2020 Canadians Senior Dance

Dobre

I’m confused by this statement. Just because the scores are high doesn’t mean the competition isn’t fair. As long as the scores are consistent (high, low, whatever) for everyone, that makes it fair.
If you don't take the marks off the GOE for obvious flubs, how is it fair? Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not voicing a complaint about the placements, and I know that athletes realize that Nationals scores are a whole different kettle of fish than international scores. But when you are in a tight battle or what is anticipated to be a tight battle and someone makes a mistake, I want to see that reflected in the marks. (I wanted to see it reflected in the marks for Papadakis & Cizeron during the RD at the GPF too so I'm being consistent here in my view of it). We all know the RD was full of mistakes here. What is the point in pretending it wasn't? I don't really think it sets a very good precedent for young teams about to head into major internationals, though L&L have logged a lot of experience on the junior scene and are aware at some level.

I'll also acknowledge that having to go skate right after hearing the team ahead of you has scored 220 had to be some kind of mental hurdle for the team going after, though that's one of those hurdles and experiences teams have to face. It makes you stronger in the long run. L&L and S&F are both relatively inexperienced in different ways so they are going to learn from a lot of experiences. And pressure-induced mistakes are just part of that ride.

I'm not surprised L&L edged S&F here. The marks on the pattern all season have given L&L the edge in the RD, and while I did think S&F had a shot of passing them in the FD (which I do think is a better program than the Bohemian Rhapsody + no pattern to be a problem for S&F), Soucisse & Firus didn't get the job done.

But I look ahead to next weekend, and I really don't want to see athletes falling out of their twizzles and getting +GOE. It could be the difference between winning gold vs. silver or making vs. not making the World team.

Habs

If you don't take the marks off the GOE for obvious flubs, how is it fair? Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not voicing a complaint about the placements, and I know that athletes realize that Nationals scores are a whole different kettle of fish than international scores. But when you are in a tight battle or what is anticipated to be a tight battle and someone makes a mistake, I want to see that reflected in the marks.
Understood, thanks for clarifying. I agree. :)

Gris

I actually liked the Tom Jones program from S/F :shuffle:
I find it has grown on me as well, maybe because I've seen it many times since summer. :lol:

I would like it even more if it doesn't remind me of that Plushenko program. :shuffle:

Sally1214

I just finished watching the interview with PIper & Paul at the end of the televised Pairs FS. Is it just my TV or is Piper's hair a grey/silver color? I think some shade of blonde might suit her better. But, then it might just be my TV .... the colors of skating dresses I'm seeing don't always match what you guys say they are wearing .

Colonel Green

I just finished watching the interview with PIper & Paul at the end of the televised Pairs FS. Is it just my TV or is Piper's hair a grey/silver color? I think some shade of blonde might suit her better. But, then it might just be my TV .... the colors of skating dresses I'm seeing don't always match what you guys say they are wearing .
Her hair is pale blonde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information