2020 Skate America event info links (entries, TV & streaming schedules) & Virtual Fan Experience

Sylvia

Off season is club competition season!

slicekw

Will Tech Support for good food.
Yes. Here's the link to TV Alerts thread for questions/advice/etc. re. watching via Peacock Premium: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...peacock-premium-starting-in-fall-2020.107653/

Re-posting the link to Competition Central:
And Peacock has last year's Skate America if you want to pretend things are "normal".

Also, Thank You Sylvia! Your work, as always, is appreciated greatly! :saint:👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🎬

MacMadame

Staying at home
Glad to discover Peacock Premium is included in my Cox cable package :cheer2:
That was such a nice surprise!

It's weird thinking last year at this time I was AT SkAm and now it's sort of happening but with no fans and few international competitors. It's hitting more than some of the other things that did/didn't happen because of C19.

skatfan

That was such a nice surprise!

It's weird thinking last year at this time I was AT SkAm and now it's sort of happening but with no fans and few international competitors. It's hitting more than some of the other things that did/didn't happen because of C19.
I totally would be there this year because it’s a quick and cheap flight to Vegas -oh well.

Debbie S

I doubt that I will still be awake for Ice Dance tonight but there is still a conflict between the streaming schedule (11:25 p.m. ET) and the leaderboard schedule https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/29710/index.asp
The leaderboard shows 9:36 p.m. which is 12:36 a.m. Saturday morning ET.
It looks like the leaderboard is right. If they start pairs at 7:47 PT, there's no way they could finish and start dance by 8:25. I guess I'll try to stay up. It's not like I'm doing anything tmrw, other than picking up my grocery order and watching SA....

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I'm glad I checked what time again for the Ladies Short programs. I always get the eastern time mixed up with my time. It starts 6:06 central here, and I can't wait! Live skating, and I'm just excited about it! Bring it on!!

Sylvia

USFS' press release excerpt about the TV commentators:
Live coverage of 2020 Guaranteed Rate Skate America kicks off in primetime on NBCSN on Friday, Oct. 23 (8 p.m. – midnight ET), continues on NBC on Saturday, Oct. 24 (3-6 p.m. ET) and concludes in primetime on Saturday, Oct. 24 (9 p.m. – midnight ET) back on NBCSN. The entire event will also be available live and on-demand on NBC Universal’s digital streaming platform Peacock Premium. Terry Gannon will handle play-by-play responsibilities for the competition and will be joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir for the ladies, men’s, and pairs events. Gannon will be joined by 2006 Olympic silver medalist Tanith White for the ice dance competition.
Ice Desk is live (good to see Joel Savary, Emmanuel's older brother, being part of the group this year; Mirai is the only one of the team on the scene in Las Vegas): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Live=335&type=Live

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
. It's hitting more than some of the other things that did/didn't happen because of C19.

Like today - the entire spring 2021 New York City Ballet season cancelled. No performances til at least Sept 2021...just like the Met Opera and Broadway. Ah well - hey, we have Skate America here & now! Let’s enjoy!

mpal2

For those on Eastern Time be careful of Peacock listed times on the app (I'm using Roku). It showed that the ladies short program started an hour ago so it is referencing Central Time in the Eastern Time Zone. It is actually starting at the proper time but it makes me jump and think I am late for figure skating.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I tried to renew my NBC Sports Gold but their website said they have shifted to Peacock. I looked up Peacock and it had movies and stuff for $4.99 per month. Anyone has experience with how to get the live coverage during the GP series?

Vash01

For those on Eastern Time be careful of Peacock listed times on the app (I'm using Roku). It showed that the ladies short program started an hour ago so it is referencing Central Time in the Eastern Time Zone. It is actually starting at the proper time but it makes me jump and think I am late for figure skating.
I posted about Peacock before I saw this. Any recommendations to use Peacock? Does it mean no NBC Spirts gold anymore?

Sylvia

I posted about Peacock before I saw this. Any recommendations to use Peacock? Does it mean no NBC Spirts gold anymore?
Peacock Premium has replaced NBC Sports Gold: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...peacock-premium-starting-in-fall-2020.107653/

You can sign up for a 7-day free trial:

Vash01

Oh no! I missed the entire ladies SP. They are interviewing Mariah Bell now.

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
I cannot believe our luck that Peacock is free of comments. (Was this also the case with NBC Gold? I never subscribed.) If one wants to know what kind of jump was just performed, it’s indicated on the upper-left side of the screen. ‘Nuf said!

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I cannot believe our luck that Peacock is free of comments. (Was this also the case with NBC Gold? I never subscribed.) If one wants to know what kind of jump was just performed, it’s indicated on the upper-left side of the screen. ‘Nuf said!
Gold had NBC commentary for the US events and sometimes had it from the ISU stream. It was always an adventure... Yay, no commentators, but WAIT, there’s more!

Sylvia

Last edited:

Carolla5501

So what time does the pairs free skate start. I thought it was at 8:45 but I don’t have anything going on on my Peacock channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information