2019 SkAm Men FS - Now You See Men

mtnskater

Nathan is super human :encore:LOVE the program! Even “Out Ma’s” Jimmy Ma in the footwork section.:p So impressive...no words.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
JASON'S GETTING SILVER!

Nathan CHEN (USA)
Rocketman
in the psychadelic tour bus shirt

His hand is bandaged?
3Lz-3T
4F<
4T-1Eu-2F
CCoSp
3A
StSq oof those are some flat turns
oh, nice smile in the middle
4S
2T
3A-2T
CCSp
ChSq haha this is fun
omg he;s actually performing and alive!
FCCoSp

I mean...it's Nathan. It's a jump clinic except for that ChSq and they'll still give him 90+ PCS.

wickedwitch

Nobody should bitch about Trusova just jumping because face it, that's exactly what Nathan does. Which is fine as far as I'm concerned. There isn't much time for anything else when you're doing a hundred quads in your program.
I complained about Nathan. Does that mean I have permission to complain about Trusova?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I would typically agree and definitely this was the case last year with his LP, but I didn't see it this year. Not much preparation into the jumps, some interesting (not to mention difficult) transitions, and an ENGAGING program. It used to be just kinda skating through everything.
This. I mean are people watching a different program? He's doing so many more transitions in and out of the jumps. He's dancing through the program. It's so good.

grimey

Skating + photography = my heaven :)
Nathan Chen just keeps getting better and better. I really was diggin the Elton program!

mtnskater

My two favs go 1-2 on the podium. So happy. I wish I had decided to fly to Vegas for this. Congratulations to Aliev too! Super pumped!!!

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
299.09! wow! Have y'all ever noticed Bloomingdale's prices. I noticed it years ago. They're like 29.99 or 39.99 or 99.99. Yep, Nathan's right up there with Bloomingdales! :cheer2:

chewy

Artounian was losing his shit angry at the end of the program, I want to say something to do with the music and was yelling at USA team leader. Anyone know ?

slicekw

Will Tech Support for good food.
Very embarassing for all men skating really!! I guess brown would be considered sub ladies now in jumps?
Not certain WTH you were watching, but if there was no room for that kind of hella artistry in Figure Skating, it would be a Jump Competition. Perhaps you are watching the wrong sport for your taste and should go search elsewhere?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
This is actually a serious problem. We're now in so deep with this "do quads = get higher PCS" that when you have a genuinely beautiful high-PCS skater like Jason he's getting outscored by four whole points on PCS just because Nathan did a couple of quads. There is no universe in which Nathan is better on the PCS side than Jason and it certainly wasn't tonight.

But it also seems to put a cap on Jason's PCS, as if the judges aren't prepared to go higher than 91 because he doesn't have a quad. And that's a very big problem.

ks1227

That was a great job by Chen. And that program has a lot of potential for this season! (I even like the top. :shuffle: )

Tony Wheeler

I thought so too. They used their notes to make Aliev’s rotation calls. Seemed a little unfair, considering he was the only skater where they had to do this.
I would think there is a rule that says they have to give the skater the benefit of the doubt in these cases. Because if the angle they do have isn't good enough, they don't base their decision on anything else. But when they don't have any angle, they just guess?

BTW- Aliev's second 3T was invalid because his first Lutz was called 3Lz<< and he repeated that and the 4T. Difference between silver and bronze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information