2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Closing Ceremony - Arigato Japan!

MsZem

We chose one of our golden sailors, since there will be no sailing in Paris.
Do you mean that it won't be geographically in Paris? Because there will be sailing in the 2024 Olympics, though some of the current categories will not return (I think the 470 will be mixed rather than women only or men only?)

I believe the sailing events will be held in Marseilles.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico, via Russia - to Team Pooh!
Linoy with the 🇮🇱 flag!

I think it's Svetlana Romashina, Artistic swimmer extraordinaire, with flag of 🇷🇺 !

Last edited:

Frau Muller

And now few athletes who remain in-country shuffle in...and the grandmas jump up and down as if it’s a huge multitude!!! 😆

Frau Muller

Glad to be watching the OBS feed & not NBC...or I’d undoubtedly be seeing only the USA stragglers & a camera of Simone commentating from her home.

MsZem

It seems like some countries forgot that it's hot in Tokyo in August and their athletes should be dressed accordingly.

Frau Muller

Something sad...all of the happy bouncy music and the empty seats behind. 😢

I hope that this thing ends painlessly and quickly! On to Beijing 2022 in six months time.

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Why does this song sound familiar?

eta... well the first song they sang as it keeps changing so I guess ignore my question :lol:

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Why does this song sound familiar?

eta... well the first song they sang as it keeps changing so I guess ignore my question :lol:
It was probably Sukiyaki you knew (at least that's what it was called in English). It was a pretty big hit in several countries.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Think I spotted Shingo Kattori from Japanese boyband (well middle aged man band) SMAP on drums.

MsZem

Must be nice to be Greek because even if you don't win a gold medal you are still guaranteed to hear your national anthem.
But you have to stand around forever in the opening ceremony.

Glad to see the medalists from both marathons recognized in the closing ceremony, I think sometimes in the past it was only the men?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Since we're watching this medal ceremony, can we talk about how janky these Nike medal ceremony track suits for the US were? They don't look like they fit anyone.

But also 80's me would have been all over that look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information