Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I thought it was funny that she said that she had never watched the "Tessa & Scott" reality show in this podcast, when she had talked about what she thought about certain scenes of the show in her interview with TSL. Maybe she forgot that she had watched it. I haven't watched it since it first came out, but for me, it was an unforgettable experience. :lol:

She might have watched rough cuts of the episodes before they were broadcast. I doubt they would have signed on to the show without some control over what made it into the episodes and what didn't.

The main two things I remember about the show are how it tried to portray Meryl Davis as Tessa's EVILLE rival, and this scene where Patrick Chan warned Tessa away from EVILLE serial abuser Jian Ghomeshi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmDLvkcjgg

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
The one factor about this discussion that people are not mentioning is what V/M had to endure in the past 3 years in terms of social media responses - not sure how much people are aware of but they were both bullied, harassed, and stalked (both cyber stalked and real-life stalked) along with their families and friends. I would imagine that it's a big factor in how much they choose to share on social media (for Scott it's nothing at all, for Tessa, it's only the business side of her life and not her private life). I think they were both burned heavily from being in the public eye and that's why they handle their private lives the way they do, including the current level of closeness of their friendship. In their shoes, I would have done the exact same.
ETA: and that's without even mentioning the fact that a psycho runs a blog full of lies about them for over a decade...
Did they ever get a restraining order against that blogger? It isn't easy being in the public eye and especially around 2018 when everyone wanted a piece of them.

AR130

Did they ever get a restraining order against that blogger? It isn't easy being in the public eye and especially around 2018 when everyone wanted a piece of them.
Weirdly enough, as bad as That Crazy Blog is, I think the tumblr/twitter trolls are far worse — they stoke a lot of hatred which ends up being posted publicly or sent directly to VM and those close to them. It’s incredibly crazy and toxic.

It’s a great point that Tessa and Scott have undoubtedly been affected by the craziness online. Maybe it’s because she’s a celebrity and is dating a famous athlete, but Tessa has been more public about her personal life than I would have expected. That said, given the craziness directed at them, it’s reasonable for VM to keep their friendship private. I think we will see them do stuff together in the future, as they have a huge legacy in the sport, but they’ll be selective about it for sure.

I think Tessa watched the show. She said as much when they did their press post-Sochi. Scott said he didn’t watch it, and I think that’s generally true though he might have seen some parts. He mentioned once that it confused his grandparents when they saw it in reruns. In their 2013-2014 media comments, it seemed like he was very reluctant to do the show, while Tessa was more into it. But I think they both assert that they haven’t seen it to cut off further inquiries about it.

canbelto

Tessa's not really hiding her personal life. I mean, her bf Morgan Reilly can be seen in the background of some of her videos.

Sylvia

TBD
Tessa has a new partnership with Microsoft
Tessa made an appearance on CTV Morning Live this week for it:
One of her biggest pursuits is to constantly push beyond her comfort zone. This is why she enrolled in Queen's University's executive MBA program.
The studies are challenging, but she shared that there has been so much support from peers and instructors.
Navigating studies during a pandemic can add elevated stress. However, Virtue shared that she has been staying connected using her Microsoft Surface.
;)

Sonata

It's Tiktok Tuesday and the 20th anniversary of Moulin Rouge, yet Tessa has not posted anything about the anniversary. Egads! Social media team. This Instagram post writes itself!

Judy

Haha! I'm glad she finally figured it out right before 10pm Eastern time. Maybe she doesn't have a social media team after all? Why isn't she following Nicole Kidman on Instagram? I've known about this anniversary since yesterday!
Cute. I think she does have a social media person or team though.

angi

I honestly think it's super impressive that her Instagram posts about her and Scott's skating careers can still generate such a huge social media response more than 3 years after the Olympics. Her Pyeongchang anniversary post got almost 80K likes and almost every other posts about them get ~40K likes, there's still a big audience for it, and considering they are figure skaters and not athletes from some highly popular sport it really goes to show what a phenomenon they were during the games and how lasting the impact they made is.

dramagrrl

Scott confirmed today that he is the father of a seven-month-old baby girl. He told the Russian press that he hopes his daughter's role model will be Tessa.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'll wait for official confirmation. It's strange to me that the Russian media would know about this before the Canadian press. I know there is a Russian website where anyone can self-publish an article but not sure that's the one.

Lemonade20

I'll wait for official confirmation. It's strange to me that the Russian media would know about this before the Canadian press. I know there is a Russian website where anyone can self-publish an article but not sure that's the one.
Agreed, it's super weird. You know the Russians, always looking for the next angle and if they can't find it, create a new one.

greenapple

It is true. One of the skaters in Montreal let it slip during an interview in July that Scott had become a father, but the writer opted not to include in his story because Moir had not announced it.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It is true. One of the skaters in Montreal let it slip during an interview in July that Scott had become a father, but the writer opted not to include in his story because Moir had not announced it.
Not surprised he hadn't announced it. Happy for the both of them that they got to experience their pregnancy, the birth and the last few months privately.

VarBar

Scott confirmed today that he is the father of a seven-month-old baby girl. He told the Russian press that he hopes his daughter's role model will be Tessa.

Is Tessa the mother of the child? Because I'm thinking it would be really weird of Scott to say he'd like Tessa to be his daughter's role model if she were not the mother.

quartz

scratching at the light
Tessa was dating Toronto Maple Leaf’s player Morgan Reilly. They live in Vancouver? Heck of a commute for him!

canbelto

Tessa was dating Toronto Maple Leaf’s player Morgan Reilly. They live in Vancouver? Heck of a commute for him!

This article said they live in Vancouver:

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ That was during the p*ndemic last year.

Oct. 8th article:
Rielly is a smart guy, a wicked deadpan and respected teammate. When you speak to him, however, you’re often left with the feeling that he could say much more if he wished.

Publicly, Rielly plays it private — as is his right. But he’ll pipe up if something must be said.

Surely the Amazon Prime cameras would’ve loved to gather footage of home life with Rielly and double Olympic figure skating gold medallist girlfriend Tessa Virtue. Yet the Leafs alternate captain and No. 1 defenceman is barely featured in the four-hour series.
Tessa seems to be enjoying herself in Barcelona (per her Instagram & recent stories).

angi

It's worth mentioning that this pic was taken from Scott's mom personal social media account as part of some of V/M's disturbing fans' cyberstalking. They spread it around saying it's probably Scott's child. I don't think this picture belongs here.
There's a good reason why Scott kept this private for so long and I wish their privacy will be more respected. He didn't choose to go public with his child's name and definitely not with her picture, we should respect that, especially when a child is involved.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

Aww that's exciting! I don't blame him, he's allowed to have his privacy. Wasn't there a blogger who was obsessed with him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information