2018 U.S. Club Competitions & Scoretracker updates

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
^^^This! Most clubs buy the “minimum necessary” technology to support their members. It’s a rare club that has extra cash lying around to buy a robust internet service that would be used only once or twice a year.

Z

ZilphaK

Any word yet on entries for Liberty aka Philadelphia Summer Championships?

(Also, I don't think I'll be able to go this year. Son has a hockey tournament that same weekend. Drat.)

Sylvia

TBD
Any word yet on entries for Liberty aka Philadelphia Summer Championships?
Not yet, but a tentative competition schedule has been published (Wednesday, August 1-Sunday, August 5): http://iceworkssc.org/liberty/2018schedules/2018PSCTENTATIVESchedule.pdf

Los Angeles Open was this past weekend and the notable high scores I heard about were:
Starr Andrews (69.09 SP, 106.38 FS, 175.47) and Akari Nakahara (59.29 SP, 99.48 FS, 158.77) went 1-2 in Senior; Emma Coppess won Junior (61.51 SP, 104.60 FS, 166.11).

No details except I gilmpsed Starr's IG story clip of a 3F+3T combo landed in her SP.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
My sister went to the Senior Ladies and Men's SPs at the Cannon Open in Dallas tonight. Only man was Patrick Rupp (rough skate to Sherlock Holmes). Two of the four ladies were no shows - Amber Glenn and Emily Chan. Brooklee Han and Ashley Lin both landed all their jumps. My sister said Ashley Lin looked really good. She skated to Je Suis Malade. I'll be back tomorrow with a report from the Jr FD. :)

shan

My sister went to the Senior Ladies and Men's SPs at the Cannon Open in Dallas tonight. Only man was Patrick Rupp (rough skate to Sherlock Holmes). Two of the four ladies were no shows - Amber Glenn and Emily Chan. Brooklee Han and Ashley Lin both landed all their jumps. My sister said Ashley Lin looked really good. She skated to Je Suis Malade. I'll be back tomorrow with a report from the Jr FD. :)

I appreciate your sister's reports! :) Thanks TaBFan!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Cannon Open Junior FD notes from my sister:

Nguyen/Kolesnik won and had awesome presentation to "Demons" cover with instrumental piece at the end
Efimova/Petrov were also impressive with "Who Wants to Live Forever" (I think they were third)
DelCamp/Gart were second I believe. Also skated well to Italian medley
Wolfkostin/Zhao were fourth. Skated to Dr. Zhivago
Rose/Michel skated to the Birdie song "Not About Angels." Messed up the twizzles.
Cesanek/Yehorov skated to a flamenco medley
Bratti/Usanov skated to Don Quixote
Purnells had some bobbles and skated to possibly Gypsy Kings
Melton/O'Donnell skated to cover of "California Dreaming."

Vadym Kolesnik posted their protocols on Instagram and they scored 93 in the FD. At first I was like "Whoa!" and then I remembered the new +5 GOE lol.

euterpe

Unfortunately, I don't have Facebook, and resolutely REFUSE to have an account on Facebook. Some people I know have had their identities ripped off via their FB accounts.

I would give someone a million thanks in advance if they could post the schedule here.

Sylvia

TBD
I would give someone a million thanks in advance if they could post the schedule here.
I've started a Lake Placid Dance competition thread (schedule is linked there, not only on FB): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...hampionships-international-july-24-27.104183/
(Aside: You can look at IDC's results & other competition related photos linked on their FB without having a FB account or logging in.)

I will start a competition thread soon for Glacier Falls Summer Classic (July 26-29).

2018 Skate Detroit thread (hoping official results/protocols will be published by the club this week): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2018-skate-detroit-july-17-21.104163/

Last edited:
Z

ZilphaK

Last edited by a moderator:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Thanks for the groups link- here are the roster highlights I found...

Junior Ladies - Sarah Jung, Violeta Ushakova, Jessica Lin
Junior Men - Lucas Altieri, Nathan Chapple, Joseph Kang, Peter Liu, David Shapiro
Senior Men- Tony Lu, Emmanuel Savary
Senior Ladies- Paige Rydberg

Intl competitors not up yet :eek:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’m thinking of driving up for Saturday at the Philly comp depending on who’s skating. Despite having to go back to Philly the following Thursday for five days for work. I’m skating-deprived. :(

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Any information on who will be competing at Philly Summer Champs?

Here are the entries I know about, as confirmed by someone in the LOC (in addition to any mentioned above): Yamato Rowe, Yaroslav Paniot, Tim Dolensky, Karen Chen, Isadora Williams, Amber Glenn, Sofia del Rio, Jimmy Ma.

Yes, I know Gracie skates at IceWorks, but I don't know if she is registered.

darkblue

Here are the entries I know about, as confirmed by someone in the LOC (in addition to any mentioned above): Yamato Rowe, Yaroslav Paniot, Tim Dolensky, Karen Chen, Isadora Williams, Amber Glenn, Sofia del Rio, Jimmy Ma.

Yes, I know Gracie skates at IceWorks, but I don't know if she is registered.
Thanks ! I saw Karen last year and she was incredible.

A friend of mine coaching at Philly Summer Champs today said that Gracie was there training. She took some pictures with skaters and handed out some medals at some events. No one can/will confirm she will compete.

Sylvia

TBD
Do you know by chance which competition Haley Scott will participate in? i could not find the info.
Haley recently competed in the North American Series (for invited USA & CAN Novice skaters) at Skate Milwaukee: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...r-usa-can-novice-skaters.103956/#post-5388395

I saw Haley compete in Philly last year (she skated very well in Intermediate and impressed me a lot) but she reportedly had some injury issues during the latter half of her season. All I know at the moment is that she's not registered to compete in Philly this week (ETA that her younger sister, Jordan, competes at the Juvenile level).

Link to the Philadelphia Summer Championships and (Senior singles) International competition thread I've started: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-sr-international-august-1-5-aston-pa.104215/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Bonita

I really enjoyed the Cranberry Open report. I'm glad Heidi is still competing and doing well. I quit SCOB last year due to overcrowding issues on the ice, but I miss seeing the awesome skaters.

jlai

Question everything
I made a quick stop at Skate Houston today. Alan Wong did pretty well in Jr men, solid 3 flip, good 3 lutz, 2 loop, stepout in 2A. Will need to work on that 2A and a 3/3 but the program looked good.
Vivien Le skated to something I didn't recognize. Fell on 3t/3t, did 3 lutz and 2A.
On a different note, this is the first time I saw a senior pairs in a club competition (at least in recent years). (
Esposito, Jade Colonial FSC / Newby-Estrella, Rique Dallas FSC). The throws and twists were not there yet, but they had a nice lift in the end.

Eta Nicole Chong did a clean short in novice with a nice 3 lutz(not sure what jump she did on the far side but from the cheer I assume clean)

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
In novice ladies Anna lee won the free with a nicetriple sal. Chong made some jump mistakes and placed second. Nice program though.

In sr ladies, Le had some struggles with jumps. I hope she can get it together for regionals

In jr men Alan Wong had a near perfect warmup but had some pops and falls in the program. :fragile: that would be such an awesome program if clean and would bring down the house.

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks @jlai for your mini-report from Skate Houston (cancelled last due to the major flooding there).
I made a quick stop at Skate Houston today. ...
On a different note, this is the first time I saw a senior pairs in a club competition (at least in recent years).
Esposito, Jade Colonial FSC / Newby-Estrella, Rique Dallas FSC). The throws and twists were not there yet, but they had a nice lift in the end.
Esposito/Newby-Estrella were a new team last season and placed 2nd in Senior Pairs at Eastern Sectionals in November 2017 but withdrew from 2018 Nationals.

Golden West took place this weekend in Ontario, Calif. and the video company charged for the live stream for the first time :( ($7/day) - I paid for today's stream and will try to post a few notes of highlights later.

P.S. I'm still in the process of updating Scoretracker with all the relevant scores from the competitions with recently published results listed at the top of the club competitions page: https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/competitions/

Last edited:
Z

ZilphaK

Julia Biechler has some nice scores from the Philadelphia Skate Club Challenge Cup in Senior Ladies singles. 93.79 in FS and 50.31 in SP. I'd love to see the protocols. I wonder if she's focusing more on her singles skating right now? Her PCS is usually pretty high.

Sylvia

TBD
Julia Biechler has some nice scores from the Philadelphia Skate Club Challenge Cup in Senior Ladies singles. 93.79 in FS and 50.31 in SP. I'd love to see the protocols. I wonder if she's focusing more on her singles skating right now?
Biechler is no longer competing in ice dance (she and Damian Dodge parted ways after last season). She now has the second highest club comp. total score in the South Atlantic region: https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/scoretracker/current-senior-ladies-scores/

Scoretracker, Top Ten & Club Comps pages are all updated with the latest published results and submitted scores through last night.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information