1/6 House Select Committee Hearings and Aftermath

Vagabond

Here is a separate thread on the 1/6 Committee so that people don't have to hunt through the very lengthy Insurrectionists thread.

This is the committee's homepage. I believe that the hearings will be streamed there, but if not, you can still use the Youtube link on that page. The livestream will also be available on The New York Times website, and I pretty sure that it will not be geoblocked on either site.

caseyedwards

Hope this lights a fire under garland. You know this is the first time (where it was possible) that a big hearing into criminal wrongdoing doesn’t have a special counsel working at the same time? Of course there should be a special counsel already.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I can listen to this at work. Will probably follow the Meidas Touch coverage.

Sparks

The Jan. 6 Committee: • conducted more than a thousand witness interviews • received more than 140,000 documents • is following up on 471 tips received through the Committee's tip line • sent 98 subpoenas

Aussie Willy

OMG right from the get go they show Bill Barr. And he used the word BS.

And Bernie Thompson is not mincing words.

Aussie Willy

I want Bennie Thompson to read me a bedtime story. :lol: I don't know if a slow sing-songy Mississippi accent is dynamic television, but it's a good speech anyways.
He could be the new Morgan Freeman.

He is just calling it out and those in Congress/Senate who are the problem.

Now Liz Cheney - this is good.

Amy L

Just a reminder - Liz Cheney's father once (accidentally) shot his friend in the face and the friend apologized to him. I would not want to mess with the Vader Cheney family.

Liz Cheney just said they will present previously unreleased audio and video from the attack. I'm not ready for this, I'm already feeling queasy.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
The Cheney’s were fine with the Republican rule as long as they controlled it. Now that they can no longer control it and the quiet parts are being said and done out loud they don’t like it. I’m glad Liz is standing up but I do no trust a Cheney.

jenny12

The Cheney’s were fine with the Republican rule as long as they controlled it. Now that they can no longer control it and the quiet parts are being said and done out loud they don’t like it. I’m glad Liz is standing up but I do no trust a Cheney.

I feel the same. I will grant that Liz Cheney is giving a clear and thorough opening statement but I don't trust her and ultimately, all I can see when I look at her is her vote against the voting rights act. If she really cared about honest elections, she would have supported it.

Aussie Willy

My depression cycle has taken off... no one who actually needs to hear this is watching.

Now that Ivanka's statement has aired, is dad going to say "I never met this woman" or will there be a deep fake allegation? (She's hot so I guess deep fake)
I think it is aimed at those who are going to believe it so they can counteract every BS lie that those still claim election fraud espouse.

I certainly wonder how Fox are going to report this.

Using video and documentary evidence cannot be contradicted.

jeffisjeff

These hearings are unlikely to do any good. A majority of Republicans completely lack the ability to think independently.

More than half of U.S. Republicans believe the false claim that left-wing protesters led the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol riot to try to make then-President Donald Trump look bad, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

caseyedwards

This is true. She is angry the neocon cult to which she belongs lost power

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information