• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2018 Athletics Thread

Ohyes

Ratings
I won't be since Andre degrasse won't be competing but I do hope New Zealand wins in womens shot put.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Ratings
Today competition was insane with many controversial DQ

American guy was DQ of the 800m then he was reinstated (bumping a brit off the podium)

But the most questionable was Oscar Husillos who won the 400m in a Championship Record 44.92!! but got DQ moments later along with the silver medalist Luguelin Santos

Poor guy he knew abot this while being interviewed on national tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyJjwfD0LY

Aceon6

Hit ball, find ball, hit it again.
Ratings
I guess this is the best place to post this. Roger Bannister, the first to run a sub 4 minute mile, has passed away. He was 88.

ilovepaydays

Ratings
The U.S. men clearly need to have clinics on how to not lose relays in the last 50 meters. First it was their 4X100ms, now it's happening in their 4X400ms too. You would think they would have learned from 2017 Worlds. What was Norwood doing in that final stretch? :rolleyes:

Congrats to Poland for winning and the world record! Belgium won bronze by .01! :eek:

ilovepaydays

Ratings
Anyone else going to follow the Boston Marathon tomorrow? :D

The Americans have the best chance in decades to win the men’s, women’s, or even both. :eek:

Women’s favorites: Molly Huddle, Shalene Flanagan, Desi Linden (all USA)

Men’s favorite: Geoffery Kirui (Kenya - last year’s champion), Galen Rupp (USA), some other Kenyan or Ethiopian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)