2018 Worlds GALA EXHIBITION

Thread starter #1

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Sunday 14:30-17:00 (Milan is now 6 hours head of Eastern time, having just "sprung forward" one hour overnight)

List of medalists and invited skaters in skate order: https://twitter.com/dailynathanchen/status/977620041393848321
Opening
Rizzo
Yu/Zhang
Tennell
Weaver/Poje
Kolyada
Higuchi
Hawayek/Baker
Tarasova/Morozov
Vasiljevs
Hubbell/Donohue
Zagitova
Marchei/Hotarek
INTERMISSION
Guignard/Fabbri
Ge
Della Monica/Guarise
Stepanova/Bukin
Messing
Miyahara
Cappellini/Lanotte
Uno
James/Cipres
Kostner
Chen
Papadakis/Cizeron
Osmond
Savchenko/Massot
FINALE

ETA a starting point for live stream links (for those looking): http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/post/171975491225/2018-world-championships-info-streaming

If anyone comes across any working links, please post. :)

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
My on screen listings now showing this starting at 4:30pm Eastern on Oly Channel...no longer live (as originally planned) but a full 2.5 Hours, so they may be showing most of it...with plenty of Nathan Fluff/replays of SP and LP in between gala skaters, no doubt. (Ha ha!)

So good to see that the lineup includes some super performers who finished outside the top 4, beside the Italians: Bradie Tennell! Hawayek/Baker! Stepanova/Bukin! Misha Ge! Yu/Zhang! Vasiljevs! Zagitova! But...no Bychenko?

Last edited:

honey

Ratings
They need to quit it with the one camera that is shaking all over the place. What is this adding to the broadcast?!

(otherwise an entertaining gala thus far :p)

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
Interesting dress from Carolina. A sheer black chiffon with some sequins over bejeweled and dedazzled gold panties. ;)

Last edited:
Thread starter #13

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
I don't know what Chen skated to but it was in an unexpected (to me) southern blues rock style.
"No Good" by Kaleo (an Icelandic blues/rock band, according to wiki). ETA: http://www.officialkaleo.com/about

Just checked - I think he debuted this number at the Skating Spectacular gala at 2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA.

Last edited:

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
And now the closing number complete with a smoke machine and white blobs and someone parachuting in in a giant white mushroom that is descending to the ice. This must have cost a fortune.

Twilight1

Ratings
I floved that exhibition number for S&M. I hated the camera angles.

Is that number anywhere else? I would love to have a copy of it but not from Worlds.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
And they've got the fire on ice theme going with the Roman candles. This was the most professionally produced closing number I've ever seen. It's almost Olympic caliber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)