M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi MMD,

Are you going to be at the district conference in Prescott? I may go for Saturday, but not the whole conference because I am likely to go to India in the first week of Nov. Are you looking forward to the upcoming figure skating season? I can't wait for Skate America. Are you going? It's not too far, but right now I have to focus on my India trip.

Hope to see you sometime.

Vasanti
    Hi Mary Margaret,

I just discovered that TI has a rule about speech contests that would disallow me from competing this spring. I applied to serve as area governor next year (July 1) and that has disqualified me from competing, even though I don't even know if the DG would give me the appointment. There is no election for AG, so this rule makes no sense to me. I am very disappointed and discouraged in toastmasters in general. Last year I was denied the opportunity to serve as AG by the DG. She just did not reply to my email, and nobody from the district said that I would have to fill in an application form. I found out through a club member several months later. Why can't district 3 be proactive in communicating the rules completely? I looked up the D3 website but did not see this mentioned. I found it on the TI website only after I had talked to another TM friend.

I almost want to quit toastmasters right now.

Vasanti
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Do Not Sell My Personal Information