2019 SkAm RD CLIFF NOTES - Swing City

Status
Not open for further replies.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA
2 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN
3 Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO RUS
4 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN CAN
5 Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO RUS

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA
7 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP
8 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA
9 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA
10 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS

Wedgie Data

genevieve

Staff member
Warm-Up Group 1 IN GLORIOUS NO-TEKNIK! :rollin:

Colonel Green: The workings of the ISU's World Standings are mysterious indeed, but I find it fascinating that Zahorski/Guerreiro got bumped down into the second group basically just because they didn't go to Worlds last year, despite that same season they made the Grand Prix Final, and the previous year they went to the Olympics and Worlds.

PRlady: I cannot believe how gorgeous the Danadians are.
peibeck: The better to seduce you with their finger machine gun choreography. :p

overedge: OMFG there's a team skating to songs from Cry Baby. My dream for this year's RD has been fulfilled

1 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA - Cry Baby
oleada: Yes, "Call me if you need a loose screw" is DEFINITELY the type of lyrics that you should pick when you have a 16 year old skating with a 24 year old.

Aerobicidal: I really enjoyed Green/Parsons even though that music is a lesser "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now" and the last cut sounded like it was being played from Irina Zhuk's cell phone.

Colonel Green: this program is bad.
oleada: I mean, that's par for the course with this coaching team :slinkaway Aerobicidal: Team WISA needs to be the first one to get the disco versions of "Baby One More Time" and "Mmmm-Bop" we heard earlier today.

slicekw: It was very cutesy - a bit too much for me, but they acquitted themselves well. They seem to have a good rhythm with each other.

Sally1214: That was surprisingly good from Green/Parsons. Very quick, sharp and in synch. Dance comp. off to a good start.

alj5: Solid GP debut. They don’t look like they’ve been together six months. She looks fresh from juniors, and they still need to work on chemistry.

2 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN - Swing (musical)
Rukia: I love this dress hangy things around the neckline and all

oleada: Chen/Sun skating to that famous Medley by Various Artists

Rukia: Yeah, that was not a great Finnstep. Wow this program is not good at all. But they have perk.

overedge: "Show me what you've got" but it apparently doesn't include unison

Colonel Green: Rough levels for Chen/Sun, but fun performance. I really like the ending pose.
peibeck: Chen/Sun really need to work on their edges. And in the arena they seemed kind of slow.

Aceon6: I don’t understand Chen’s dress. It has nothing to do with the theme.
Theatregirl1122: Yes, but it's really pretty. I think that's it's whole point. I'm more confused by his turtle neck. Maybe if they were skating to Company.

alj5: Her dress is gorgeous, more beautiful in person because it sparkles 100x more than on the arena monitors. They seem much more comfortable as a partnership than last season, and she’s more expressive.

3 Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO RUS - The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
meggonzo: Tiffany's dress had me hoping there was somehow a C+C Music Factory musical.
Theatregirl1122: I have seen greatest showman. This dress is deeply confusing.

Colonel Green: I complained about Green/Parsons’ program, but this is hands down the worst RD this year, at least for a prominent team. Atrocious, nonsensical music edits (and unlike some here, I actually like this movie a lot)....Ouch, evidently the judges shared my feelings about the program.

alj5: So much faster than the previous teams. I really like this program. At first I was like 🙄 at the music, but I’d actually like to watch this again. Her long legs are always a highlight in lifts, and I love her hair color - it’s a little bit peachy red.

4 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN CAN - Bonnie and Clyde
oleada: I would totally have a threesome with the Danadians :grope:

Theatregirl1122: Does she have a vampire bite? Because if not, she's not really wearing that scarf right.

overedge: I love the Danadians but they are capable of so much more than this lameness. They need a program that really shows them off.
jamesy: Stop trying to give everyone Cry Baby! :mitchell:

Theatregirl1122: I love this program. The music choices are actually good and the styling and attitude are perfect for Bonnie and Clyde.

oleada: Nooooo, Nikolaj messes up the twizzles :fragile:
I still totally love this program though

peibeck: Bonnie and Columbine messed up the twizzles, but the pattern dance was the best so far.

slicekw: Canadians are hitting the bounce for the finnstep. Still a little too tightly wound for such a musical-theater routine. But it has a lot of promise. Her dress tho -- holy crap, it's a heck of a dress, very French femme fatale.

Doggygirl: I love this Bonnie & Clyde program! I don't care how cheezy it is! Bring the finger-gun-twizzle-ography! :cheer:

alj5: I love how they skate together. I don’t know how Gadbois comes up with so many great programs, because that twizzle sequence was so entertaining.

5 Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO RUS - Burlesque
Rukia: Feathery gloves??? YES PLEASE.

Holy Headband: This is already 5x more unsettling/inappropriate than Samodurova's Burlesque.

Rukia: This is the most Vegas appropriate program I've seen so far.

oleada: That was trashy fun. I can't tell who is the bigger diva, Igor or Sofia. Obviously, I totally loved it. They clearly enjoyed themselves.

thvudragon: this elderly audience started giving shocked sighs when sex was being spelled to them.

Rukia: this isn't trashy enough. I expected more pelvic thrusting or ponytail swinging or something.

peibeck: This seems like a very weird choice for the Finnstep, but whatever.... They are well matched but need more speed at the end of the dance.

alj5: I loved them last year. After the last two teams, they are bridging the junior-senior divide. Their lift was a highlight for me, and she just acts the hell out of this program. I’d have them ahead of Green/Parsons.

Citlali: Checking their ages on wedgie....
Oh! Over 18? I really enjoyed this program :cheer2:

Last edited:

genevieve

Staff member
Warm-Up Group 2
Rukia: I don't like Hubbell's dress. WHAT IS STEPANOVA WEARING??? I kind of hate/love it.

Amy L: Olivia's hair is really committed to the RD theme.
Anthony's pants are somehow very tight and very old man style at the same time.

Theatregirl1122: I like everything about C/P's styling and program for Too Darn Hot except the GIANT HOLE in the middle of her dress. Those of you in Vegas, could you form a search party for the MIDDLE OF HER DRESS?

oleada: H/D are trying to test my love with their program selections.

Rukia: Hahaha that dress is for Moulin Rouge??? I can't even. I really want to see it in motion.

6 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA - Les Demoiselles de Rochefort/M LeGrand
overedge: Too bad props aren't allowed, because this program could use a beret and some baguettes.
jamesy: It's Vegas, they should at least be allowed to start smoking during their footwork.

Michalle: This stopped holding my attention about halfway through.

alchemy void: That was boring/classy/no teknik. Next!
Holy Headband: L/L's movements are so overarticulated, tentative and affected, particularly Lauriault's.

alj5: It was a nice program, but all I could think of was that this is a program that Cappellini & Lanotte would do better. She had some wobbles in the twizzles.

7 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP - Grease
Theatregirl1122: I can't decide if the person who made her costume couldn't understand how this shirt was supposed to be constructed and that's why it is insane at the top or if they judt thought you couldn't make it work the right way and just made it insane at the top. But I feel like there has to have been another option than whatever is happening with her arms.

oleada: Why is Olivia so unlikable? :slinkaway

wickedwitch: S/D are not good enough skaters to make up for the cringiness or the bad music cut.

Theatregirl1122: This RD slaps. You can all fight me.
slicekw: ok in 40 years, that is hands-down the best choreographed (and music-cut) Grease program that I've ever seen. That was kind of a pleasure to see.

oleada: I saw these two on the Challengers so many times that it's kind of lost it's effect. I'm over it.
Michalle: This is just so literal.

Citlali: Grease program without costume change? :blah:

peibeck: Meh, more Grease 2 than the classic. When the audience is clapping along with the tempo and your steps are still behind the beat? Erm... :shuffle:

manhn: I was one of six people who stood up. I have stood up once before, and that was for Keegan.

8 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA - My Heart Belongs to Daddy-Marilyn Monroe/Let's Be Bad (Smash musical)
Rukia: Ok My Heart Belongs to Daddy is way creepier than I thought it would be

thvudragon: So, me and everyone around me cannot fathom how no one in Montreal thinks H&D’s music is problematic. Her heart belongs to daddy, he hits the right spot, then she wants to do something taboo, and wants to “be bad”. Like... okay....

oleada: They're so powerful and their skating is SO big. Their skating is way better than anyone here. I'm not sure about this program.

Dobre: Thought Madison & Zach skated that very well with a lot of attack. (Their taste is about as expensive as boxed wine).

Rukia: Hated the first half, loved the second half. C'est ice dance.

Amy L: They should have done a conspiracy version of this program instead. She's Mariyln, he'd be JFK. She could be poisoned by the FBI and/or the mafia, fun times!

9 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA - Kiss Me Kate Musical
oleada: I've seen Carreira/Ponomarenko skate this 3 times already and the only thing I remember about the program are Anthony's pants.

Rukia: Christina screwed up the twizzles this time. That's different.

slicekw: Not liking these costumes or styling for "Too Darn Hot" from Kiss Me Kate. Ditto the ponytailed hot-pink perkiness. Seems like the audience aren't getting it either. I will say that those green pants are very flattering.

Theatregirl1122: From the standpoint of interpretation the stage show, this program is a total win. Right tone, right look, right vibe. Too bad about the errors.

peibeck: Too darn sloppy, that is all.

oleada: OMG, Igor's wife/minion smiling at them and then moving away and scowling was HILARIOUS :rofl:

10 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS - Moulin Rouge
Rukia: These costumes are so extra
Amy L: Somewhere in Moscow a costume designer has more money, but is totally out of all of their red fabric.

Nell411: This is just making me think that they could have skated to music from Gentleman Prefer Blondes. That would have been way more fun than another Moulin Rouge program.

Theatregirl1122: What did they do to Moulin Rouge to make it sound even worse?
Colonel Green: I was liking that most of the way through, and then...what is that hideous stuff they added to “Your Song”?

jamesy: That flapping magician's coat knows it has to fight hard to get attention from that dress.

oleada: Moulin Rouge is so overdone, but it suits StepBuks. Finnstep looked a bit rough. Nice save on the costume malfunction. IMO, they look like they need more training time, which they frankly, probably do.

peibeck: Moulin Perky... just not my type, despite my love for Bukin. Her posture is getting even worse, if that's possible.

alj5: Her dress isn’t as bad in person. That type of skirt gives her that super long leg line while still having a big skirt. The gold on the arms is more of a fashion crime to me.

oleada: BabyRussians were totally robbed; they were way more memorable and interesting than Laurialt/LeGac and Green/Parsons. :drama:

genevieve

Staff member
1​
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUEUSA
84.97​
47.78​
37.19​
9.29​
9.14​
9.39​
9.25​
9.43​
0.00​
#8​
2​
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKINRUS
81.91​
45.68​
36.23​
9.07​
8.89​
9.14​
9.07​
9.11​
0.00​
#10​
3​
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENCAN
79.17​
44.35​
34.82​
8.64​
8.68​
8.68​
8.79​
8.75​
0.00​
#4​
4​
Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZESP
76.62​
42.76​
33.86​
8.43​
8.25​
8.57​
8.50​
8.57​
0.00​
#7​
5​
Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRORUS
71.18​
39.58​
31.60​
7.96​
7.75​
8.00​
7.82​
7.96​
0.00​
#3​
6​
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKOUSA
70.41​
38.27​
32.14​
8.07​
7.89​
7.96​
8.11​
8.14​
0.00​
#9​
7​
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GACFRA
68.23​
37.13​
31.10​
7.79​
7.61​
7.75​
7.86​
7.86​
0.00​
#6​
8​
Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONSUSA
67.97​
38.48​
29.49​
7.50​
7.25​
7.39​
7.36​
7.36​
0.00​
#1​
9​
Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKORUS
66.79​
37.76​
29.03​
7.29​
7.14​
7.25​
7.36​
7.25​
0.00​
#5​
10​
Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUNCHN
61.74​
34.79​
26.95​
6.79​
6.57​
6.79​
6.82​
6.71​
0.00​
#2​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information