2018 Canadians event website & detailed schedule

Thread starter #1

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Link to the event website: https://skatecanada.ca/2018-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/

Link to the event detailed schedule in Vancouver/Pacific time ("As of December 7, 2017. Schedule subject to change.)": https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2018-CTNSC-Schedule-DE7.pdf

"No Start Orders have been posted yet. Please check back week of December 18."
(I can start a new thread when the starting orders are posted. ETA on 12/19 -- here's the link: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/entries-starting-orders-results.102684/ )

"Novice and junior competition, and select senior events, will be live streamed. Please check back closer to the event for information."

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Ratings
Senior Schedule
Local Time

Friday 12
09:40 Ladies Short Groups 1 & 2
11:21 Ladies Short Group 3 (TSN highlights as the broadcast starts later at 12:00 PST)
12:26 Short Dance Group 1 (TSN)
13:17 Short Dance Group 2 (TSN)
15:00 Pairs Short Group 1
15:46 Pairs Short Group 2 (TSN)
16:55 Men Short Group 1 & 2 (TSN)
18:36 Men Short Group 3 (TSN)

Saturday 13
08:05 Ladies Free Skate Groups 1 & 2
10:10 Free Dance Group 1
11:08 Free Dance Group 2 (TSN/CTV Two)
12:15 Ladies Free Skate Group 3 (TSN/CTV Two)
13:30 Men Free Skate Groups 1 & 2
15:40 Pairs Free Skate Group 1
16:51 Pairs Free Skate Group 2 (TSN2/CTV Two)
17:52 Men Free Skate Group 3 (TSN2/CTV Two)

Last edited:

Braulio

Ratings
Are there any live streams for us to watch who don't have Canadian Cable?
I have been searching for them but no, let's wait and see if something comes up the next days but as of today there are no working links of TSN/CTV Two available

Skate Talker

Replaced the display under my name
Ratings
Watching the listings from my cable provider are like watching a shell game. Every time I look the station has changed. And I don't even have access to CTV Two so I am just talking about the TSN listings. Other than figuring out what channel to pvr, at least I have access to all 5 TSN feeds, but my poor aunt has only TSN2 & TSN3 so she has seen all but one broadcast disappear to the ones she doesn't get.

Braulio

Ratings
Right now TSN4 & TSN5 are listing on their schedule the Canadian Nationals for Friday coverage

TSN4 & TSN5 listing Ladies Free & Free Dance

TSN2 will show the Pairs and Men's Free Skate

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Ratings
They better live stream all of the non televised senior groups like they have in the past. If I don't get to see all of the senior ladies I will raise hell!!!

rfisher

Will you rise like a phoenix or be a burnt chicken
Ratings
According to Ted, they are free streaming all but the final senior groups which are under TV contracts. The stream will not be geoblocked. They are even streaming senior practices.

Skate Talker

Ratings
I'm guessing they partially fixed their live tv broadcast setting up for live conflicting with earlier group skates actually taking place by introducing extra breaks and ice makes between groups even if unnecessary. Fingers crossed we get to see all non-televised skaters on live stream as advertised.

manhn

Ratings
At the arena, we saw a few interviews of junior skaters taking place in the K&C. We assumed it had to do with the streaming.

Skate Talker

Ratings
As in the past, Ted and Debbie explain that apart from wanting to hear from the interviewees, they do it to help the younger skaters get used to what will be an expected part of the routine if they go on to become elite skaters. They are very careful to do their best to make it a positive experience for the skaters and I noticed they also keep the coaches close by and will often include them in the interview which also puts the skaters more at ease. iirc they always interview the last skaters of each group.

Rogueskater

Ratings
Great production of the Canadian Nationals for everyone unable to get to the arena. The commentators, the camera work, music as well as the details on the screen through replays and Tricaster work is top notch.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Ratings
So Ted repeatedly promises they will live stream ALL senior skaters who are not televised - I am beginning to hope it is actually true.
It should be as it was in previous years - except there was a blip one year (2015?) where the first group of pairs wasn't shown anywhere.

Last year whoever skated last in each warmup group was interviewed. It was cool in some moments (like after Kim Decelles in the short program) but difficult in others who did not have a great skate (like Michelle Long).

I love that they archive the full segment so I can watch at my leisure. Some of the events start very late eastern time. This morning I caught up with some of the junior men.

livetoskate

Ratings
Do you all think that someone will be streaming live on YouTube? I'm in the US, but I would love to watch the complete sr. ladies and men's events live!

Catherine M

Ratings
It should be as it was in previous years - except there was a blip one year (2015?) where the first group of pairs wasn't shown anywhere.
I was there in Kingston and remember coming online back at the hotel when it was all over with and posting something like:

It was a mercy chacking as it was pitiful pairs skating at its worst. Vanessa Grenier landed one throw on her stomach and they "won" the group.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Ratings
Senior Schedule
Local Time

Friday 12
09:40 Ladies Short Groups 1 & 2
11:21 Ladies Short Group 3 (TSN highlights as the broadcast starts later at 12:00 PST)
12:26 Short Dance Group 1 (TSN)
13:17 Short Dance Group 2 (TSN)
15:00 Pairs Short Group 1
15:46 Pairs Short Group 2 (TSN)
16:55 Men Short Group 1 & 2 (TSN)
18:36 Men Short Group 3 (TSN)

Saturday 13
08:05 Ladies Free Skate Groups 1 & 2
10:10 Free Dance Group 1
11:08 Free Dance Group 2 (TSN/CTV Two)
12:15 Ladies Free Skate Group 3 (TSN/CTV Two)
13:30 Men Free Skate Groups 1 & 2
15:40 Pairs Free Skate Group 1
16:51 Pairs Free Skate Group 2 (TSN2/CTV Two)
17:52 Men Free Skate Group 3 (TSN2/CTV Two)
Here is the post from sywtwfs on streaming links for the event, both geoblocked and non geoblocked
http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/post/169468987310/2018-canadian-national-championships-info

No idea which ones will work, but it-s worth trying after the competition starts

mattiecat13

Ratings
Is there an informational booth there for GPF in Vancouver? My friends and I are considering attending but haven’t seen any information since the initial press release. Anyone know when tickets will go on sale?

I was shocked there wasn’t a booth at US Nationals for Skate America, GPF or next year’s US Nationals in Detroit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)