2020 OG Gymnastics Thread: The Takedown In Tokyo

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
It looks like Peacock is only showing the prelim sessions that the US is in.
I’m using the old NBC Sports app on Roku. The MAG1 is live now with commentary and I have no clue who these people are.

As usual, NBC has royally f’d up tagging so searching is useless. I found subdivision 1 by scrolling through every single upcoming event on the NBC Sports app.

skatingguy

Golden Team
I know the team final is 3 up, 3 count, but does that apply to Qualification as well or can all four team members compete on each apparatus?

skatingguy

Golden Team
The commentators on the international feed - is that the same Australian Belinda that was doing the international feed for figure skating in 2018?

michalle

I can't find the current stream of gymnastics on Peacock - what should I be searching for? I clicked on the gymnastics icon but no luck. Their interface is always so bewildering to me.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I know the team final is 3 up, 3 count, but does that apply to Qualification as well or can all four team members compete on each apparatus?

All four members compete in the preliminary round and the top three scores count for that result (IIRC....it's been a while since I've watched an international preliminary round, LOL :lol: ).

Love these commentators and that they're trying to show almost everyone in this rotation. Take note NBC.... gives them a hard side eye :eek:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I can't find the current stream of gymnastics on Peacock - what should I be searching for? I clicked on the gymnastics icon but no luck. Their interface is always so bewildering to me.

Apparently this subdivision is not on Peacock (maybe Peacock is only covering the US teams in the prelim rounds). I found it on NBCOlympics.com and just had to sign into my cable subscription to get access to the coverage. :)

annie720

I couldn't find it either. Could only see replays for gymnastics. Switched to nbcolympics.com

It was posted up thread that Peacock will only cover those subdivisions with U.S. gymnasts

Last edited:

ryanj07

Is there a way to just follow the Russian men rotating through events? Or do they just offer the dedicated feed for the USA teams?

skatingguy

Golden Team
Is there a way to just follow the Russian men rotating through events? Or do they just offer the dedicated feed for the USA teams?
I don't know what feeds are available, but it seems likely that the international feed will move around with all the athletes on the floor. I don't see an option to just watch one apparatus at a time.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Anyone else's sound not quite matching up with the pounding sounds from the gymnast while they do the floor or vault? Its kind of annoying but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. :eek:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Dang, Epke is not human! :eek: :cheer:

Dalaloyan isn't human either. How the heck is he VAULTING after that horrible injury?! :yikes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information