1/6 House Select Committee Hearings and Aftermath

Susan1

Geez Louise. I'm sweating and it's not even hot in here. Those poor women. It was funny that Ruby referred to him as "45" though.
The eyeroll she gave him when he told her "don't be nervous" was also fabulous.
Did you see all those separate cameras pointed right at her? That's ridiculous. Couldn't they share from one. Living in hiding, then being afraid to use their names in public, now their faces are going to be plastered on every website. They should each be given $1M and be sent into witness protection to live on the beach in Hawaii.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Finished watching all the Georgia witnesses. My hats off to them. The election worker Moss was powerful. It was sweet when Schiff asked her to introduce her mom. She looked very nervous but when he asked her to tell them what she liked about her Job as election worker she brightened up and spoke well.

Now watching the discussion on msnbc.

ETA- too bad I missed Bowers' testimony. He is from my state. Will definitely watch the replay on msnbc tonight.

Last edited:

Susan1

Forgot to mention earlier - Rudy said Ruby's name EIGHTEEN times in that call with trump! :angryfire

easilydistracte

Geezette
Was doing something else earlier, so missed the first part of the hearings before the recess. Will have to watch today's hearing--probably the CSPAN video on Youtube--before Thursday's hearing.

What was quite striking was how hearing the Former Guy's words in the Former Guy's actual voice just emphasized, to me anyway, how completely deranged the guy is. He kind of gave away his "How to Steal an Election" playbook in all the accusations he leveled against election officials, election workers and the Democrats. Those accusations turned out to be unfounded, of course, but I can easily imagine HIS team using every one of those tactics mentioned in his accusations to try and turn the results his way.

Ms Moss and Lady Ruby Freeman did themselves proud. So much courage.

I hope whoever is involved in these hearings have excellent security details.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

Was doing something else earlier, so missed the first part of the hearings before the recess. Will have to watch today's hearing--probably the CSPAN video on Youtube--before Thursday's hearing.

What was quite striking was how hearing the Former Guy's words in the Former Guy's actual voice just emphasized, to me anyway, how completely deranged the guy is. He kind of gave away his "How to Steal an Election" playbook in all the accusations he leveled against election officials, election workers and the Democrats. Those accusations turned out to be unfounded, of course, but I can easily imagine HIS team using every one of those tactics mentioned in his accusations to try and turn the results his way.

Ms Moss and Lady Ruby Freeman did themselves proud. So much courage.

I hope whoever is involved in these hearings have excellent security details.
Using the word Deranged is why you have NYT saying a guilty verdict may not be possible or allowed by a judge! Because trump was saying truly insane things. So is jail or mental hospital more appropriate

de·ranged
/dēˈrānjd,dəˈrānjd/
Learn to pronounce

adjective
  1. mad; insane.
    "a deranged gunman"

Susan1

The program guide on my t.v. doesn't update times for these changes until right before, so I don't know either. I forgot to watch at the end where they've put up a screen that said when the next one was last week.

[email protected][email protected][email protected]

On FB, they are saying Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss should sue trump (and rudy) for defamation and libel (don't they mean slander?). trump likes lawsuits so much. There should be a line out the door of attorneys wanting to do that for free. And it should be on t.v. in prime time.

[email protected][email protected][email protected]

Aren't we glad now that trump tweeted so much. Admitting to crimes published for all the world to see for all eternity.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Jason Johnson was irate on Nicole Wallace's show and explained exactly why people give up voting when what happened in GA is allowed to happen with no consequences. Sadly, when that happens, what happened in GA is allowed to happen. Everybody has to vote from the smallest election to the largest. HRC said it: don't vote the economy or how much you're paying for gas. Vote for the survival of the Democracy of the United States. If the GOP wins in November, we all lose because they will fix the voting so they never lose again. For the first time in my life, I'm afraid.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
I realize there is a lot being exposed by the hearings, but I ask what good will it do. The people who were appalled on Jan 6, 2021 are the same ones who are outraged on June 21. 2022.

Those who moved past Jan 6, 2021 to focus on.whatever is the newesat problem Q tells them to focus on.

It's not going to change anyone's opinion. We certainly can't expect our court system to do the right thing thing.

Spikefan

At the Hubbell Salon
Jason Johnson was irate on Nicole Wallace's show and explained exactly why people give up voting when what happened in GA is allowed to happen with no consequences. Sadly, when that happens, what happened in GA is allowed to happen. Everybody has to vote from the smallest election to the largest. HRC said it: don't vote the economy or how much you're paying for gas. Vote for the survival of the Democracy of the United States. If the GOP wins in November, we all lose because they will fix the voting so they never lose again. For the first time in my life, I'm afraid.
I vote in everything but our most recent election was just school board and some bonds. Very low turnout and the two school board winners were anti-CRT (not a thing in our schools). It’s so depressing that people don’t recognize they have to vote every time.

It would probably help if everything (other than primaries) just happened one day every year. Some years it seems I’m going to vote four/five times a year. I’m sure that’s a feature not a flaw. :wuzrobbed

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sadly people don't think about the survival of democracy or Trump's lies; they only think about how to pay their bills, how to buy food. If they vote for democrats they will be in a much better position to get those things. I don't think 'survival of democracy' will get it done.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I realize there is a lot being exposed by the hearings, but I ask what good will it do. The people who were appalled on Jan 6, 2021 are the same ones who are outraged on June 21. 2022.

Those who moved past Jan 6, 2021 to focus on.whatever is the newesat problem Q tells them to focus on.

It's not going to change anyone's opinion. We certainly can't expect our court system to do the right thing thing.
If they repeat it often enough, it might make a difference in November. There are moderate GOP and Independents. Those going after the "RINO"s aren't going to inspire them to vote for them. That is the only hope we have. I think this is all about November. Every Democratic candidate has to use this in their state wide campaigns. All of them.

And, if the US democracy is gone, it will impact those who are voting against it. They might think it won't, but so too did Germans who voted for Hitler to their ultimate cost, and every other authoritarian government in history. The only hope is to fight. I'm signing up to do voter registration tomorrow. I won't roll over and give up without a fight.

Financial speculation is gas is going to have a significant drop after July 4. That might help. Electing a GOP Congress won't do a damn thing.

PRlady

I thought this too. And then I went to the March for the Living with my daughter and her mother-in-law.

I really like MIL, she grew up poor in rural Illinois and was a Republican her whole life, but couldn’t vote for Trump either time. As soon as we came up out of the Metro to meet them, she grabbed my arm and started talking about the first hearing and how she had no idea 1/6 was that plotted and planned. She went on and on and apologized and said she would shut up about it.

I said NO don’t shut up, you have to be an emissary to all your friends. It doesn’t do any good for me to talk about it, almost everyone I know is a Dem or lefty, but she needs to spread the word to conservative patriotic Americans that we are in real danger. She agreed.

If there are enough Marias out there paying attention, it will do some good.

ETA: @rfisher you’re in a red state and good for you. Me, I’m going to volunteer in VA like I did for Obama, I thought the state had gone blue enough not to worry but then they elected Youngkin. So I’ll be out canvassing again in the fall.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Just finished catching up on Day 4. It was important to hear not only from the Georgia officials but the election workers. I hope they can get their lives back and Lady Ruby can get her name back too. Very moving testimony.

I am so impressed with the way this is being conducted and managed.

What is infuriating is that this all happening because one a-hole couldn't handle losing and it is making a massive impact on democracy in the country.

Last edited:

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
If they repeat it often enough, it might make a difference in November. There are moderate GOP and Independents. Those going after the "RINO"s aren't going to inspire them to vote for them. That is the only hope we have. I think this is all about November. Every Democratic candidate has to use this in their state wide campaigns. All of

Financial speculation is gas is going to have a significant drop after July 4. That might help. Electing a GOP Congress won't do a damn thing.
It's been two weeks since it last went up here. It's dropped approximately 25 cents in the last two weeks.

Sparks

I thought this too. And then I went to the March for the Living with my daughter and her mother-in-law.

I really like MIL, she grew up poor in rural Illinois and was a Republican her whole life, but couldn’t vote for Trump either time. As soon as we came up out of the Metro to meet them, she grabbed my arm and started talking about the first hearing and how she had no idea 1/6 was that plotted and planned. She went on and on and apologized and said she would shut up about it.

I said NO don’t shut up, you have to be an emissary to all your friends. It doesn’t do any good for me to talk about it, almost everyone I know is a Dem or lefty, but she needs to spread the word to conservative patriotic Americans that we are in real danger. She agreed.

If there are enough Marias out there paying attention, it will do some good.

ETA: @rfisher you’re in a red state and good for you. Me, I’m going to volunteer in VA like I did for Obama, I thought the state had gone blue enough not to worry but then they elected Youngkin. So I’ll be out canvassing again in the fall.
I support the MIL Alliance 💪

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Just finished catching up on Day 4. It was important to hear not only from the Georgia officials but the election workers. I hope they can get their lives back and Lady Ruby can get her name back too. Very moving testimony.

I am so impressed with the way this is being conducted and managed.

What is infuriating is that this all happening because one a-hole couldn't handle losing and it is making a massive impact on democracy in the country.
He was just the catalyst for people to do what they wanted to do, but couldn't.

Dobre

He made people believe they were being cheated.

He knew that if they believed that, they would take actions & make excuses for actions that they normally would not. But more than that, he gave hate groups & corrupt leaders cover to take actions that ordinary citizens would not. By giving hate groups and corrupt leaders cover, he and those groups terrified ordinary citizens that would otherwise have spoken out in opposition. And he & those groups terrorized the citizens who did speak out.

ballettmaus

I really hope that Miss Moss is in therapy and, if not, that one of the committee members asked her about it and recommended that she seek therapy.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The Committee has organized these hearings very well, in my opinion. Going through each of the different ways that Trump and his followers attempted to attack the government in order to overthrow the election. It's very comprehensible and well connected, without being overwhelming.
And it is solely aimed at Trump and his role.

I did like Cheney's closing statement naming and shaming those who have pleaded the fifth or refused to testify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information