2019 Chesapeake Open (incl. DANCE + camp), June 19-22 in Laurel, MD

Sylvia

TBD
Baltimore FSC is the host club: https://baltimorefigureskatingclub.com/?page_id=44

This is a National Qualifying Series (NQS) event for ice dance and USFS will hold their annual Dance Camp here again, June 21-23.

Click on "View online schedule" link for the schedules in both rinks (Patrick is the main rink for the NQS dance & higher level singles events): http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=293

I've compiled the registered skaters/teams listed to date on Entryeeze with 2019 U.S. Nationals placements included and new teams noted below.

SENIOR
Reynolds, Elicia Ice Line FSC / Reynolds, Stephen Ice Line FSC [S9]
Melton, Bailey Broadmoor SC / O'Donnell, Ryan SC of Houston [S12]
Bain, Ashley Freedom FSC / Altukhov, Oleg The North County FSC [re-teamed; S13 in 2018]
Udell, Samantha Broadmoor SC / Udell, Garrett All Year FSC [J13]
Monaghan, Emily / Fourati, Ilias Hungary
Feng, Yuhan China (she previously skated with Mingyang JIAO; S6 in 2017) / Yukhimuk, Ilya (he previously competed as a junior for BLR & also in U.S. in 2016) *new*
Song, Linshu China (she previously skated with Zhuoming SUN: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101814.htm ) / Prachanov, Alexander (he previously competed as a junior for RUS - same guy, I assume: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00015096.htm ) *new*

JUNIOR
Brown, Oona The Skating Club of New York / Brown, Gage The Skating Club of New York [J4]
Ales, Ella Los Angeles FSC / Tsarik, Daniel SC of Novi [J7]
Pride, Cordelia All Year FSC / Lawless, Benjamin Philadelphia SC & Humane Society [N8]
Taylor, Breelie Atlanta FSC / Vollmer, Tyler Los Angeles FSC [N10]
Lassiter, Hope Noelle Lone Star FSC / Anderson, Luke St. Peters FSA [Int8]
Wolfkostin, Katarina Peninsula SC [J9] / Chen, Jeffrey Peninsula SC (new)
Litvinova, Sofiya Individual Member of USFS / Colucci, Cameron Peninsula SC (new)
Lavrova, Anya Arctic FSC / Gart, Maxwell All Year FSC [J9] (new)
Young, Gloria University of Delaware FSC / Bennett, Christian FSC of Charlotte (new)
Loughlin, Alexandria Jersey Coast FSC / Petrenko, Daniil Azerbaijan (new; assume he is Vladimir's son who previously competed singles)

NOVICE
Peal, Elliana Skokie Valley SC / Peal, Ethan Skokie Valley SC [N4]
Cain, Claire Washington FSC / Davydov, Andrei Washington FSC [N5]
Schaub, Kelsey IceWorks SC / Haddad, Anthony All Year FSC [N7]
Brown, Maria Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights / Driscoll, Marius Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights [N9]
Efimova, Nastia Triangle FSC / Zhao, Jonathan Triangle FSC [Int1]
Sensenbrenner, Zoe Peninsula SC / Sperry, Matthew SC of Northern Virginia [Int3]
Landis, Avery IceWorks SC / Eckert, Kenny IceWorks SC [Int5]
L'Esperance, Emma The Skating Club of Boston / Amdour, Mika The Skating Club of Boston [Int6]
Malcolm, Romy All Year FSC / Ortonward, Davis Broadmoor SC [Int7]
Pham, Vanessa SC of Houston/ Rogers, Jonathan Texas Gulf Coast FSC [Juv3]
Shadid, Juliette All Year FSC / Shadid, Lucas All Year FSC [CAN N12; Int9 at 2016 U.S. Nationals]
Alexis, Isabella Ann Arbor FSC / Alday, Ethan All Year FSC [Int11 in 2018]
Lloyd, Miranda The Skating Club of Boston / Carey, TJ The Skating Club of Boston (new)
Lewis, Anna Washington FSC / Urano, Seiji Washington FSC (new)

INTERMEDIATE
Bland, Kristina Detroit SC / Francis, Gabriel Detroit SC [Int10]
Ilin, Olivia Washington FSC / Cain, Dylan Washington FSC [Juv2]
Stapert, Annelise Washington FSC / Korotcov, Maxim Washington FSC [Juv5]
O'Brien, Anna Sophia North Jersey FSC / Wei, Steven All Year FSC [Juv6]
Monti, Xenia Washington FSC / Monti, Gaetano Washington FSC [Juv7]
Mullen, Caroline Washington FSC / Mullen, Brendan Washington FSC [Juv8]
Epps, Julia IceWorks SC / Gilman, Blake Peninsula SC [Juv9]
Iaccio, Jaden Pittsburgh FSC / Dilliplane, Ben Pittsburgh FSC
Williams, Carolyn Pittsburgh FSC / Williams, Victor Pittsburgh FSC
Guberman, Mila The Skating Club of New York / Soto, Joshua Individual Member of USFS (new)
Johnson, Audrey-Kate Atlanta FSC / Appel, Lucas Panthers FSC (new)
Steen, Charley University of Delaware FSC / Moore, Reese University of Delaware FSC (new)

Senior Ladies SP/FS include:
Sarah Jung Columbia FSC [J4] - now coached by Pam Gregory
Emily Zhang Richmond FSC [J6]

Junior Men SP/FS include:
Nicholas Hsieh [E-J5]
David Shapiro [J7]

-----

Side note: I plan to start a general thread in the Kiss & Cry section for ALL 2019 U.S. club competitions that will include info about the National Qualifying Series (NQS) in the near future.

Last edited:

Dobre

So not a single one of the four novice teams we expect(ed) to see move up to juniors this season is on this list. Shall I wait until Lake Placid or just commence worrying now?

platniumangel

I am surprised that no Wheaton teams (Jr/Sr) are competing at Chesapeake. Is this a first? Most teams have partner swapped ... so maybe that’s why.

Also, no Avonley Nguyen & Vadim Kolesnik.

I’m glad to see so many junior teams even without Wheaton there!

Also, I do not believe this Daniil Petrenko is the nephew of Victor Petrenko. I believe they’re unrelated.

SherryL

I've compiled the registered skaters/teams listed to date on Entryeeze with 2019 U.S. Nationals placements included and new teams noted below.

I just checked Entryeeze for Chesapeake... it appears a team was recently added at the Junior level and another team at the Novice level.

JUNIOR
Nguyen, Avonley Washington FSC / Kolesnik, Vadym SC of Novi

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I just checked Entryeeze for Chesapeake... it appears a team was recently added at the Junior level and another team at the Novice level.
The Novice team (now 15 teams total listed) is a new partnership at Wheaton (WISA):
Dietrich, Olivia Washington FSC / Pylypenko, Eduard Atlanta FSC

Another new team is entered in Junior Dance:
Bottesch, Morgan Champions' Edge SC / Sokol, Harrison Desert Ice SC Of Arizona

Last edited:

Debbie S

The Udells and one of the Chinese teams [ETA: Song/Prachanov] (Senior Dance) and Litvinova/Colucci (Junior Dance) have withdrawn. And I'm sure there have been/will be other withdrawals in other events, these are just the ones I know about.

Those coming from out of town will get the full Baltimore/DC summer experience - forecast for next week is mid-high 80s, high humidity and thunderstorms every afternoon. Welcome, everyone! :lol:

Last edited:

Debbie S

Lassiter/Anderson (Junior Dance) have withdrawn from the comp. I believe they are still registered for the camp. It's pretty common for skaters to w/d from club comps, esp in early summer.

Debbie S

Lassiter/Anderson (Junior Dance) have withdrawn from the comp. I believe they are still registered for the camp. It's pretty common for skaters to w/d from club comps, esp in early summer.
OK, well, Lassiter is now listed on IPS, so I guess they won't be at the camp.

Sylvia

TBD
Christian is back on IPS.
Bennett performed with a new partner, Jenna Hauer, in a show on June 15th in Leesburg, VA: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...shows-2019-edition.105447/page-2#post-5597982

IDC articles on 3 teams scheduled to compete here:
Oona & Gage Brown: https://www.ice-dance.com/site/siblings-in-skating-oona-brown-gage-brown/
The new junior team of Loughlin/Petrenko (he was born in Ukraine and previously skated with Anna Tishakova) who will represent Azerbaijan this season: https://www.ice-dance.com/site/getting-to-know-alexandria-loughlin-daniil-petrenko/
The new Intermediate team of Steen/Moore: https://www.ice-dance.com/site/getting-to-know-charley-steen-reese-moore/

Debbie S

I was at the rink helping with setup tonight and talked to the accountants, really to make sure the chief accountant had my email to send me the results for posting. I learned that I won't receive results from the NQS events (i.e. Juv through Senior partnered dance). The problem is that some entrants are not in the NQS (those that rep another country) and so when the accountants send the official results to USFS, they need to remove those not participating in NQS. So the results can't be posted publicly b/c they would be incomplete and they can't send them to me in their pre-scrubbed condition (I asked). So results from Juv through Senior Dance will not be posted, unless ice-dance(dot)com obtains pics of the results sheets posted on the wall and in turn posts them on their FB, which they usually do.

So heads-up, if you want to see any (partnered) dance results, follow IDC on FB.

I suspect this will be an issue with many comps in NQS, if there is any skater from outside the U.S. or anyone not participating in NQS for any reason.

(Only Junior and Senior Dance have skaters from outside the U.S., so if I remember when I am there later in the week, I may ask about getting the Juv-Novice results, but I suspect the NQS events are processed/saved together and it's probably difficult to send some but not all of the files.)

platniumangel

Results aren’t in yet but I was very impressed with:

Wolfkonson & Chen
Brown & Brown
Lavrova & Gart

Several teams withdrew but I think 9 ended up competing - I didn’t recognize music though! Sorry! I know the AZE team skated to beauty and the beast

Lara111

Results aren’t in yet but I was very impressed with:

Wolfkonson & Chen
Brown & Brown
Lavrova & Gart

Several teams withdrew but I think 9 ended up competing - I didn’t recognize music though! Sorry! I know the AZE team skated to beauty and the beast
I did not like much Wolfkonson & Chen and Brown & Brown. I think Lavrova & Gart did well for their skills level.

platniumangel

I did not like much Wolfkonson & Chen and Brown & Brown. I think Lavrova & Gart did well for their skills level.

Gartt & Lavrova apparently brand new. Nice start. Mistake on twizzles I think hurt their score.

Ales & Tsarek skated to Carbaret I believe. I was a little disappointed with their skate, I feel like they had more fire to their performances last year. I think they ended up in third, but I was thinking they would be fourth. Still early in the season.

Lara111

Gartt & Lavrova apparently brand new. Nice start. Mistake on twizzles I think hurt their score.

Ales & Tsarek skated to Carbaret I believe. I was a little disappointed with their skate, I feel like they had more fire to their performances last year. I think they ended up in third, but I was thinking they would be fourth. Still early in the season.
Who is #1 and 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information