1/6 House Select Committee Hearings and Aftermath

Susan1

I think it’s monthly.
Thanks. Yeah, I just looked it up - "20 free online articles — or other items — per month". So is that the basic 30 day month or like the whole month of June? "Other items" better not include Wordle! It just switched over to having to have the NYT link last week (on the 15th or 16th?). I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I don't know how I've opened 20 articles. Have I attached that many to posts? I practically always attach the Yahoo version of things (no paywall). They shouldn't count if you go back and open the same article again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Susan1

They were touting this on Morning Joe this morning -

"Nearly six in 10 Americans believe former President Donald Trump should be criminally charged for his alleged role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riots.

According to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll, 58% of the nation now supports charging Trump, who helped incite the mob that breached the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to stop Joe Biden from becoming president."

Did they look at the left bottom of the chart? The poll was "545 adults". Not a very big sampling.

caseyedwards

So based on polls some people actually believe both trump should go to jail and be president! There is overlap

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Thanks. Yeah, I just looked it up - "20 free online articles — or other items — per month". So is that the basic 30 day month or like the whole month of June? "Other items" better not include Wordle! It just switched over to having to have the NYT link last week (on the 15th or 16th?). I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I don't know how I've opened 20 articles. Have I attached that many to posts? I practically always attach the Yahoo version of things (no paywall). They shouldn't count if you go back and open the same article again. :rolleyes:
Calendar month. If you click on links here a lot, you can use up your quota fast. 😥

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

susan6

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is anyone watching? I got bored when they were showing Giuliani 2020 and turned off the tv. Need to run errands. Will check back here later.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Yet another witness who kept incriminating footage/photos/insider knowledge to themself for over a year, so they could get a book deal/network deal. If he was in possession of useful information, dude should have come forward before now.

Did you read his statement? He was making a film under contract from a streaming service, and the service owned the footage. He wasn't able to turn it over because he didn't own it.

Desperado

Mr. Bowers being emotional a number of times during his testimony (although he hid it well). Just now, speaking about people coming to threaten his family and neighbours, during a time when his daughter was gravely ill. It really shows how depraved the Trump Team efforts were and how brave the people who chose to stand in their way in real time, were.

maureenfarone

I’m watching now on my lunch break. Again, wanting things to just be done and the court will sort it out. They sure had a lot of faith in the court. Thankful for this person in Arizona (missed his intro).
Rusty Bowers Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives. He was a supporter and campaigned for Donald Trump but would not break his oath to the Arizona or U. S. Constitution.

Susan1

Is anyone watching? I got bored when they were showing Giuliani 2020 and turned off the tv. Need to run errands. Will check back here later.
Watch the recaps tonight! When Bowers❤️ was waxing poetic about his duty, I said "preach it, brother". And when he was talking about the threats, I think even Schiff (and I) got choked up.

And they showed all of the hearings in their entirety on MSNBC on Saturday and Sunday. You'd have to "check you local listings".

caseyedwards

Totally tired of all of it! trump is a criminal: why isn’t garland acting? It’s enough already. The New York times said he could easily have appointed a special prosecutor if he was afraid of looking political. He could have appointed Luttig to be special prosecutor

Last edited:

Desperado

The Chair asking Ms. Moss to introduce her mama was sweet. The eyeroll she gave him when he told her "don't be nervous" was also fabulous. I liked how Schiff asked her to talk about why she loved her job, it seemed to calm her nerves a bit and gave us a good picture of her values.

Not sure why that is (I'm not American), but the whole thing is making me tear up. I'm so sorry she and her family had to go through such hardship (Rachel Maddow detailed it very well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information