Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
And kudos to the USFS for getting as many of our women who could qualify for the Olympic team our on the fall international circuit!
I count a total of 10 different women assigned to 7 Challengers (including Bell, Harrell & Tennell assigned to Golden Spin) - Liu (2 golds), Shin (bronze, 4th), Chen (4th & 6th), Andrews (2 5ths), Glenn (10th), and Izzo & Thorngren coming up this week at Warsaw Cup.

peibeck

Simply looking
But it's @peibeck's absolute favorite version! :p

I actually like the score of "Sunset Boulevard," and I saw all the star "Norma Desmonds" in its Broadway run, and by far the worst singer of them all was Glenn Close. Having the glam and gloss of multimillion dollar costumes, sets, and lighting helped mitigate the ear strain, but we sure aren't getting those in an ice rink. 😛

There are other full and partial cast recordings of the show I wish skaters would chose. Any skater reading this who is considering this score and wants suggestions, just send me a PM. I'm begging. Please... no more Glenn Close "singing." 😂

olympic

Since 2019 JGP Courchevel in August 2019! Her solid showing (171.51) in the Henderson, NV qualifying last month likelt led to this assignment. :)

U.S. women (3) assigned to Golden Spin:

Mariah BELL
Hanna HARRELL
Bradie TENNELL
Subs: Amber GLENN, Gabriella IZZO
Wait. Bradie is going? So, she is OK?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Wait. Bradie is going? So, she is OK?
She's been entered by the USFS. Who knows if she'll actually go. At this point, I'd say that there is a strong chance she'll be withdrawn and replaced by one of the alternates.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Gracie Gold skated a clean short program in GA. Clean 3Lz3T, 2A and 3LO. Protocols below

That’s amazing and the fact that she’s so far ahead in first place. I hope this gives her the confidence I know she’s been looking for.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I have to admit I find Alysa's SP 'juniorish'. I get what she and her team are going for but I found that the choreography is a bit rushed and thus some of her positions are ill-defined. This, along with the constant smiles, gave the impression of a rather 'immature' skater.
It got Samodourova two GP medals, a GPF berth, a European championship, and top 10 at her only Worlds, all in the same season, for Burlesque, about which I would say the same, so...

Maximillian

RIP TA
It got Samodourova two GP medals, a GPF berth, a European championship, and top 10 at her only Worlds, all in the same season, for Burlesque, about which I would say the same, so...
I never said Liu couldn't make top ten at worlds and win medals on the GP (which she did not), so...I said her medalling at Worlds and Olympics this year is dependent on the field, not her own efforts. Which it is. The three Russians, and at LEAST two Japanese ladies (Kihira if healthy and Sakamoto), if they skate clean will defeat her even if she skates clean.

After watching her at NHK, I must say I was impressed with her skating skills, particularly her mastery over the blade, that entrance into the 3A and the footwork sequence in the LP were swoon-worthy. With that said, there's still some questions about full rotations, she rushes her choreography and her upper body movements lack clarity. She doesn't have the jump consistency of the Russians or the PCS of the Japanese (and some of the South Koreans).

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I was responding to your comment that her skating looks juniorish/immature. All I'm saying is that juniorish didn't stop at least one other skater from getting all of the points. Not that I expect Liu to.

Jammers

Gracie Gold’s SP score of 67+ at the USFS qualifier would’ve had her in a solid 3rd place in Warsaw Cup. Different judging panels of course but still fun to ponder. 😉
Really when you think about it a prime Gracie could crawl on the ice and make the US team as it is right now that's how talented she was though she was almost as inconsistent as some of the US girls now.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
As far as the USA Olympic team I have no idea… I guess Alysa, and then any mix of Karen, Amber, Bradie and Gracie.... lolz why not

I was considering Lindsey… I’ll have to check Warsaw free program still

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Wait a minute...does Gracie have international minimums for 4cc, Worlds or Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information