2019 World Team Trophy Ladies SP

jenny12

Kihira’s skating was heavenly in the short program. What an ease and quality to everything. Such a shame she couldn’t skate like this at Worlds.

Kihira and Sakamoto were a pleasure to watch. Such pure skating.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
What are you guys talking about? She has higher score now..
Samodurova is 6th after SP, with a score of................ 68.61
At GPF with Japanese Girls and Tuk, she was 5th with.. 68.24
at GP Russia, no top Japan Girls or Tuk, she was 2nd .. 67.40

But her SB is 72.88.

CaliSteve

What are you guys talking about? She has higher score now..

I thought she should of had at least a few more points.

Spun Silver

Liza wuzrobbed. I loved that from her, and I'm not usually a big fan. She was so on. I really cant see how the judges thought that was inferior to Rika on performance and interpretation at the very least, plus her 3A is much bigger and more exciting. Grr.

Tinami Amori

But her SB is 72.88.
True, but it's Europeans, and they tend to mark on the higher end, like at "Nationals", and like 4CC.
Plus the level of the field, except for 2-3 ladies, was not very high, no Japan, USA, Korea.
At Skate America Sam got 64.41.

so given all the scores and how she skated her SP now, looked right.

jlai

Question everything
Liza wuzrobbed. I loved that from her, and I'm not usually a big fan. She was so on. I really cant see how the judges thought that was inferior to Rika on performance and interpretation at the very least, plus her 3A is much bigger and more exciting. Grr.
LIza is known for poor ice coverage though I can't tell whether it is so in this event though.

Tinami Amori

It's a big discussion on some russian sites. There are slo-mo clips posted.

Rika - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1555001056/20f97947/26153413.gif
Liza - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1555001227/76729db6/26153458.gif

most people arguing that Liza's is same or better, few argue for Rika. I was leaning towards Liza's, but those "for Rika" made a good point, that Rika's landing and flow is much better. Liza landed a bit on a "toe pick", with a small "jerk", and her flow out of the jump is not a smooth and shows less continuity...

Ardarys

It's a big discussion on some russian sites. There are slo-mo clips posted.

Rika - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1555001056/20f97947/26153413.gif
Liza - http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1555001227/76729db6/26153458.gif

most people arguing that Liza's is same or better, few argue for Rika. I was leaning towards Liza's, but those "for Rika" made a good point, that Rika's landing and flow is much better. Liza landed a bit on a "toe pick", with a small "jerk", and her flow out of the jump is not a smooth and shows less continuity...

Rika’s tends to look easier with less setup, but in a way I kinda love that Liza’s looks like work — to me it’s more of a big athletic “wow” moment in the way that it used to feel when Midori and Tonya did it.

Tinami Amori

Rika’s tends to look easier with less setup, but in a way I kinda love that Liza’s looks like work — to me it’s more of a big athletic “wow” moment in the way that it used to feel when Midori and Tonya did it.
yes, same here. They should both be given a little token, a pin, a trophy, for doing "extra" that no one else did in this comp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information