2019 SkAm Ladiezz SP CLIFF NOTES - Slowgirls

Status
Not open for further replies.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Yi Christy LEUNG HKG
2 Amber GLENN USA
3 Veronik MALLET CAN
4 Karen CHEN USA
5 Mako YAMASHITA JPN
6 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS
8 Eunsoo LIM KOR
9 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN
10 Bradie TENNELL USA
11 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN
12 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS

Wedgie Data

genevieve

Staff member
PRlady: I’m going to petition to put Skate America in Greenland after we buy it. Perfect time zone for me.

Theatregirl1122: I do not understand the myth that Bradie Tennell has consistency. Why do we keep saying this? She makes mistakes all the time....American commentators have a questionable realtionship with facts, especially when it comes to American athletes. Bradie challenging for a medal this weekend considering where she is right now would be quite a surprise.

oleada: All this Shcherbakova hype just means she's going to splat on the 3Lz+3Lo in the short.

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Yi Christy LEUNG HKG
- Whatever Lola Wants
Theatregirl1122: I like Yi Christy Leung, but I don't think she's much of a Lola. Maybe Maddie Hubbell should switch to Damn Yankees...

Carolla5501: LEUNG thinks swing is required for ladies short too.

oleada: Leung
I HAAAATE Whatever Lola wants.
3Lz+3T<<
2A<
3F
The carrot stick is going to hit her hard :yikes: I prefer Florence and the Machine Leung to this.

Colonel Green: Shae-Lynn didn't really do Yi Christy any favours by putting two jumps in the second half of the program even though the bonus rule now applies to only one of them. Though ironically, it was the last jump in the program that was the best. Like the program, and she held it together despite some rough elements early on.

2 Amber GLENN USA - Scars/M. Bailey
mtnskater: Amber so needs a tights intervention :drama:
Karen-W: Amber Glenn is wearing millennial pink. Does she not know that color is sooooo last season?

Rukia: Amber's programs are kind of over earnest and angsty, but I'm willing to forgive a lot because she really is trying to put herself out there talking about her mental health struggles and speaking out about equality.

alchemy void: She’s attacking the hell out of this performance :respec:

oleada: This dress really does nothing for her.
Great speed
3F+3T<
2A big
3Lo
She clearly loves this program, good skate for her aside from the UR on the combo.
The US ladies GFBs really don't help me right now :yawn:

peibeck: OMG I'm teary for Amber. I live for her big jumps and heart-on-her sleeve choreography.

3 Veronik MALLET CAN - True Colors/Cyndi Lauper
umronnie: Mallet's true colors are violet and beige?
Rukia: I feel like I shouldn't like Veronik's dress, but I do. It's wrong in all the best ways.

oleada: Mallet
At least she picked the original True Colors
3F+2T
3T
2A
Clean but doesn't have the content of any other skater here.

Aerobicidal: I give Mallet massive credit for using Cyndi Lauper's vocals, because you know if an American lady skater used this song it would be a cover by someone who was eliminated in episode 3 of The Voice Moldova.
oleada: Please. It would obviously be the Glee cast version.

peibeck: Considering Mallet's practice yesterday, that was a triumph. Good for her.

4 Karen CHEN USA - You Say/Lauren Daigle
ilovepaydays: That’s some Level 5 bling on Karen’s costume.
Carolla5501: It really is a nice dress. I admit I am sitting here wondering hit much all that bling cost. But it really catches the lights.
Theatregirl1122: It costs what it costs! One must pay for beauty!

oleada: Glenn-Mallet-Chen's music choices mean that Mako's Muppet opera will be a rude awakening from my nap.

Theatregirl1122: I just realized I wasn't watching.

oleada: Ugh, this music. Someone shoot me already. US Nationals will be ****ing torture.
3Lz+2T, kind of wild landing on the lutz, 2fted, will be reviewed
2A
3Lo
nice spins and spirals

thvudragon: 3lutz on combo reviewed. Called rotated.
Combo spin reviewed. Kept original call, L4.

alchemy void: OMG Karen’s speed and basics and spins are breathtaking
But why the hell is she skating to this generic dreck? She is so dynamic and could be SO much more interesting and innovative.

peibeck: I like Karen's music, suck it haterz.

5 Mako YAMASHITA JPN - Una voce poco fa/Rossini
Colonel Green: Oh God, this again... :yikes:
skateboy: This pop version of "Una voce poco fa" makes me want to remove my own appendix with a knife and fork.

alchemy void: I’m turning my volume up, folks
Say a prayer for my neighbors

Nell411: I feel like at the end of this Yamashita is going to wish she could time travel to before this program happened and stop it from happening.

Rukia: I don't normally complain about illusion fabric but they legit didn't even try

Lanochka: Uff, truly nothing about this is working for me.

oleada: Yamashita
Whatever the announcer said, it was definitely not Yamashita
Of all the programs to keep :yikes:
3Lz step out
1A
This illusion fabric is wayyyy too yellow an doesn't match her skin at all.
3Lo turn out
spins look slow
Not sure what's happened to her since Skate Canada last year. That was rough. She looked heavy and slow over the ice :(

thvudragon: Yamashita
3lutz reviewed. called rotated.
2toe on combo called <
Combo spin reviewed. Original call kept.

6 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS - Perform: Story of a Murder
Rukia: This dress is so Russian I'm feeling it

oleada: NBC is having some misses on the music names.
I actually the this program for her; it's too bleak
2A, small, from a spiral
3F
3Lz+3Lo<, messy landing
Fast spin
Fall in the footwork :(
She listens to the music, but I don't get this choice for her. She's so light and effervescent in things like last years SP and her LP this year.
Not the debut she wanted, I'm sure.

Aerobicidal:
Four unnecessary leg lift transitions
Wildly UR combo
Fall in the steps
Looks miserable and unhealthy
Yeah, this is what I want the future of ladies skating to be

rfisher: :wall: a fall on the footwork. Seriously? She's a strange combination of Trusova and Kostornaia.

Theatregirl1122: I can't tell if that's when her program is supposed to end or not.

peibeck: Scherba-boring. And why there are 87 dog peeing on a fire hydrant moves is just as perplexing as the music. Compared to how she practiced, this was a grand disappointment.

Nell411: She looks so small and young. I want to wrap her in a blanket, give her a mug of hot chocolate and tell her it will all be ok.

allezfred: Shcherbakova will now be interviewed by Rusty AnnoyingAnnouncerPerson as punishment for her subpar skate.

genevieve

Staff member
Warm-Up Group 2

oleada: Liza looks HOT! I'd love for her to win this event.
mtnskater: Liza T. has the most textbook jump technique. Proves a lady doesn’t have to totally starve to jump well. Love watching her in warm up.

7 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS - Florence and the Machine
Karen-W: I liked the SP music and costume that La Tuk had earlier in the season. This current look does nothing for me.

oleada: La Tuk
She kept the Florence song
3A so easy
3T+3T< :wall:
3Lz
Looks a bit slow in the FW
Her jumps didn't look as strong as they did at her challenger events. She looks a bit tired actually. Will still lead.

allezfred: The triple Axel was spectacular, but everything else was so bland.

thvudragon: La Tukt!
3toe/3toe reviewed. Called rotated.
Change sit combo reviewed. Called level 4.
3 lutz called <.

peibeck: Tukh very slow, but at least she's actually utilizing more of the rink and has some transitions in this program.

floridaice: Tukt had more energy last weekend in Finland.

rfisher: I'm not sure that will beat Anna. Can't wait to see the tweet in response.

Colonel Green: That performance pretty much shows you all of Liza’s strengths and weaknesses perfectly. The jumps when they’re on are great, and she’s got attitude to burn, but so many points thrown away on spins and steps. She won’t put much daylight between herself and Anna there, unfortunately. EDIT: Indeed, narrowly behind.

Aerobicidal: Tuk's K&C bitchfaces this season have the potential to out-Tsareva Tsareva.

alchemy void: Holy shit they’re dumping her :eek: No way was Scherbakova better. :mitchell:

8 Eunsoo LIM KOR - Capriccio Espagnol?
rfisher: Eunsoo is not nearly as impressive this season as last. She's going to be passed by several of the upcoming Korean girls to say nothing of You if she stays consistent with her 3A

oleada: Confession: I hate this program. And all the antics from last year don't exactly make me like her either :shuffle:
3Lz, no combo
2A
3F+2T shaky
I hope PRLady went to bed. This event is not worth it so far.

meggonzo: Is this boring, or am I just tired?

Colonel Green: Everybody trying to be nice and not get ahead of Anna.

alchemy void: Eunsoo’s dress is stunning :glamor: Stunning basics after Tuk, but meh program.

peibeck: Eunsoo my favorite so far this evening, though botching the combo did her no favors.

9 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN - Bird Set Free
Amy L: Wakaba looks like she's wearing a dress that is being eaten by another dress.

Karen-W: Wakaba's seamstress forgot to attach one of the sleeves to her dress. But, Wakaba doesn't care because she's landing shit tonight.

oleada: This would be a great time for her to skate like she did two season ago:kickass:
2A
3Lz3T :eek: :eek: can't remember the last time I saw her land one!!!!
3F (not sure why she's doing this with her flip edge, but whatever)
Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!
I have no expectations for the LP but finally! It's been so long since she had a good skate! Give her all the points!

thvudragon: No jump reviews! Only reviewed the layback, but I was too busy clapping to see the call!

peibeck: Okay Higuchi got me out of my seat for only the second time so far this comp! :respec:

Theatregirl1122: If PCS were scored in a way that made sense, she'd be getting a LOT of points.....YEAH! Well deserved!

10 Bradie TENNELL USA - Mechanisms and Chronos/K. Richter
Theatregirl1122: Oh good, Bradie found yet another hideous dress. I don't even know how one can make a basic red dress with bling so bad, but this is a mess. Skirt is too short. Neckline is all wrong. It makes her look boxy. I forgot to mention the sparkly illusion turtle neck. The waist is also too high.

Rukia: I don't know what is happening in this program but I love it

Nell411: This is the most interested I've been in Bradie's skating since the Olympics.

oleada: This costume seems super dated. I legit don't get her taste.
3Lz+3T
2A
What's with all the hair stroking?
all these posing positions are really ugly
3F
Good skate, better than expected, should score well. Really not to my taste, though. I'll be :lynch: if this beats Wakaba.

Colonel Green: Awesome final spin/pose for Bradie.

Citlali: I don't know how Bradie program is going, the awful dress has completely distract me from the program :slinkaway

Rukia: That was so weird and so amazing I want to watch it again right now

Theatregirl1122: Bradie's dress looks like someone who can't sew and doesn't know anything about dresses tried to copy a designer dress and failed on a truly epic level. It's like it's not even really a dress. Like when you see a Disney princess at Disney World and compare it to the knock off costume you can get at the dollar store that isn't allowed to use the real name of the princess.

meggonzo: I kinda like Bradie's dress :shuffle:

peibeck: I kind of love modern dance on Bradie, and her positions are so very finished, especially in her spins. Very stunning live. Good for her.

Spun Silver: Bradie with the highest TES and a quirky power program to music we've never heard before (well, I've never heard before). Well done!

11 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN
Carolla5501: For those of you who hated Bradie’s costume we give you sparkly bondage - OMG. Lose the red gloves
Rukia: In motion Kaori's dress looks way better

Aerobicidal: After Bradie, Kaori's speed, skating skills, and jumps look even more outrageously good. And I liked Bradie tonight.

Rukia: These two programs back to back are the best thing to ever happen to ladies skating

oleada: I kind of like her dress? Is my uberdom showing?
3F+3T
2A
3Lo
So I'm going to really need this to go into first :shuffle:

wickedwitch: Kaori's getting screwed on GoE and I'm not sure why. She should be in 1st.
oleada: I really don't get why her TES is so far behind Bradie's.
meggonzo: Can someone explain to me why Sakamoto's skating skills aren't automatically at least a 9.0?

mtnskater: I liked Bradie and Wakaba better. Power music is better for Kaori than the softer pieces she has done, but the program kind of droned and didn’t leave as good an impression.

peibeck: Sakamoto magic. Eteri is gritting her teeth to powder backstage, I imagine.

oleada: Oh shit I forgot Konstantinova was still supposed to skate :lol:

12 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS - February
floridaice: I love her dress, but with the wedgie that she has I'm wondering how she can even skate

Carolla5501: And the “look I can fall with my hands over my head” act strikes again.

meggonzo: A fail on the Nancy Kerrigan combo

Colonel Green: :gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1
That’s our Stasia!

oleada: Konstantinova
2A, kind of shaky
2Lz+3T<< fall
3F<< fall
Yikes, what a disaster

wickedwitch: Just as everybody predicted, no Russians in the top 3 after the SP. Even the judges at Russian Nationals wouldn't be able to hold this performance up.

peibeck: The guy next to me got up and walked out during Konstaninova. I can't exactly blame him.

meggonzo: Bradie got all level 4s, Kaori got a level 3, and Wakaba got a level 2 and 3. For whatever reason, judge 3 didn't want to go above an 8 in PCS?? 7.25 for Kaori's SS is criminal.

genevieve

Staff member
1​
Bradie TENNELLUSA
75.10​
41.33​
33.77​
8.43​
8.21​
8.57​
8.50​
8.50​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Kaori SAKAMOTOJPN
73.25​
38.97​
34.28​
8.64​
8.39​
8.64​
8.57​
8.61​
0.00​
#11​
3​
Wakaba HIGUCHIJPN
71.76​
38.67​
33.09​
8.21​
8.00​
8.54​
8.32​
8.29​
0.00​
#9​
4​
Anna SHCHERBAKOVARUS
67.60​
36.91​
31.69​
7.79​
8.04​
7.82​
8.07​
7.89​
1.00​
#6​
5​
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVARUS
67.28​
36.42​
30.86​
7.71​
7.57​
7.82​
7.71​
7.75​
0.00​
#7​
6​
Karen CHENUSA
66.03​
34.97​
31.06​
7.82​
7.50​
7.79​
7.82​
7.89​
0.00​
#4​
7​
Amber GLENNUSA
64.71​
34.80​
29.91​
7.29​
7.29​
7.64​
7.54​
7.64​
0.00​
#2​
8​
Eunsoo LIMKOR
63.96​
31.99​
31.97​
8.07​
7.75​
7.93​
8.14​
8.07​
0.00​
#8​
9​
Veronik MALLETCAN
56.69​
29.86​
26.83​
6.71​
6.54​
6.86​
6.71​
6.71​
0.00​
#3​
10​
Yi Christy LEUNGHKG
54.25​
28.28​
25.97​
6.46​
6.21​
6.46​
6.61​
6.71​
0.00​
#1​
11​
Stanislava KONSTANTINOVARUS
48.27​
22.30​
27.97​
7.21​
6.93​
6.79​
7.11​
6.93​
2.00​
#12​
12​
Mako YAMASHITAJPN
46.21​
20.01​
26.20​
6.82​
6.64​
6.25​
6.68​
6.36​
0.00​
#5​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information