2019 SkAm Men FS - Now You See Men

Domshabfan

Lady Hale's Brooch
Did Aliev get Zayak call for too many toe loop (2 quad toe and 2 triple toes) or for too many jumps repeated 3Lz << , 3lz+3t, 4t+3t, 4t ???

Tony Wheeler

Did Aliev get Zayak call for too many toe loop (2 quad toe and 2 triple toes) or for too many jumps repeated 3Lz << , 3lz+3t, 4t+3t, 4t ???
Jumps. Only can repeat two jumps with 3 or 4 rotations. The popped Lutz in the beginning got called a downgraded triple. He didn't realize it, I'm sure.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Yes. It came back to that first jump. I would have said 2Lz step out but they've gone with 3Lz<< and whump, there's your zayak.

Frau Muller

Everything is beautiful at the ballet!
Nathan’s gold expected. The dancing and crazy shirt were bonuses!!!

JASON!!! To heck with the quads. That program is exquisite!

One of these days we’ll see Aliev skate to his maximum potential. Glad that he held on for the bronze. Sorry that it couldn’t be split in half, as Messing’s skating quality is so fine.
:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

mtnskater

Very embarassing for all men skating really!! I guess brown would be considered sub ladies now in jumps?
Women are strong too! Why do you say it’s an embarrassment for men not to out jump the women?? What a misogynist viewpoint. Times are changing and women are bringing it in all sports.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
FREE TECH SUPPORT:

Don't use the NBCSports Gold App. It's been superceded. You use the regular NBCSports App.
Remove the Gold, put on the regular one and let me know if that doesn't help.
I watched last night on my tablet with the NBC sports gold app.

caseyedwards

Women are strong too! Why do you say it’s an embarrassment for men not to out jump the women?? What a misogynist viewpoint. Times are changing and women are bringing it in all sports.
The point is men and women are equally moving forward amazingly in quads but not brown!!! He is totally quadless and men’s and ladies are passing him equally!!!

caseyedwards

There is nothing judges want more and are more desperate for than to make brown world and olympic champion. All judges equally

Carolla5501

I wonder what I’m missing in Casey Edwards posts, but not enough to take her off ignore to find out. I’m sure it’s morevuseless garbage

jenny12

There is nothing judges want more and are more desperate for than to make brown world and olympic champion. All judges equally
If that were true, then they wouldn’t be giving Nathan Chen higher skating skills marks (the biggest travesty of the day 😜).

puglover

Man - it just distressed me to see M. Brezina so distressed. So much of his life invested in this sport for so many disappointing results. I really wanted him to do well here.

meer

I didn't see the movie, but shouldn't an Elton John program be more exuberant? I mean, the footwork is, but the rest is super serious. Beautifully skated, though.
Well, both of the songs were from really depressing parts of the movie, the lowest of the lows. And Rocketman and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road aren't exactly exuberant songs. I find his interpretation fits.

and I can't wait for Nathan to actually land the 4t-eu-3F. He got one rotation closer today.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
FREE TECH SUPPORT:

Don't use the NBCSports Gold App. It's been superceded. You use the regular NBCSports App.
Remove the Gold, put on the regular one and let me know if that doesn't help.
Thanks so much! After I installed the NBC Sports (not Gold) APP, I was able to see the skating. I watched two programs (Brown and Bychenko), then I had to stop because I was at the hair stylist and she was washing my hair, then cutting it, so I couldn't watch, but now I have the correct App, so I can watch future performances.

skateboy

I don't believe that's true at all. Without quads, Jason has pretty much no shot at ever making a world or Olympic podium. The only reason he ended up silver here is because the better athletes made too many mistakes.

caseyedwards

I don't believe that's true at all. Without quads, Jason has pretty much no shot at ever making a world or Olympic podium. The only reason he ended up silver here is because the better athletes made too many mistakes.
That’s what people say every time he medals at GP! But it always happens! He almost always medals. And he almost always medals because he never tries quads!

skateboy

That’s what people say every time he medals at GP! But it always happens! He almost always medals. And he almost always medals because he never tries quads!
Not really... Boyang, when he's on, is a big factor in the medals (I predicted he'd be silver here). Same with Keegan, Hanyu, Vincent, Shoma and others. Plus, GPs only feature 12 skaters each time (a fraction of international competitors) and at least half of those in each event are not medal contenders.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I want to see Boyang land quad jumps again. I appreciate his artistic development, but he is never going to win medals based on artistry alone. He skated really well in the 2018 Olympics, but it seems he has lost the jumps again.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Well, they've had several opportunities to do that already if they're so desperate to do it. Where do you come up with these bizarre ideas?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Just watched Jason again and everything else aside his flip is fcuking ridiculous. He doesn't even look like he's trying with it! So much air and length. Just check off those bullet points and +5 that thing. Wow.

kalle

Jason's program is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :swoon:
He is the men's version of Satoko...pure art for me.
It is frustrating we might never see a clean quad (and probably even more frustrating for himself..) BUT, the reason why I love figure skating more than any other sport is because it is not all about the jumps. When a skater make you feel almost every single note out of a program it is pure gold for me...Nathan is obviously a fantastic skater but I am not sure he will ever move me as much as a Jason type of skater. It is good with variety in a sport and I feel fortunate to enjoy them all.

Just a sidenote about Jason and the quad. Out of his triples, I always thought his flip was his best element so I wonder if he ever trained the quad flip?

Nathan must be one of the best competitors ever! Out of this world for me to understand how he manage to skate at this level while keeping up with his university studies! He comes across as somebody really down to earth and such a bless to see him trying different styles every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information