2019 Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships & International, July 31-August 2

euterpe

Thank you, I was having trouble seeing those tiny numbers. Aargh, S/F still aren't breaking 70 in the RD! This is so frustrating! :wall: They did it once last season, so I know they can do it, but they just aren't doing it.

The one time they did it last year was at the Quebec summer event, not at a ISU competition. They are competing at Quebec again next week, so they'll probably get in the 70s again there.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The one time they did it last year was at the Quebec summer event, not at a ISU competition. They are competing at Quebec again next week, so they'll probably get in the 70s again there.

I was thinking of Finlandia. They did it there too.

Turbo-Mom

What a bust—I signed up today just to watch the Senior events. I’ve requested a refund.
Good luck with refund. Let us know if you were successful talking to a human. So sad the path this sport is talking in the good ole US of A.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If someone has an all event livestream pass can you let us know if the stream is working this morning before I purchase another day pass for nothing? They haven't replied to my email from last night.

beebee

Good luck with refund. Let us know if you were successful talking to a human. So sad the path this sport is talking in the good ole US of A.
I never heard a word from Snapshot. I'm going to dispute the charge when it posts to my credit card account. Unfortunately, I imagine Snapshot will still get the money. My bank will likely issue a courtesy credit because it's such a small amount.

beebee

I just spoke to someone in the Figure Skating Office at Lake Placid. She wasn't aware of the livestream issue and said she would contact Snapshot. I mentioned to her that Snapshot should allow users who paid for yesterday to log in today without paying again. She agreed and said she'd mention it. I know this doesn't help those who paid for all three days. I'm not sure any of this will help at all, but it can't hurt. I'm skeptical of paying for today's stream.

Turbo-Mom

Thank you Sarah Rasher. spot on critique you did wonderful for all the skaters and their families

One step at a time
This was our first competition
Hoping to get qualifying technical tonight

Thanks again Sarah

euterpe

I was thinking of Finlandia. They did it there too.

Finlandia '18 was an unusually high-scoring event--Stepanova/Bukin got the highest score of their fall events, including the GP; Smart/Diaz and Soucisse/Firus got their highest score for the entire season.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I'm watching while I'm working so only paying attention when a team really grabs me, and the Canadian team of Makita/Gunara totally stole my attention. Their music was bluesy and I usually don't care for that genre, but they commanded the ice very well and didn't overdo the feel of the music.

platniumangel

I really liked the Browns and Bashynska/Beaumont. Completely different styles though! I felt the top 6 or so teams were very very good!

cgirl8

Junior International Final Results
1. Bashynska/Beaumont CAN 84.55 FD, 140.33
2. Bronsard/Bouaraguia CAN 80.75 FD, 135.45
3. Cesanek/Yehorov USA 80.70 FD, 134.56
4. Brown/Brown USA 79.30 FD, 132.96
5. Galiyanova/Lochhead CAN 78.13 FD, 131.96
6. Makita/Gunara CAN 78.38 FD, 130.06
7. Bratti/Couyras FRA 73.81 FD, 121.29
8. Ling/Wein USA 72.28 FD, 119.45
9. Kam/Carter CAN 71.41 FD, 114.45
10. Tkachenko/Kiliakov USA 56.69 FD, 112.67
11. Katrayan/Derochie CAN 64.35 FD, 101.42
WD. Loughlin/Petrenko AZE

ETA:

Junior Championship Final Results
1. DelCamp/Somerville - 92.10 FD, 148.54
2. Wolfkostin/Chen - 91.48 FD, 145.41
3. Ales/Tsarik - 85.10 FD, 136.93
4. Nosovitskaya/Nosovitskiy ISR - 79.74 FD, 129.18
5. Buckley/Spiridonov - 74.34 FD, 119.13
6. Lin/Sletten - 68.42 FD, 113.56
7. Pouliot/Slevira - 67.93 FD, 110.65
8. Takanami/Ikeda JPN - 66.50 FD, 110.50
9. Hauer/Bennett - 62.92 FD, 98.21
10. Pride/Lawless - 56.91 FD, 96.38
11. Litvinova/Colucci - 64.23 *FD only

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Per Sarah Rasher on Twitter, the senior results:

Smart/Diaz, 184.62
Carreira/Ponomarenko, 177.72
McNamara/Carpenter, 175.75
Soucisse/Firus, 169.82
Green/Parsons, 168.25
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs, 150.37
Min/Eaton, 148.59
Chen/Sun, 138.85
Dozzi/Valdez, 129.49
Hirayama/Ishibashi, 120.47
Shilling/Petrov, 119.86
Hertenstein/Binkowski, 113.41
Ichilov/Abecassis, 112.42
Weatherby/Yerzhanov, 107.03

J

Jeschke

McNamara/Carpenter FD

Green/Parsons FD

Soucisse/Firus FD

Smart/Diaz FD

Carreira/Ponomarenko FD

Lanaghan/Razgulajevs FD

Min/Eaton FD

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Smart/Diaz RD

Min/Eaton RD

Carreira/Ponomarenko RD

Sylvia

TBD
Sarah Rasher has uploaded a playlist of 14 Senior and Junior Rhythm Dance videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZKxHbhdPFF6RSxYlIEKE_Ol4UPKWNSwg

"Those are the RDs I have! Tons of FDs in my queue, up tonight or tomorrow but I have to work today :( Video quality on the stream was not great, and stream barely worked for the last 2 groups of seniors so no videos of those."

dancefan17

Thanks for all the videos! Grateful to see all the new programs and partnerships! Love M/C FD, love the intensity of C/P, G/P nicely matched! Daniel Eaton is in fabulous condition and very hopeful to see the partnership blossom. S/D RD loads of runs to watch; bummer the FD was blocked.

winston

Per Sarah Rasher on Twitter, the senior results:

Smart/Diaz, 184.62
Carreira/Ponomarenko, 177.72
McNamara/Carpenter, 175.75
Soucisse/Firus, 169.82
Green/Parsons, 168.25
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs, 150.37
Min/Eaton, 148.59
Chen/Sun, 138.85
Dozzi/Valdez, 129.49
Hirayama/Ishibashi, 120.47
Shilling/Petrov, 119.86
Hertenstein/Binkowski, 113.41
Ichilov/Abecassis, 112.42
Weatherby/Yerzhanov, 107.03
Was there a domestic/non-international event, too? Like the Juniors?

Wyliefan

Still catching up with videos. I like the Browns' RD -- it does a good job of hitting the musical highlights and has nice detail.

euterpe

Just a word of warning about the SNAPSHOT enrollment process---my enrollment credit card and email information was highjacked by an outfit in the Czech republic and charges were put on my credit card. Fortunately, the credit card company thought that was suspicious and put a hold on my card. My card was denied twice today, and when I called the credit card company to find out why---I found out about the bogus charges (which the company took off my account).

SNAPSHOT doesn't run a secure system and they make LOUSY videos as well.

platniumangel

Yes but only teams competed.
1. Livvy Shilling / Alexander Petrov 70.52 FD, 119.86
2. Shira Ichilov / Laurent Abecassis ISR 66.63 FD, 112.42
I really liked Shira Ichilov when she was competing on the JGP circuit with her former partner. Anyone know who her and Laurent train with now?

Dobre

Including McNamara & Carpenter's FD with sound for both songs:
https://www.veoh.com/watch/v141950162Kw6wHNXB

Plus lots of Junior FDs.

:love:Thank you to everyone who has posted video links! (I missed the whole final day of the competition due to my conference. Finished my last mandatory appointment right after the event was over). Sigh. But really it seems like one of the best skated senior events at LPI in the past 4 years. Programs in the potential stage, but a lot of teams ready to skate two programs without wiping out in one of them. (And I, for one, do appreciate the stream. Without it, we would have none of these videos; and I really enjoyed watching two full days worth of all the younger athletes in the competition. The Advanced Novice event, especially, I thought, was a lot of fun; and I really enjoyed the Junior International RDs as well.

dancefan17

Do we have teams that met the new TES requirements in Junior/Senior from the international competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information