4 70.15
7 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
CAN
1 75.37
8 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG
CHN
2 73.67

Ratings
So by my count, if S&M stay 3rd, they need over 140.48 to knock James & Cipres out of the GPF. Their PB is 10 points higher, so that's attainable. If the top 3 stay in the same order and S&M get that score, all 3 podium teams here make GPF.

If Yu/Zhang win bronze they need to get over 149.48 to make GPF, which is 13 points higher than their PB and not likely. In that case D&R, S&M, and J&C would go.

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
So by my count, if S&M stay 3rd, they need over 140.48 to knock J&C out of the GPF. Their PB is 10 points higher, so that's attainable. If the top 3 stay in the same order and S&M get that score, all 3 podium teams here make GPF.
I was just writing a post about the scenarios, but you put it pretty precise and simple. If Yu/Zhang drop to third, they need at least 149.48 in the free skate which most likely isn't going to happen with a 3rd place finish, but you never know.

Duhamel/Radford can finish 4th and still qualify.

PRlady

praying for a Youtube stream
Ratings
With all apologies to the lovely Yu, but I hope they bomb the free skate enough for J/C to make the final. I swear if the Chinese had just left the teams alone and she was still skating with Jin, I wouldn't feel that way, but.....

ETA: It is beyond irritating that the one comp I can watch today/tonight without staying up ridiculously late is the pairs free. Whyyyyyyyyyyy am I doomed to watch three US pairs? But maybe I can wake up at 5 and catch the second group of ladies.

AxelAnnie

Ratings
With all apologies to the lovely Yu, but I hope they bomb the free skate enough for J/C to make the final. I swear if the Chinese had just left the teams alone and she was still skating with Jin, I wouldn't feel that way, but.....
Hoping for a team to bomb invites bad karma to those you like! I never do that. I do cheer when the fall, though!

rfisher

Will you rise like a phoenix or be a burnt chicken
Ratings
I know there was no way Savchenko was going to miss the comp and a shot at the GPF (there is $$$ at stake), but I wish they'd let Bruno's back injury get better. But, she'll go down fighting before she'll quit.

FiveRinger

Ratings

ETA: It is beyond irritating that the one comp I can watch today/tonight without staying up ridiculously late is the pairs free. Whyyyyyyyyyyy am I doomed to watch three US pairs? But maybe I can wake up at 5 and catch the second group of ladies.
You're funny. I feel the same about J/C. If I thought making dolls and sticking pins in them would help, I would do it. The travesty of that whole situation is that we have to endure T/S in the FS again. Bleech!

ETA: I don't want anyone hurt. I just want to see who's ticklish. :)

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
Now we have Bill Doleman, who probably has never commentated figure skating in his life, pronouncing skaters' names infinitely better than the in-rink announcer who has been around for 20+ years.

Lizziebeth

the real Lizziebeth
Ratings
Now we have Bill Doleman, who probably has never commentated figure skating in his life, pronouncing skaters' names infinitely better than the in-rink announcer who has been around for 20+ years.
I think announcer lady missed her phonics. She can't even figure out the ones that look obvious to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)