2020 Non-Presidential U.S. Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMadame

Staying at home
That’s so sad. I hope he is ok 😔.
It is sad.

I have to say, a stronger personality would have told his team that he wasn't comfortable with what they were suggesting or would have been fine with it. Either way, I'm not sure he had the skills and personality to be effective in Congress. It's too bad he didn't figure that out before his life imploded.

Also, Marjorie Green is a horrible, horrible person.

Judy

It is sad.

I have to say, a stronger personality would have told his team that he wasn't comfortable with what they were suggesting or would have been fine with it. Either way, I'm not sure he had the skills and personality to be effective in Congress. It's too bad he didn't figure that out before his life imploded.

Also, Marjorie Green is a horrible, horrible person.

Absolutely. You really have to know what you’re getting into. I am sure his heart was in the right place though. Yes she is a nasty piece of work.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
If Lindsey Graham is already rattled, I can only imagine that more than a few of his dates(?) are ready to drop the truth bomb if they have to, and finish off his campaign for good.

caseyedwards

In 2008 when this happened all the democrats who were elected voted liberal on every issue and so this means it’s very likely green new deal and Medicare for all pass the house

ballettmaus

Look at this pic of McConnell's hands. What is going on with him?

ETA: Jinx @clairecloutier :saint:

I read that people who take steroids for chronic illnesses can get "paper-thin skin that bruises easily." Since he had polio, I would be surprised if he's on some medication with serious side effects. My oldest friend's father had polio (also a close friend of my parents, so I knew him well) and he started to need oxygen when he was in his 50s or 60s.

It definitely doesn't look healthy.

Barbara Manatee

Here are links to the original photo, and others, on AP -

There's definitely discoloration on his hands - possibly he might be on some blood thinners? And also he may have fallen and hit his face.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Re McConnell - it's a real picture from the AP. There are more. From medical professionals on Twitter, they think he's had IV treatments and is on blood thinners, probably for his known heart issue history. It's possible he also has C V. He does not look good. I thought that even before I noticed his hands and the bruising on his face. Today, he kept his hands in his pockets so he's aware of the attention.

Dobre

I filled out my ballot!

So here is why democrats seriously need to do more at a grass roots level in rural America. Here were my local options:

For my district's state senator:
1. One republican from a county that has made a disaster of this crisis versus one democrat that didn't bother to put his/her biography in the Voter's Pamphlet. (Nor does said person have a website. Said person supposedly is campaigning via letters to the editor in newspapers, but I did not find any such letters in any online paper. Essentially, said person has probably dropped out of the race).

For my district's representative:
1. One republican who is experienced & who I can share a few positive memories of, but who has pretty much laid low & avoided saying anything publicly during this whole national/state disaster versus one democrat that didn't bother to put his/her biography in the Voter's Pamphlet.

For Justice of the Peace:
Two apparently perfectly nice people, one of whom is not local but was apparently appointed to the job because the last person retired mid-term. (Seems to have done the job fine as far as I can tell. My guess, though, is that is probably why the position is actually contested).

For Sheriff:
1 experienced person who hasn't said a peep publicly during this current crises versus 1 person who announced in his advertising in all caps that he is for everyone's right to own a gun.

And a whole slew--maybe 6 or 7 positions that are totally uncontested because it is like pulling teeth to find people who have the time to do one more thing around here.

Plus one councilor position for which no one filed.

Et hem. I'm just saying that IMO the results of my county & district's local election is not going to be representative of a mandate for republican issues via people in my county. It is going to be a mandate for a. a human being and b. a human being who wants to do the work enough to fill out a bio and write a three paragraph statement in the voter's pamphlet.

End rant.;)

Susan1

A photo was taken of Mitch McConnell's hands yesterday that seems to indicate a possible medical issue:

Did you see the comment underneath? "mining coal or decomposing?"
Re McConnell - it's a real picture from the AP. There are more. From medical professionals on Twitter, they think he's had IV treatments and is on blood thinners, probably for his known heart issue history. It's possible he also has C V. He does not look good. I thought that even before I noticed his hands and the bruising on his face. Today, he kept his hands in his pockets so he's aware of the attention.
I saw the picture of his face all bruisey. What in the world. My mom's arms looked like that when she was on blood thinners and steroids and everything else for COPD. And her whole groin area looked like that after she had a heart cath - so, yeah on the needles. But, for what, is the question. And thinning skin with age. I get a bruise if I lean on anything for too long or bump into something, but just a bruise, or a whole line of them, like when I kept hitting my arm in different places pushing area rugs under the bed.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Article about Susan Collins. Spoiler alert: she's troubled.

She is also making some assumptions.
With your help, when I’m re-elected, a year later I become the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee,” she announced.

I do not think this happens unless Republicans win the Senate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information