2019 SkAm RD - Swing City

alj5

Stepanova & Bukin
Her dress isn’t as bad in person. That type of skirt gives her that super long leg line while still having a big skirt. The gold on the arms is more of a fashion crime to me.
I liked this program more than I thought I would. Smart music cuts and cohesive program.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Does Stepanova have it written in a contract somewhere that she must have a puffy skirt for at least one costume each year?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
On the plus side, the first half of S/B’s program is fun. On the negative, boy she’s not much of a skater.
Well, she has been injured and they haven't been back on the ice very long. Not that that makes her a better skater or anything....

Michalle

Zhuk clutching Bukin reminds me of when Davis went to do the traditional Russian holding hands with the coaches before the score comes and Shpilband was like lol nah

ichiro

I usually root for SB, but those random cuts of Moulin rouge.. Ugh. Is is me or is her posture getting worse. I wonder what team Montreal could do with these two lol

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If you notice, Zhuk always clutches her male students. Including her juniors.

oleada

BabyRussians were totally robbed; they were way more memorable and interesting than Laurialt/LeGac and Green/Parsons. :drama:

Dobre

Does Stepanova have it written in a contract somewhere that she must have a puffy skirt for at least one costume each year?
She has an issue with sticking out her rear in closed hold, and the puffy skirt solves that quite well. It's a very functional costume;).

The hair is fab.

thvudragon

Usova's Apprentice
So, me and everyone around me cannot fathom how no one in Montreal thinks H&D’s music is problematic.

Her heart belongs to daddy, he hits the right spot, then she wants to do something taboo, and wants to “be bad”. Like... okay....

Sally1214

Contrary to popular opinion on here, I like Stepanova/Bukin. Can't tell about lack of speed on the computer but I enjoyed them. No doubt, a huge part of their appeal is that Ivan is SO adorable ... always a smiling, happy puppy. And, who doesn't love puppies?

Michalle

Hey did y'all know Susanna's father was the mayor of Helsinki? I think NBC (was that NBC) might have mentioned it once or twice or a billion times back in the day.

Messalina

I just don't think that "Too Darn Hot" the song works without its B-part. It's just repetitive. And anyway, why not add in another "Kiss Me Kate" (or other Cole Porter dammit!) number for variation?

As a Broadway obsessive, I have to say I was surprised to be generally bored tonight. WHY MOULIN ROUGE AGAIN when there's an embarrassment of riches in good musicals?!?!

Dobre

So, me and everyone around me cannot fathom how no one in Montreal thinks H&D’s music is problematic.

Her heart belongs to daddy, he hits the right spot, then she wants to do something taboo, and wants to “be bad”. Like... okay....
I just dislike Marilyn Monroe. I dislike Marilyn Monroe movies. I dislike Marilyn Monroe exposes. I dislike Pasha's Marilyn puff piece and Bobrova & Soloviev's Marilyn Finnstep and the fact that Madison is playing Marilyn and the fact that Stepanova & Bukin are skating to the song about "diamonds are a girl's best friend." I'm a very equal opportunity anti-Marilyn Monroe snob. Give me Katherine Hepburn (aka a strong female role) any day.

Fortunately the judging panel does not care one iota about my opinion here.

avivadawn

I was able to tell the Baby Russians how great they skated...only to realize that Sofia couldn’t understand me and Igor just could. Some gesturing and smiles got the point across. Then, they were gracious enough to sign autographs for some girls and take photos with them.

I’m ubering them. They were most definitely robbed in the RD.

Michalle

I was able to tell the Baby Russians how great they skated...only to realize that Sofia couldn’t understand me and Igor just could. Some gesturing and smiles got the point across. Then, they were gracious enough to sign autographs for some girls and take photos with them.

I love them.

Aerobicidal

Inspired by Selections

Thank you for this. I really love both of their programs this year and we thought they (especially Sofia) were great live at Junior Worlds.

Sofia's mom was also sitting near us for a lot of the events and was hugely supportive of pretty much everyone, including her daughter's close competitors.

Debrah

Well if I'm honest, my 2 fav SA RD performances in terms of just enjoyment, via their genuine audience projection, honest emoting, musicality and pgm choreo that suits each team (not talking in technical terms as that is up to actual judges) it's FB-S of Canada and S/D Spain. Was not wowed by either H/D or S/B but they skated well enough, just did not buy what they were selling but perhaps both pgms will grow on me over the season. Felt their PCS was bit bloated for both but I understand it due to their world ranking so I expected it but I may actually prefer C/B's RD to H/D this year, so far and for the 1st time ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information