2018 US Ladies Olympic Team Poll- Oct 2017 version

Who will make the Olympic team?

• Total voters

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Rather difficult (but fun) to predict. I don't think either Gracie or Polina will be a threat (I actually don't think Gracie will skate, and I don't think Polina will skate well).
I would love for Caroline Zhang to go....just cause it would warm my heart. To come back at all after her surgery is amazing.
I did not like either of Mariah Bell's programs for her, but she is fast, and skates well.
No clue which Ashley Wagner is going to show up (I hope not the one from last year) but she has already made a case for herself. And Karen Chen will (hopefully) be solid.

We need some Russians over here!

skatepixie

Karen Chen is just about the only one who (pretty much) has her ticket stamped. ETA: Ashley too -- forgot about her for a moment. *face palm*

USFS has been pushing Mirai, and really hyping her up, but her inconsistency is concerning. If she places in the top 3 at Nats, it's fairly likely they will send her, but a ratified, non-UR 3a internationally would help.

Bell has a shot, if she delivers.

Zhang seems like a wild card and for me she is a sentimental fav, but she would have to REALLY deliver.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! šŸ˜
Thus far this season, Bradie and Mariah have already outscored Mirai for that potential third spot.....

Hope Mirai gets those jumps ratified if the PCS isn't going to be worked on. That I think then would get her on the team.

clairecloutier

I think it's impossible to predict right now. I thought Mirai had momentum until this weekend, but now, who knows? We haven't yet seen Ashley in international competition. We haven't yet seen Karen's new LP. Anything could happen at this point.

DreamSkates

I voted for the 3 with the most international experience and best results as of today. But that could well change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information