2020 Non-Presidential U.S. Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Money has been pouring in from all sides. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, has raised $17.3 million, much of it from small donors attracted to her star power, progressive policies and outsize social media presence.
I am sure much of that money will go into her war chest for future campaigns, including those of other candidates.
Her Republican challenger, John Cummings, a 60-year-old former schoolteacher at St. Raymond High School for Boys in the Bronx and a former officer for the New York Police Department, has collected $9.6 million in his first bid for office.
Money down the drain, if you ask me.

caseyedwards

I think it’s good that even if the district is 80% democratic people are still contributing to an opponent because so many races are one candidate spends 5 million and the other is like 50,000 and there is no choice really or campaign. And she could be the most liberal member of Congress And among Democrats there I believe there is some ideological diversity. So why not if someone is so far left give an opponent some money! And this was true in democratic primary too. She ended the plan to have amazon locate jobs in the area. She ended it! So that made a big number of democrats vote against her in the primary. A lot of democrats did support Amazon moving jobs into nyc which she helped end

Dobre

Another Update from Ellen Emerson White on where she thinks donations can make the most difference toward flipping the Senate:

"Ossoff and/or Rev. Warnock in Georgia. These are tight races, and your donation is worthwhile because it could also help turn Georgia blue. Rev. Warnock is likely to go to a run-off, but if he could get over 50%, that wouldn't be necessary--so, he got my wee little donation yesterday.

MJ Hegar in Texas. Same reasons. (Note: Kamala Harris is going to Texas on Friday. They would not have her there, so late in the campaign, unless they thought they had a legitimate chance to flip the state)

Bullock, in Montana. Nobody is paying attention to this race, but it's a very winnable seat.

Second tier:
Espy, in Mississippi. Tight race, and his opponent is a proud member of the Confederacy.

Bollier, in Kansas

Kelly, Gideon, and Hickenlooper do not need your money.

Harrison is overflowing with money, but it's a tight race."

ballettmaus

Harrison is overflowing with money, but it's a tight race."

That's not what he says. He says that McConnell and the GOP are pumping PAC money from big donors into Graham's campaign and Graham could very well outspend him by $10 million.

Vagabond

AOC said it best: bring it on if that means these millions are wasted instead of going to support Republicans in tight races they could actually win.
The money could be going to feed and house the poor or to develop a treatment for you-know-what instead of either of those causes. :slinkaway

Toshi_Berra

So you're all just going to pretend the Biden scandals don't exist? :lol: :lol: :lol: Am I to understand this board is "fine" with under the table dealing with hostile foreign nations? :rofl: Moderates are watching too you know..

Meanwhile big tech is censoring the reports like crazy. No election interference to see here whatsoever ;)

MsZem

What is it with Republican incumbents and skipping the final debate? First Perdue and now I'm reading Marshall in Kansas skipped, too. (And then he tried to claim he'd never heard about a third debate until the day prior even though he'd tweeted he had prior commitments before that :rofl: https://twitter.com/BarbaraBollier/status/1321949636685402116).
Perdue has no answers, I guess.

And the others as well - when a party's main strategy is to lie and disenfranchise voters, what's left to say?

caseyedwards

I knew this in February! I ousted over and over about it! I said if republican senators wanted to win reelection they would vote to remove Trump. It was the only way to win the 2020 election. If they had voted to remove Trump no conservatives or republicans who supported trump would have opposed Trump. Everyone in the party would have moved on. But for some reason - maybe because some democrats were talking about impeaching pence too- they decided to stick with trump. It was the worst political decision of all time.

Vagabond

In the eight months before Cornyn's 1990 election to the state's highest court, seven Texas publications, including regional standard-bearers such as the Austin-American Statesman and the Houston Chronicle, published 10 profiles claiming that Cornyn had "graduated" from "the Judicial Studies Program" at Oxford.
I don't think that the University of Oxford has ever had a "Judicial Studies Program." There is a Faculty of Law through which undergraduates can earn a B.A. in Jurisprudence and graduates can earn several higher degrees, but the claim should have been easily disprovable without even reaching the question of whether he even graduated.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I am worried for Mark Kelly in my State AZ. He had a solid and consistent lead in polls until a coupke weeks ago. McSally, the senator appointed by the R Governor after she lost the election to Sinema has gained a lot of ground. It seems McConnell has poured a ton of money in her campaign. I had actually thought he would cut her funding because she was so far behind. We need both Biden and Kelly to win in Arizona. I plan on phone banking next two days for my state.

Last edited:

ryanj07

I am worried for Mark Kelly in my State AZ. He had a solid and consistent lead in polls until a coupke weeks ago. McSally, the senator appointed by the R Governor after she lost the election to Sinema has gained a lot of ground. It seems McConnell has poured a ton of money in her favor. I had actually thought he would cut her funding because she was so far behind. We need both Biden and Kelly to win in Arizona. I plan on phone banking next two days for my state.

I think you’re panicking a bit over nothing. CNN just released a poll today with Kelly leading McSally 52-45 and he’s led every reputable poll I’ve seen. Biden also led Trump 50-46. Arizona is the second likeliest senate flip for the D’s after Colorado. Both are pretty safe IMO. Even Trump has given up on her with his “Martha, they don’t want to hear this.” It’s good that you are channeling your worry into action though by phone banking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information