2019 SkAm Pairs FS - Fear and Lifting In Las Vegas

Doggygirl

Going through FS withdrawal after GPF
Interesting D/F interview with Andrea. It seems that JZ was able to really help Morgan/Cipres handle competition nerves and the competition dynamic within their partnership. I wonder if he is helping D/F work through some similar issues? (her knee injury/recovery being a big part of that, but I'm sure the mental issues that come with it are significant)

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I feel like the Gribbles have one really wonky competition every year, so hopefully this got it out of their systems and they can skate lights out for the rest of the season.

peibeck

Simply looking
Now they have a Ukrainian hand balancing act (to "Feeling Good" no less!) who is doing his routine in front of the FSU banner. And following a dog act. Show business dreams. 😛

binbinwinwin

I feel like Chinese team were surprised because once they got the scores and stood up and hugged Hongbo Zhao told Jin "So lucky."

Dobre

I feel like the Gribbles have one really wonky competition every year, so hopefully this got it out of their systems and they can skate lights out for the rest of the season.
I feel like putting all the pressure and hype on one U.S. pair team doesn't result in building strong competitors, and the best thing C&LD have going for them is that they earned that second spot at Worlds last year so all the pressure doesn't need to be on one team. I wish the narrative and "big push" would back off. Let all of these U.S. teams develop into competitors. They have the right field for it. A lot of teams in the hunt. A lot of reason to fight and go head-to-head. More opportunities than in the past to get to the bigger events and gain that experience. Why do we always have to push somebody? Treat the season like a lion's den. Watch them fight it all out and learn from the experience.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
We watched while cooking and eating dinner. Good on DenFra! The rest was meh although the baby Russians showed that they’re to be feared if/when they hit.

personwhoishere

Didn't get to watch most of SA live this past weekend, but just got to watch D/F's free. SO happy for them! Been a fan since they won their first GP medal and thrilled to see they had a solid performance to build off of :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information