Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
What I liked about the script and Kidman's portrayal of her was not simply Ball's ambition, but her technical knowledge, ability to analyze and articulate why something worked and didn't and what she wanted, and her refusal to accept anything other than the best it could be.

I agree that Sorkin could have chosen someone more plausible ETA: than Holliday.

It really is a shame that Arnaz couldn't have been a star as a leading man/romantic hero given the complex emotional connection he created on a small screen in a comedy, plus the :swoon: looks.

Last edited:

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I haven't watched Being the Ricardos yet, but I did see an interview with Luci Arnaz, who saw the movie before it was released. She positively gushed over the leads' portrayals of her parents. She said that Nicole Kidman really got the essence of her mother.

annie720

I haven't watched Being the Ricardos yet, but I did see an interview with Luci Arnaz, who saw the movie before it was released. She positively gushed over the leads' portrayals of her parents. She said that Nicole Kidman really got the essence of her mother.
Agree! I was most impressed with Nicole. After watching a couple of days ago, we started watching the original episodes on Hulu that were mentioned in the film. We were in stitches, especially my kids who haven't really watched the show. So so funny!

shan

I haven't watched Being the Ricardos yet, but I listened to a TMC podcast about Lucille Ball called The Plot Thickens (it's the third season), that was excellent. I've never seen an episode of I Love Lucy in my life and I was fascinated.
Just finished the podcast. Thanks for mentioning it here, it was great! :)

Cachoo

HBOMAX added “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” but I’ve yet to see it. They also have the new Matrix film. I guess I was in the mood for documentaries instead watching “Beanie Mania” and “The Super Bob Einstein Movie” about the late comic called Super Dave. That was excellent. Fox also aired a docu about John Madden made some months ago so Madden was able to see it before his death. He was a remarkable man.

sk9tingfan

Unless you're a March Madness devotee, March is going to be epic from other perspectives.

March 13th: Premiere of Season 6 of Outlander on Starz
March 13th: Premiere of Season 2 of Sanditon on PBS
March 25th: Premiere of Season 2 of Bridgerton on Netflix

This will help the post-Olympic letdown!

Cachoo

Unless you're a March Madness devotee, March is going to be epic from other perspectives.

March 13th: Premiere of Season 6 of Outlander on Starz
March 13th: Premiere of Season 2 of Sanditon on PBS
March 25th: Premiere of Season 2 of Bridgerton on Netflix

This will help the post-Olympic letdown!
Awesome! But I'm also a March Madness devotee. I will be ready for that first four day weekend with plenty of popcorn. Between the Olympics and the sports we like outside of the Games and these streaming services---I am in danger of major couch potato time.

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

Awesome! But I'm also a March Madness devotee. I will be ready for that first four day weekend with plenty of popcorn. Between the Olympics and the sports we like outside of the Games and these streaming services---I am in danger of major couch potato time.
A good problem to have. Starting in the 80's, I moved to CT and initially could not relate to the basketball focus because of UCONN. But it got to the point when I routinely used to run into and recognize Rebecca Lobo, usually outside restaurants in my town or the next one over.

Hindernisse

I watched first episodes of Emily in Paris Season 2 last night. It is so bad indeed. Why on earth would you take a night train from Paris to Saint-Tropez when there is a TGV which will get you there in under 5 hours? She also stays in a hotel in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat while partying in Saint-Tropez which is a 2h drive away :lol:

Judy

I watched first episodes of Emily in Paris Season 2 last night. It is so bad indeed. Why on earth would you take a night train from Paris to Saint-Tropez when there is a TGV which will get you there in under 5 hours? She also stays in a hotel in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat while partying in Saint-Tropez which is a 2h drive away :lol:
I think you’re supposed to ignore details 😂

Stefanie

It is so bad I can’t stop watching it. She is the stereotypical Ugly American. 😅 And I love how she keeps getting screwed by Sylvie.

LeafOnTheWind

I somehow missed that there is a season 2 of The Promised Neverland on Hulu. I will have to start watching that once I get through some of the current queues.

Cachoo

Dopesick for want of a better word is so addictive.
Yes...and it is interesting watching it and recognizing buzzwords and campaigns the Sackler's initiated that were adopted by so many hospitals. Palliative care is a thing and important. But they completely abused this along with their ridiculous campaign that oxy was not addictive. Not only do I wonder about the people (me included) who were prescribed this **** and suffered for it---I also wonder about those people truly in dire pain who suffered more when the medical community pulled back once they realized how lethal this stuff was for people. This family made everyone suffer. As for the show....those two lawyers who went against all odds to confront the problem are bigger than any superhero in my book.

Cachoo

I love the writer Frederick Bachmann and I binged "Anxious People" on Netflix. It is funny, bittersweet and clever and I stayed up the night to watch it. Bachmann is a treasure and this limited series reminds people that there is more than one way to solve a problem.

Cachoo

I finished watching “Station Eleven” on HBOMAX. This was such an emotionally satisfying science fiction series. It speaks to our ability to carry on after a catastrophe and to do so with some panache. There are a number of changes made from the book. I like them. I don’t think it changes the message of the book.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

We have been catching up with new seasons of favorite series. We just finished season 4 of "Cobra Kai" and found it entertaining, as usual. (I think I liked it better than season 3.) The most recent season of "Call the Midwife" was also pretty diverting and satisfying. It really impresses me how that show has gone on for so many years, yet the level of writing, topicality, and emotional investment in the characters is always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information