Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

sheetz

sheetz

CBS uploaded Nathan's episode of SCR. (geoblocked)

Joint interview with Shoma at The Ice

Sylvia

TBD
Darci Miller's article about the Secret Celebrity Renovation episode includes quotes from Michelle Thomson, the Competition Chair of Salt Lake Figure Skating (Nathan's club):
While the renovations were a surprise to most, one thing was a surprise to all. Chen, standing at a podium at center ice, pulled out a plaque honoring his mother, Hettie Wang, and his Utah coaches, Karel Kovar, Genia Chernyshova and Stephanee Grosscup. The skater lounge, he announced, was in honor of his mom, and the dressing room was in honor of his coaches.
“Now there’s a plaque hanging there that these renovations were to honor them and their dedication to the sport and their inspiration that they gave to Nathan,” Thomson said. “One thing about Nathan is that he never claims to have done it all on his own. He goes out there and he skates, and it is all Nathan, but he always gives credits to those who are around him, whether they be skating friends, whether they be coaches or the skating club. Nathan always gives credit to those who helped him, and I’ve always been so impressed by that.”
“We’ve been supporting Nathan through a lot of tests and a lot of competitions,” Thomson said with a laugh. “Nathan left us about six, seven years ago, but he was still a member of our club. He’s always called Salt Lake home. And his mom or his dad – usually his dad, and his sister – would always come put in those volunteer hours so Nathan could be a recipient of those funds. They never took for granted that they were part of the club, they were part of the team, and they did their service.”
ICYMI, @A.H.Black originally posted about Nathan's dad's volunteering for the club back in February: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/nathan-chen-fan-thread-2.105575/page-42#post-6201242

Sylvia

TBD
Voting is open for USFS' SKATING magazine Readers' Choice Skater(s) of the Year Award (Michelle Kwan Trophy) based on the accomplishments of the past season (2021–22) starting today, Aug. 15, and ending on Aug. 21:

A.H.Black

Voting is open for USFS' SKATING magazine Readers' Choice Skater(s) of the Year Award (Michelle Kwan Trophy) based on the accomplishments of the past season (2021–22) starting today, Aug. 15, and ending on Aug. 21:
Is there any question who should win?

Sylvia

TBD
Kaitlin Hawayek's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChU-jrbuPws/
A few months ago one of my best friends (and now Olympic Champ) @nathanwchen asked me to mix a new show program to the hit “Heat Waves” by @glassanimals for his upcoming performances 🔥 It was so fun to collaborate together and to see him add his special quality on the ice! Thanks Nate for the opportunity to make something fun together and for bringing the “cool” to heat waves (sorry can’t help myself 🤓)

sheetz

Last days to get in your votes for the Readers' Choice Award!

Great photo from DOI. There's a customizable photobook available for the show but the app to purchase it is only available in Japan. :cry:

sheetz

Character Media interview

Clips from Family Feud

sheetz

More video snippets from the Character Media interview:
He discusses his upcoming book
How he goes about choreographing his programs
He also talks about his work with Vera
And his superstitions

Article to accompany the videos

sheetz

Alice recaps the Chens' appearance on Family Feud.

Nathan's Harper's Bazaar Icons feature also appears in international editions of the magazine.
Japan: https://twitter.com/satsuki_n_55/status/1562724730725371904
Korea: https://twitter.com/aboutNathan9905/status/1562730566440497154

Nathan's next public appearance that I know of is at the OC Tanner Conference in Park City, UT Sep 27-29 as one of the keynote speakers. The speeches can be viewed online by registering at their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information