1/6 House Select Committee Hearings and Aftermath

jeffisjeff

@Liz_Cheney
The committee's not going to stand by and watch her character be assassinated by anonymous sources and by men who are claiming executive privilege. And so we look forward very much to additional testimony under oath.
I may not agree with her political views, but I do admire her calling a spade a spade...

Men in Trumpworld seem to believe that women are easy to deal with - just call them liars and of course everyone will believe you over the girl!

caseyedwards

I was away last week but did watch Cassidy Hutchinson while at the airport. I think the steering wheel thing is important because it just shows Trump's personality to a tee.

As for DeathSantis and Trump - DeathSantis is definitely the more dangerous. Trump is a grifting narcissist who will compromise on anything for flattery but reacts on instinct if you say the slightest mean thing about him. DeathSantis gives me the impression that if you cross him he will actually kill you. He is a total psychopath.
And lots of republicans are saying trump shouldn’t be the nominee again because he generates feelings that are too strong lol!

caseyedwards

I may not agree with her political views, but I do admire her no nonsense defense of our democracy.

@Liz_Cheney
on ABC, on disputes over Hutchinson's testimony: "The committee's not going to stand by and watch her character be assassinated by anonymous sources and by men who are claiming executive privilege. And so we look forward very much to additional testimony under oath."
The fault is cheneys because the committee didn’t call the driver trump violently and viciously assaulted to testify right after Hutchinson .

The feeling was that a man -any man but especially a secret service Agent- will not admit to being violently assaulted by trump of all people

DreamSkates

The fault is cheneys because the committee didn’t call the driver trump violently and viciously assaulted to testify right after Hutchinson .

The feeling was that a man -any man but especially a secret service Agent- will not admit to being violently assaulted by trump of all people
I think in a court of law, lunging toward someone may not be the same as an assault. However the rage behind and intent of an action can speak volumes.

Susan1

Last edited:

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
I think in a court of law, lunging toward someone may not be the same as an assault.
Assault is generally defined as an intentional act that puts another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact. No physical injury is required, but the actor must have intended to cause a harmful or offensive contact with the victim and the victim must have thereby been put in immediate apprehension of such a contact.

So far, however, the only evidence of assault is a secondhand account; the only lunging we've seen was toward the wheel of an SUV (maybe), not an agent....unless I missed something, which is quite possible.

Unless the agent is willing to make a complaint, however, I don't think anything can be done, and the agent in question has said he is willing to testify that it never happened, so I am not sure why anyone would expect charges to be filed by now.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Unless the agent is willing to make a complaint, however, I don't think anything can be done, and the agent in question has said he is willing to testify that it never happened, so I am not sure why anyone would expect charges to be filed by now.
I'm not sure any SS agents should be talking to the media about anything, tbh. I find it telling that Pence didn't want to go with them on Jan 6th.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I may not agree with her political views, but I do admire her calling a spade a spade...

Men in Trumpworld seem to believe that women are easy to deal with - just call them liars and of course everyone will believe you over the girl!
Well it is women who are showing the way in all this. They have presented the strongest cases for why Trump is guilty. The men of Trumpworld are a bunch of gutless cowards who keep pleading the fifth because they are as guilty as f*ck.

Dobre

It really would be sweet if Fanni Willis could nail him in Georgia. After all the time the press spent on what's his name's investigation in New York, and he didn't even stay in the job long enough to follow through.

Meanwhile, I find this disturbing:

Judge indicates he’ll limit what Atlanta grand jury probing 2020 election reversal plots can ask lawmakers​

I personally think that if you're elected to a position of state leadership, the bar should require that you're more transparent than the average citizen, not less.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

Susan1

I just turned on the t.v. and the banner at the bottom said hearing next Tuesday.

I had to include that ^. Someone posted it on our city page about setting off fireworks being illegal. And here I go into a sidebar. When I was working at the mortgage company, a guy who took college computer classes when he was in 9th grade was trying to teach me how to do his part of a report. I was listening and doing and writing it all down at the same time and I got confused. I said "all I hear is giraffes chewing". I don't know why. It just came out like that. Who knew it was going to become a gif!

Dobre

Cipollone is going to testify, but only via video-taped deposition rather than in person.

I thought he already did this? Is that my imagination? Or is he coming in again for new questions?

skatemomaz

Resist
Cipollone is going to testify, but only via video-taped deposition rather than in person.

I thought he already did this? Is that my imagination? Or is he coming in again for new questions?
I think he claimed executive privilege before

Dobre

Cipollone testified for 8 hours today.

----

"Fascinating numbers from new Monmouth poll.

"Should members of Congress who assisted the planners of January 6th be removed from office?"

Among all Americans: 66% yes, 26% no
Among independents: 65% yes, 27% no
Among Republicans: 48% no, 36% yes
Among Democrats: 94% yes, 5% no"

Dobre

"Roger Stone and Stop the Steal leaders were followed by a second documentary film crew before the Capitol attack — that also recorded key moments in timeline, including ‘rehearsal’ rallies and the days leading up to Jan. 6."

Seems important as Stone seems like a major link between extremists that stormed the capitol and people at the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information