2017 Internationaux de France (formerly known as TEB) in Grenoble

Nmsis

Does any one know what the venue is in Grenoble?
I'd bet on the Pôle Sud rink : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patinoire_Polesud
There would be a bigger venue with the Palais des Sports (which hosted skating at the 1968 Olympics ) but that would mean a reinstallation of an ice surface which is unlikely.

Pôle Sud is the home rink of Besseghier and Aymoz who is barely older than the rink itself. They will start and end their senior career with a nice home trip.
And as Villard de Lans is only a few kilometers away, up in the mountains, I do hope Villard's ballet will make an appearance at the gala. I think Arribert will be back at the Grand Prix "for real" during the next olympic cycle but it will never be early enough so I'll take ballet on ice in the meantime . :glamor:

Last edited:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
As of the Palais des sports : Reinstallation??? No reinstallation. It's like BERCY. It's built in.
Last time there was skating there I can remember is Masters Miko 1992, just after the olys. great venue and it would be so much better than "Pôle Sud" where without a car you'll have a hard time finding where to stay ...

Emilia12

I was not planning to go, but since Weaver/Poje are going to be there it's worth to take the trip. I'm wondering when the tickets sales will start

floskate

Vacant
When Peggy won the OGM, the Olys were still on outdoor rinks. Maybe the building was created around it?

No the figure skating was held in the Palais de Sport which at the time was called Le Stade Olympique de Glace. Most definitely indoors. The last Winter Olympics to be held completely outdoors was actually 1956 in Cortina. Squaw Valley was partially covered. The last Worlds held outdoors was 1967 in Vienna.

Debbie S

No the figure skating was held in the Palais de Sport which at the time was called Le Stade Olympique de Glace. Most definitely indoors. The last Winter Olympics to be held completely outdoors was actually 1956 in Cortina. Squaw Valley was partially covered. The last Worlds held outdoors was 1967 in Vienna.
OK, thanks. I remember seeing pics of Peggy at outdoor rinks, they must have been from a Worlds.

topaz

I am able to book airfare/hotel between $900 to $1100 with taxes/fees for four nights to Grenoble France from Milwaukee to Grenoble via expedia, travelocity, orbitz and hotwire.

The venue has not been announced yet, rigth?

antmanb

Out of interest is it always competition on Friday and Saturday and gala on Sunday?

I've found super cheap flights to fly in on Friday morning and leave Sunday so i'm very tempted!

cris

Out of interest is it always competition on Friday and Saturday and gala on Sunday?

I've found super cheap flights to fly in on Friday morning and leave Sunday so i'm very tempted!
Yes, in France it has been like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information