totally see myself hopping around trying to get shoes on after getting off the bike. :lol:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Does the triathalon relay work with a different person doing each type of event? Or are there multiple people doing each?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Does the triathalon relay work with a different person doing each type of event? Or are there multiple people doing each?
4 people and each one does all three parts of the event. France really made up time and are now in 2nd, but the Brits are going to be hard to catch for gold. Those little times of getting shoes on and off are key. Or maybe not!

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
4 people and each one does all three parts of the event. France really made up time and are now in 2nd, but the Brits are going to be hard to catch for gold. Those little times of getting shoes on and off are key. Or maybe not!

They seem quite close at the moment!

So they all do the whole triathalon and then hand off? Or like one person swims and then hands off to another person who swims, etc?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
This is gonna be a good foot race I think

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They seem quite close at the moment!

So they all do the whole triathalon and then hand off? Or like one person swims and then hands off to another person who swims, etc?
Each person does the whole thing and hands off to the next team mate who does the whole thing...

It's the shoes! Yee was amazing in that transition. :lol: Pearson and Luis have to be thinking get the feck out of my way to the guys they're lapping.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
I was gripped before GBR went into the lead even, is this a new event?I just cant remember it before?
It's been in the World Championships for a while but this is the first time it's been in the Olympics.

I feel like, if I tried to put on my shoes that fast, I would definitely put them on funny so it would hurt to run.
They have special laces. :D Seriously, if you use the special laces, it can cut 30 seconds off your transition.

And US wins Silver. That was a shock (to me).

ilovepaydays

I take it that Ato Bolden (NBC) must think that Sydney McLaughlin is going to be A STAR if she wins these 400m hurdles. Especially if she does it with another World Record.

Well, she already have the $$$$$$ from New Balance. And lives in LA. And has Bobby Kersee as a coach. And has Wes Felix from IMG as her agent.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I'm watching the Eventing because Andrew Hoy is about to make history at his eighth Olympic Games for Australia. I was just a baby when he went to his first Olympics!

ilovepaydays

I’ll say it: These bibs for track & field in Tokyo suck. Like they didn’t bother to put a design on there AT ALL. 😒

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information