1/6 House Select Committee Hearings and Aftermath

Amy L

Oh, I think Eastman got his share of the heat;). Guiliani & Ellis got some today also.

I do kind of enjoy all the floundering of those that were named, but I'm a petty bitch. :EVILLE:Ron Johnson has gone from "I didn't know what they wanted me to deliver to Pence, I was just asked to give him something." Which makes him seem like an idiot, like what if it was a package bomb? and now he's saying his staffer did everything and he never knew anything like that happened. Which also makes him look not only stupid, but a straight up asshole trying to throw everything on to either an underpaid staffer or a unpaid intern.

Apparently in TrumpWorld the plan is to blame everything on Eastman and just wash their hands of him. I don't see how Guiliani can get out of this, he seems just as invested or even more-so than Eastman.

Sparks

Witnesses for tomorrow’s House Jan 6 Committee hearing on Trump’s 11th hour interactions with US Justice Dept: Jeffrey Rosen, Former Acting Atty General Richard Donoghue, Former Acting Deputy Atty Gen. Steven Engel, Former Asst Atty Gen for Office of Legal Counsel

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Witnesses for tomorrow’s House Jan 6 Committee hearing on Trump’s 11th hour interactions with US Justice Dept: Jeffrey Rosen, Former Acting Atty General Richard Donoghue, Former Acting Deputy Atty Gen. Steven Engel, Former Asst Atty Gen for Office of Legal Counsel
I am not sure how these 'former's can be useful witnesses. Shouldn't they be people who were directly involved?

Dobre

Apparently in TrumpWorld the plan is to blame everything on Eastman and just wash their hands of him. I don't see how Guiliani can get out of this, he seems just as invested or even more-so than Eastman.
Hard for Trump to get away with blaming it on Eastman, presuming Trump's attorney general (and probably Cipollone & various other well-placed legal experts) were telling Trump that Eastman's scheme was B.S.

Guilliani & Eastman need to plead guilty and barter for leniency by giving DOJ everything they have on the bigger fish. Geeze, they were/are lawyers. You would think they would have the evidence necessary for this type of insurance.

Trump does not have a bigger fish to blame it on.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Jamie Raskin told us there has been a "deluge of new evidence" since Jan. 6 hearings began, forcing them to plan for future hearings in July rather than the last week of June "We just need to catch our breath, go through the new evidence and then incorporate it into the hearings"

I would say the competency of the handling of the hearings might be giving some reluctant people who were afraid of coming forward the courage to now do so.

ballettmaus

Hard for Trump to get away with blaming it on Eastman, presuming Trump's attorney general (and probably Cipollone & various other well-placed legal experts) were telling Trump that Eastman's scheme was B.S.
I don't remember if witnesses testified that they told Trump that Eastman's scheme was BS specifically but there are too many who testified that they told Trump that something was illegal to blame it all on Eastman.

Sparks

I don't remember if witnesses testified that they told Trump that Eastman's scheme was BS specifically but there are too many who testified that they told Trump that something was illegal to blame it all on Eastman.
Witnesses have testified both Trump and Eastman the scheme was illegal. They decided to try it anyway

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I find it confusing that good people like Raffensberger and Sterling still want to vote for a Republican candidate (Sterling had said so in an earlier interview). The Republican Party is no longer the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, etc. It is Trump's party. How can they vote for Trump again? How can they vote for a Trump supporter in any election?

Aussie Willy

I find it confusing that good people like Raffensberger and Sterling still want to vote for a Republican candidate (Sterling had said so in an earlier interview). The Republican Party is no longer the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, etc. It is Trump's party. How can they vote for Trump again? How can they vote for a Trump supporter in any election?
Many of them would still vote for him no matter who the Dem opponent is. They just won't vote for a Dem. Barr has said that too.

Aussie Willy

Susan1

His own minions and employees and attorneys and family won't defend him. Oh my.
:violin::wuzrobbed:biggrinbo

“Some argued to the former president and public that the election was corrupt and stolen,” Rosen’s statement says. “That view was wrong then and it is wrong today, and I hope our presence here today helps reaffirm that fact.”

Last edited:

caseyedwards

They made a decision to support Desantis or any non trump they wouldn’t defend him. It is working like a dream. Desantis is crushing trump now in New Hampshire.

jenny12

It shows a sick mind.

Agreed, especially since their party doesn’t have a platform anymore aside from racism, controlling women’s bodies, and obstruction.

They are against Trump because at least they draw the line at treason and I think they know that ultimately, Trump is bad for the Republican brand, but they still have the backwards thinking of the current Republican Party.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Okay any sympathy you had for Mike Pence just got thrown out of the window. He has commented about Biden being the "most dishonest". A Meidas Touch clip.

Mike Pence did just One good thing in his political life. It was on January 6th.

Susan1

BREAKING - Federal agents searched the Virginia home of former Trump-era Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark on Wednesday morning, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the activity.
I was just coming on here to post that. They just said this today? Right before the hearing? What if they say they are going to postpone another one because they have to look at the evidence? Geez.

Sparks

They won't. Clark already went before the committee and pleaded the 5th.

Clark is an environmental lawyer, not an election lawyer. No way he came up w/the plan he wanted to send out to GOP loyalists in key states on his own. A search could reveal electronic footprints showing his contacts. He was intro'd to Trump by Rep Perry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information