The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

I think RusFed genuinely didn't understand that backlash they would get for pushing D/S until the booing at RusNats.

Not shocked that they are now getting behind S/B because Nikita's back is definitely something to be concerned about. Scores aside, I think that S/B looked the best they have all season today - she looked so much more confident and into the music, the definitely deserved the 9.5 they got in performance. S/K were good, but I'd argue not their best outing of this? She usually looks really solid but there were a couple of times in the blues and the pattern steps twizzles where she looked a little shaky.

I've only half watched this as I was at work but feels like the most fairly scored event of the Europeans so far? We shall see tomorrow though - as Gleb Smolkin says "At this competitions we don’t look at the scores. There’re judges, they change, there will be new judges for the free dance". So who knows what will happen!
They've been preoccupied with nursing his back and probably working on the FD which scored quite low by their standards in Russia.

Peepsquick

I found SinKats today messy and dry. That wasn't 87. It was worse in my mind to what they did in Rostelecom. I wonder if they're just bored of the dance itself? Or just saving energy for the FD? But as a dance it just felt empty.

G/F though were lit today. Everyone says Kats is the best here, maybe from knees down and just raw speed, but I love the total package that is Fabbri. His posture and styling was second to none here.

Off to watch the others.
I agree with you on finding S/K much better at Rostelecom. It was cleaner and very good. Today was a bit lackluster but it must be horrible to perform with a wrecked back.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Am I the only one not taken by G/F ? I always find them a bit boring ...:slinkaway
His Height alone would be boring, I will admit I have never seen any skate of F/G. The LACK of height difference really bothers me. whenever i see a thumbnail with G/F I skip their videos.

Ice Dance and Pairs RULE: Lack of Height, You LOSE !

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
They've been preoccupied with nursing his back and probably working on the FD which scored quite low by their standards in Russia.
Well, their FD at Rostelecom was a hot mess compared to their NHK performance. They need to show better than they did in Sochi.

Bigbird

I agree with you on finding S/K much better at Rostelecom. It was cleaner and very good. Today was a bit lackluster but it must be horrible to perform with a wrecked back.
True. So at the very least score them appropriately. The last three elements were a hot mess.

Peepsquick

Seconded. Anybody who skips over Guignard/Fabbri, especially for shallow reasons, are a skating fan I can never see eye-to-eye with. Never seeing any of their performances during the 2018-19 season really is a loss.
I watched all of them. I can appreciate their dynamism. They look like they do everything right but they lack the extra-something (and please, don't kill me but I had the same impression with the Shibutanis). So ...

Bigbird

I watched all of them. I can appreciate their dynamism. They look like they do everything right but they lack the extra-something (and please, don't kill me but I had the same impression with the Shibutanis). So ...
And funnily enough, SinKats has the look speed and big skating but no wow factor, innovative content, or originality IMHO. But still, they are first. I really also liked the catlike softness of the Lithuanians today. What says everything in ice dance has to be about appearances and speed?

VGThuy

I wasn't talking about you in my post. I don't care if you like them or not. You're not the one who refuses to watch them because he's short and actively skips over their performances. And I don't care if you don't like the Shibs either. They don't have to prove anything.

Peepsquick

I wasn't talking about you in my post. I don't care if you like them or not. You're not the one who refuses to watch them because he's short and actively skips over their performances. And I don't care if you don't like the Shibs either. They don't have to prove anything.
I know ... and I respect your own preferences. I just personally can't get to the point where I really enjoy either and I should be allowed to say it without targeting you ( The "Don't Kill me .." was a general statement because many posters love both teams).

Peepsquick

And funnily enough, SinKats has the look speed and big skating but no wow factor, innovative content, or originality IMHO. But still, they are first. I really also liked the catlike softness of the Lithuanians today. What says everything in ice dance has to be about appearances and speed?
I usually enjoy speed in S/B twizzles. They are quite spectacular. S/K's twizzles are not as well executed.

sap5

But I must say I love the technique coming out of the IAM school they are geniuses of hiding any and all difficulty. It's really impressive.
IAM does such a good job with packaging that I get fooled into thinking that teams like S/D are much better skaters than they actually are. It’s only when I watch for the second time that I’m like…hmm, wait a minute….

love_skate2011

Banned Member
compare to other short men like Jean Luc, Parson, Diaz and Ponomarenko
I think Fabri sets the record as the shortest amongst them ? thats really disturbing

Andrea82

Euro spots for next year

Russia 3
Spain 3
Italy 2 (they need to work hard on the second couple because after 2 seasons we can say that Moscheni/Fioretti is not working. Missing the cut here even with Georgia and Finland freeing two spots)
Great Britain 2
Lithuania 2 (even more luck for Ramanauskaite/Kizala)
France 2
Ukraine 2

dancing_on_ice

ISU World Standings are updated after Euros, so we have our complete last group for the rhythm dance. Sinitsina/Katsalapov will be skating last.

1) Sinitsina/Katsalapov
2) Chock/Bates
3) Guignard/Fabbri
4) Gilles/Poirier
5) Hubbell/Donohue

bcash

Everyone seemed a little sloppy today, except for S/B.
Again I'm puzzled as to why some people call K wooden and worship Hurtado. Watch their character steps: With him, every move is powered from the mid-back, whereas she was arm-flailing strictly from the shoulders.
And man does Zhulin have terrible taste --- that character step sequence from S/K was awful.

On My Own

Again I'm puzzled as to why some people call K wooden and worship Hurtado. Watch their character steps: With him, every move is powered from the mid-back, whereas she was arm-flailing strictly from the shoulders.
I didn't know people thought Khaliavin was wooden. This is exactly what I have thought, at least with this program. I also thought he gave more feeling of power and sexuality as a result of that, Hurtado just looked sloppy and closed off.

Peepsquick

I will never understand how someone like G/F cans score above 120, just look at him he is SOO Short !!
though I admit I havent watched any G/F Program since 2016 just to compare them to S/B
It doesn't bother me at all: they are evenly matched size-wise. Why should a guy tower over his partner? I do not find the height differential between C/B particularly appealing. It helps Evan tremendously with the acrobatics but Marco pulls his weight quite nicely. They have great lifts. Don't see the issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information