2016 Academy Awards (Oscars) - What Should Win Best Film?

Which of the 8 nominated films for best picture should win?

• The Big Short

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Bridge of Spies

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Brooklyn

• Mad Max: Fury Road

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The Martian

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Revenant

• Room

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Spotlight

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Which of the 8 nominated films for best picture do you think should win, as opposed to what you think will win?

Artemis@BC

Anything but Mad Max ... :shuffle:

I still haven't managed to see Room but based on the book and everything I've heard about it, I'd be pretty happy if it won. But there are no real standouts in the nominees for me. Of the ones I've seen, Spotlight is the most deserving of best film.

Lacey

I have seen them all except for Mad Max. Unfortunately, I loved The Danish Girl, which is not nominated. I am torn between Brooklyn, Room and Spotlight. And, like picking for the skating Prediction Website, I would stink at choosing, so I won't.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am torn between Room, Bridge of Spies, and Spotlight.

I picked Spotlight for this poll, but any of the other two will be fine with me.

I would hate to see Revenant win BP Oscar and it seems to be the front runner.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Please not The Revenant! The same director's film (Birdman) won last year already. Spread the wealth.

Of the ones I've seen so far, I like The Martian and Spotlight. Will have to catch up with the other films.

Xela M

Bridge of Spies is the best by far from what I have seen (the only two I haven't seen are Spotlight and The Big Short.)

Revenant is unwatchable.

Tinami Amori

"Brooklyn"!
(Bridge of Spies - 2nd choice).
I appreciate "The Revenant", but it is too much like a famous Soviet novel and movie "Tale of a Real Man" (Повесть о настоящем человека), plane crash, pilot survives but injured, broken/frozen legs, crawls home for days, lives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information