2020 SkAm Pairs FS - Fall On Me

Lara

It's JJ style!
Wonderful job - I really hope they don't start feeling too much pressure now! I wish they had more time till Beijing but if they continue like this they'll be good.

Spun Silver

If you are just going to miss them anyway, might as well miss them on a higher base jump. More points.

So... don't the rhinestones scratch your furniture? :confused:

I'm guessing in a lingerie bag. (The kind you throw it in the washer.)

I thought you were going to say Grandma called and she wants her skating dress back (from Alexa)
Have you tried doing an advice column? đź’°

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
I could almost feel sorry for Johnny, the way they force him to come up with creative ways to use the word "bundle." :lol:

Sylvia

Off season is club competition season!
1 8 Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM /Brandon FRAZIER, USA 74.19 (1) 140.58 (1) 214.77
2 7 Jessica CALALANG / Brian JOHNSON, USA 71.08 (2) 136.32 (2) 207.40
3 6 Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV, USA 67.52 (3) 122.13 (4) 189.65
4 5 Ashley CAIN-GRIBBLE / Timothy LEDUC, USA 64.21 (4) 125.02 (3) 189.23
5 4 Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA, USA 59.86 (5) 114.49 (5) 174.35
6 3 Olivia SERAFINI / Mervin TRAN, USA 59.67 (6 )108.40 (6) 168.07
7 2 Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE, USA 55.58 (7) 95.57 (8) 151.15
8 1 Anna VERNIKOV / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI, ISR 48.23 (8) 97.89 (7) 146.12

Protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2020/29710/SEGM006.html

PRlady

My husband decided to keep us company for the last two pairs. He’s a smart guy but every year I have to explain the GP system all over again, and of course this year nothing is normal anyway!

I seem to remember that our last :drama: before Worlds was cancelled was which US pairs were going. I’m amazed at how good Alexa and Brandon are already, this year I bet there’s no contest.

sk8nlizard

I prefer these two together than with their previous partners.
At Nationals in 2020, after the pairs long I looked at my friend and said Alexa and Brandon should skate together, that they were each the stronger of their teams. I wish they had done it a few years earlier.

Last edited:

bellezza_fiore

We have to be fair, in other time at this stage of the season they could have been skating at Sectionals but now they are at a Grand Prix event! (most likely they only one ever)
I heard that Spencer ended his previous partnership due to his shoulder injuries, and then paired up with Emily while he's still dealing with them Isn't Emily also dealing with back injuries? I don't think this pair will go far unless they both take time to take care of their bodies, and work on their basic skills before they compete at this level. :wall:

tony

C-G/L obviously were not good tonight, but her Salchow was worse today and it simply got a 'q' call.

Also, judge 2 really hated them PCS-wise. Yes, the program completely died out at the end and they aren't in peak shape, but L/M with nearly the same components? There is no comparison between the two teams.

I fear even more what this means for them.

sk8nlizard

It's so good to see Alexa healthy and back on form. The judges aren't going to have to try hard to put them in first. They are that much better than the rest of the field. Sorry, Haven, I always liked you, but he's better with her.
They are very good especially with being a new pair. You can tell they are both excited to be competing. I hope they both realize how rare it is to find a new partner this late in the game that actually makes both partners better. I’m sure their programs will be more interesting next year, but I was super impressed today!

her grace

standing with Mariah
C-G/L obviously were not good tonight, but her Salchow was worse today and it simply got a 'q' call.
Which to me means they really weren't robbed in the TES mark because they definitely deserved some < calls in the FS--I would have called the 3r, the 3s and the 2r--and they didn't get any.
Also, judge 2 really hated them PCS-wise. Yes, the program completely died out at the end and they aren't in peak shape, but L/M with nearly the same components? There is no comparison between the two teams.
This was odd. For example, a skating skills difference of 8.1 for C/L and 7.8 for L/M doesn't reflect their skating. OTOH, this was L/M's best choreographed program and Mitrofanov performed it well while C/L's performance was off time and rushed.
I think it just means they have to actually hit, including rotating their jumps. K/F are coming on like gangbusters. And Calalang/Johnson have beaten C/L in the last three outings. So C/L are probably not going to get a "favored" cushion. But their PCS are still in the top 3 teams, and if they hit their TES, they should be competitive for top two.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I’m part of the group that was (and still is) annoyed that Cain and Leduc were ever part of the conversation. Aside from the occasional sbs jump, it would be a struggle to award them anything higher than +1 for GOE. Most of their elements deserve no more than 0.

They can’t even play to their strength of speed and SS when their unison is still poor. Their speed always gets negated whenever they actually perform pairs elements. Their lifts still terrify me. I still remember cringing last year at LeDuc’s footwork on the lifts. I’m still cringing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information