2019 SkAm FD - Not Far From The Shallow (Edges) Now

oleada

Back in college, my friends and I came up with a dance called the Downfall of Nsync which started with the good stuff and then progressed to Pop and ended with early JT stuff and All Day Long I Dream About Sex. I wish I could remember all the songs but I can't because I clearly drank too much in college.

So needless to say, I enjoyed that.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
That was neatly done, judges. You must have had to work hard to figure out the numbers needed to keep everyone in the same place as the RD.

alj5

I liked that from Stepanova & Bukin. And I liked how in transitioned into the JT song.
It seems really well rehearsed. I’m not sure how much better they can skate this, so I’m thinking we will see changes by Euros.

topaz

Honestly, that score for S/ B is crap. Stop judging this team on Bukins skill. They are not an evenly matched team. The one foot step sequence was weak.

Nell411

Between the click of the light
I think the Danadians should have scored higher than they did personally. I'm :confused: over Stepanova and Bukins score.

Karen-W

This is payback for Gribbles beating Tarasova/Morozov. Putin said Nyet and Trump said ok. Again.

You got a better theory?
LOL. See, I thought we paid Putin back for that by pulling out of Syria. ;-)

Honestly, I like S/B and I liked this program better than H/D, but I also don't care for H/D generally, so I'm okay with H/D losing the FD here. Plus, annoying voiceovers should be penalized.

Nell411

Between the click of the light
I'm not sure who the interviewer is, sorry. But his comment about never not seeing an American team on the top of the SA podium is interesting when you consider the top, or one of the top, US Ice Dance teams always gets SA. What else would you expect to happen?

Aerobicidal

Inspired by Selections
I'm clearly in total agreement with FSU because I agree with Stepanova/Bukin winning the FD, I would have fine with them winning it by more, and I thought FB/Sorensen were totally overscored.

Dobre

Honestly, it was cleaner looking. The panel is composed of an American, Higashino from Japan, and Hurth from France. We'll see what the protocols say, but this was in no way an easy place to compete for Stepanova & Bukin.

Last edited:

Karen-W

I'm not sure who the interviewer is, sorry. But his comment about never not seeing an American team on the top of the SA podium is interesting when you consider the top, or one of the top, US Ice Dance teams always gets SA. What else would you expect to happen?
Well, if he's been covering Skate America for 20 years like Terrence Gannon has, then he can remember back when it was pretty amazing for a US team to even medal at Skate America let alone win.

mollymgr

Honestly, it was cleaner looking. The panel is composed of an American, Higashino from Japan, and Hurth (from Germany if I remember?) We'll see what the protocals say, but this was in no way an easy place to compete for Stepanova & Bukin.
I think Christine Hurth is from France.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information