2019 Skate Canada Challenge

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
With only one spot alongside Lajoie/Lagha, the fight for Junior Worlds will be brutal. Is it going to be decided only based on Nationals or will they take into account other international placements? Before the season, I would have bet on Fisher/Malette-Paquette, but things are up in the air now I think.
I'll say it again, but I love Bronsard/Bouaraguia's FD. My favourite Gadbois FDs are in junior it seems ;)

Colonel Green

Yikes, poor Bruce. They recovered well.

The man falling in an ice dance routine is the worst for me, because I spend the rest of the performance worried he was going to drop Natalie.

With only one spot alongside Lajoie/Lagha, the fight for Junior Worlds will be brutal. Is it going to be decided only based on Nationals or will they take into account other international placements? Before the season, I would have bet on Fisher/Malette-Paquette, but things are up in the air now I think.

I'll say it again, but I love Bronsard/Bouaraguia's FD. My favourite Gadbois FDs are in junior it seems ;)
It's holistic, not just based on Nationals placement, though obviously coming second at Nationals will weigh heavily. But I'd think that Fisher/Malette-Paquette's JGP bronze will also be a big benefit for them.

honey

Eek..rough from Kim Deguise-Leveillee....3T turn 3T, fall on the 3F that looked under and fall on the 2A. She looked really nervous before she started.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Just home in time to see Kim DL. Rough skate. Ever the optimist I'm hoping for some great skates from our up and coming ladies today!

Dobre

I think probably at least 5 dance teams have done enough that if they finish 2nd at Junior Nationals, they can grab the spot. Orihara & Royer, Fabbri & Ayer, Fisher & Mallette-Paquette, D'Allessandro & Waddell, Bronsard & Bouaraguia. Maybe Galiyanova & Lochead and Stairs & Graham too.

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Dance live scoring - top 9:

Rank Score Name Segment1 Segment2
1 156.73 Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer - QC 62.53 (1) 94.20 (1)
2 153.43 Yuka Orihara / Lee Royer - BC/YK 60.27 (4) 93.16 (3)
3 151.51 Irina Galiyanova / Grayson Lochhead - ON 60.98 (3) 90.53 (5)
4 150.65 Emmy Bronsard / Aissa Bouaraguia - QC 57.50 (7) 93.15 (4)
5 150.24 Ashylnne Stairs / Elliott Graham - ON 62.10 (2) 88.14 (8)
6 149.29 Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette - QC 55.82 (9) 93.47 (2)
7 146.84 Natalie D Alessandro / Bruce Waddell - ON 58.14 (5) 88.70 (6)
8 145.69 Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara - BC/YK 57.09 (8) 88.60 (7)
9 144.02 Olivia McIsaac / Corey Circelli - ON 57.93 (6) 86.09 (9)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Yikes Bockneck popped the lutz and flip to singles. I hope this isn't indicative of how the rest of this is gonna go.

honey

Beautiful jumps from Olivia Gran! 3Z+2T, 3L and 2A all very well done. Spins a tiny bit slow, but she's got great presence and I enjoy her skating :)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
So happy to see Gran skate like this!

I watched some of Catherine Carle in jr and she struggled a lot and it will be hard for her to qualify I would guess as she's already a few spots behind. Shame.

honey

Some iffy jumps from Kim Decelles. But still good to see her back after all this time :) 3T+3T, hands down and under, 3Z under, 2A ok. Points for a cute dress :glamor:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Considering the hip surgery and how she skated before, that was a great effort from Kim Decelles! So pleased she went for the triple triple!

honey

There is...kind of a lot going on with Emily Basuback's dress and I find it very distracting. 3Z fall, very nice 3F+2T love the attack, 2A. There is something that is 2002 Meagan Duhamel about her and it's very endearing.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Cotop looks fantastic, despite easier jumps. The toe entry seemed different than before. Let's see which of the harder triples she tries in the long.

honey

Alison Schumacher's dress is stunning. 3S+3T, rotation looked iffy. 3F, leaning and almost fall, likely under. 2A nice. Her feet and knees are fantastic. Her upper body and face are totally disconnected from the music though.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Schumacher was pretty good, not as good as her first JGP this year but she went for the triple triple.

honey

Michelle Long also in a stunning dress. 3S+1T, oops. 3L, flipped out. 2A, great speed on the landing. Very complete skater. I always have the sense that she's right on the edge of delivering perfectly, but the mistakes keeps creeping in.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Another great skate from Lavoie-Léonard - she won the short at Quebec sectionals so it's nice to see her repeat that here.

mag

I am confused by Aurora Cotop’s score. 59 with a sal and and toe seems excessive. 7 points ahead of Beatrice and Olivia? Yes, her basic skating has improved, yes her spins are better than Olivia’s, but seven points?

danafan

Canadian ladies über
How many juniors qualify to nationals also seniors (singles)

In junior, top 18 in singles, top 12 in pairs and top 15 in dance.

In seniors the total number of entries at nationals is 18 in singles, 12 in pairs and 15 in dance. All pairs and dance advance and top 13 (not including Pineault and Austman) in ladies and top 12 (not counting Nguyen) in men

Wow that is probably the best Sarah Tamura has ever skated, possibly by far. She landed the triple lutz triple toe and was very patient with it too.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
That was a beautiful skate from Helene Carle - maybe even better than her short from sectionals which finished first. She must feel a lot of pressure to qualify after her sister Catherine didn't qualify in junior. Her other sister Audrey won pre novice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information