2A3T
3Lo easy

Mesmerizing footwork :swoon:

3Lz3T< fall
3F
3Lz2T2Lo great

another fabulous CH sequence

3Lo

Too bad, but I think she’s probably OK with this considering the state of her boots. :yikes: The CH sequence and footwork alone should allow this to place 4th.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And there's the difference between the Japanese ladies and the Russians. In Russia, you better learn to compete or you'll never get out of inner country competitions. It's not just skating skills that will win at the end of the day. It's wanting to win.

Sylvia

TBD
1 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 153.89 82.15 71.74 8.89 8.64 9.21 8.89 9.21 0.00 #11 12
2 Bradie TENNELL USA 150.83 79.64 71.19 8.82 8.64 9.00 9.00 9.04 0.00 #9 11
3 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 146.70 74.80 71.90 9.18 8.75 9.04 8.93 9.04 0.00 #10 10
4 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 138.84 73.86 64.98 8.32 7.68 8.36 8.14 8.11 0.00 #7 9
5 Rika KIHIRA JPN 138.37 70.67 69.70 8.89 8.71 8.46 8.82 8.68 2.00 #12 8
6 Mariah BELL USA 135.17 68.80 67.37 8.43 8.11 8.46 8.46 8.64 1.00 #8 7
7 Marina PIREDDA ITA 120.22 64.85 55.37 6.89 6.64 7.11 6.93 7.04 0.00 #4 6
8 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 114.22 59.72 55.50 7.11 6.61 6.96 6.96 7.04 1.00 #3 5
9 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 107.71 52.30 56.41 7.14 6.93 6.86 7.21 7.11 1.00 #5 4
10 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 107.48 49.47 60.01 7.86 7.32 7.04 7.75 7.54 2.00 #6 3
11 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA 106.64 54.99 51.65 6.54 6.21 6.46 6.57 6.50 0.00 #1 2
12 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 94.91 43.99 52.92 6.64 6.43 6.43 6.86 6.71 2.00 #2 1

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wtt2019/data0205.pdf

Final Team Standings:

GOLD - Team United States of America USA 117 :kickass:
SILVER - Team Japan JPN 104
BRONZE - Team Russia RUS 102
4 Team France FRA 75
5 Team Canada CAN 73
6 Team Italy ITA 69

ETA from the Pairs thread:
4 Team Canada CAN 69
5 Team France FRA 66
So the real battle is for 4th-5th?
Yup. Congrats to France!

(And it ended up being closer than expected between JPN and RUS.)

MsZem

I see the sea
France ahead of Canada, not a bad result. It was fun overall, the gala might be extra fun with all the skaters being in such a good mood and about to start their vacation.
If Aymoz keeps getting better and James/Cipres stick around, France might have a shot at a medal in the Olympic team event. They don't need to be that strong in singles to be competitive there.

mackiecat

Tuktamysheva has had good choreographers do her programs but she just takes it all out. So why spend the money if you aren’t going to use the choreography

mjb52

I think Samodurova winning Euros is what really cost Liza her Worlds spot. She was the person they probably really wanted to leave home but couldn't (I like Sofia a lot, this isn't a knock on her, just a thought about how it would have made the most sense to construct the team).

Jammers

I think it is little absurd Kaori is getting that type of score with a bad opening flip, flutz and her hardest combination is a double axel triple toe double toe....
Lets face it the scores at WTT are always way over the top. No way does Tuk get over 150 anywhere else besides Russian Nats even with a skate that clean.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I just watched Sofia. I think that 2-2-2 mistake from Worlds may have been weighing on her a little. Her smile when she got it done here was everything. :swoon: Oh dear, I love this child more than anyone should ever love a Russian ladies' skater. Can someone find her some Kazakh relatives or something, please?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Wow, Tuk! I especially love when she accelerates near the end and pumps the crowd. Whee! Now isn’t this 1,000x more worthy of a Worlds medal than Med and her funereal tango? Just sayin’. THIS is what should’ve been at Worlds. Harrumph!

jlai

Question everything
And there's the difference between the Japanese ladies and the Russians. In Russia, you better learn to compete or you'll never get out of inner country competitions. It's not just skating skills that will win at the end of the day. It's wanting to win.

That is not exactly fair. If ladies judging value skating skills the way it is with men judging maybe the Japanese ladies will have more confidence and Russian ladies with less confidence? You can't attribute outcome of any event to just one thing you want to see

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
:respec: to La Tuk!! So exciting for her after being left off the worlds team!

That’s a great score for Bradie too, and a huge jump up from Baby Italia who was scoring 80s on the JGP.

Too bad about the Canadian ladies :slinkaway

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I don't know what's going on with Sofia, but she's not been the same since Europeans. She totally killed that program then. She's skated through it ever since. She lands everything, but it's not the same. Curious.

Probably tired and feeling pressure to prove herself after winning Euros. She’s had a long season. I don’t think she’s ever even been to junior worlds, so this is her first season having multiple post Nationals major competitions

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So happy to read that Liza skated so well here! She sent a message to her fed- don’t you dare give up on me!

SAMARIN really cost team Russia a higher placement. Gold was out of reach, the way the US men skated, but had SAMARIN skated a half way decent SP, his team would have a silver right now. The pairs, ice dance, ladies all did their job.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Yes, because there's so little internal competition in Japan and the Japanese skaters are clearly inconsistent because they don't want to win.

And even if they didn't want to win, which is completely absurd, it's even more absurd for you to confidently write that as if it's something you could know.

By the way, wasn't Radionova one of your favorites? I guess she also must have not wanted to win.

These condescending platitudes about Russia vs. Japan are so far beyond tiresome. I'm glad this season is over and that I'm not going to buy PBP access for the next some.

Tinami Amori

Yes, because there's so little internal competition in Japan and the Japanese skaters are clearly inconsistent because they don't want to win.

And even if they didn't want to win, which is completely absurd, it's even more absurd for you to confidently write that as if it's something you could know.

By the way, wasn't Radionova one of your favorites? I guess she also must have not wanted to win.

These condescending platitudes about Russia vs. Japan are so far beyond tiresome. I'm glad this season is over and that I'm not going to buy PBP access for the next some.
what's with you attacking @rfisher for her opinion? ... somebody hugged a porcupine instead of a cat this morning..:rofl:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I hope Tuktamysheva keeps that motivation and the momentum going into next season. We know that’s a big ask for the majority of skaters, but I have no doubt she will be ready next year with two triple Axels and at least the one 3+3.

Samodurova obviously takes it so hard on herself when she makes one mistake. I also think, if anyone, we are going to see her as a completely different and more well-rounded skater next year. She knows what she needs to work on, and she really seems invested in doing as well as she can because her love for the sport is so obvious.

The USFS should be really happy with their top group of ladies at the moment- actually with their entire set of top skaters. This is the first time since 1995 that all of the skaters finished in the top 10 at Worlds. The men ran away with this competition and the ladies really delivered. Bell is very nearly there and Tennell just needs a better LP and a spark to match that interesting SP.

Tinami Amori

could someone who speek russian tell me what TAT says on Piredda? https://youtu.be/z9Fwo9m7sa0

If you mean "just TAT" and "just about Piredda" (not other comments about other stuff, or the guy talking):
-... popped the lutz (sympathetically)
- ... moves her arms thoughtfully (well), that's a good thing...
- .. flip (no judgement)
- .. sal (no judgement)
- (lists the components of her combo spin. positive tone) 4th level, had a difficult entery!
- .. lutz-toe (no judgement)
- very good! axel-toe.. (combo) ... just simple very good!
- lively girl. with good speed..
- (after a 3L).. good girl! (did it) from a difficult entry.... from a bracket..
- (during final combo spin, positive tone) difficult body position (repeats "difficult position" after every change).... and that's how you get 4th level.
- (programme finished) Good girl! she is light, nothing extra (weight)... not bad at all, glides well, moves around (ice runs)
- by the way she has a great off-ice physical fitness coach... yes, he is very good...
- (talking about music "Pina", mention Savchenko)
- (the guy commentator talks about Piredda's season, other jr and sr. events)
- back to TAT: end of season, she gained experience, starts skating better..
- (rerun of the programme. spin) Look at how she pulls her foot all the way to her head! She skates (glides) very well..
- man says "she is only 16". TAT - it's no longer "only 16", it's not like she is 11... next year she'll be 17... She is a young healthy girl, could try for the podium (at Euros)..
- (talk about geography of next Euros, in Austria, close to Italy. TAT tells all to get Visas ready, come to Gratz...)
- (score comes up) TAT and guy are excited, call her skate "a very good one"

Tinami Amori

I think there should be not medals, but pins awarded at each event - for the most daring/difficult/risque move and both Rika and Liza should receive them for doing 3A, which NO other girls risked to learn and to do..:40beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information