Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
:40beers: They are just skating at a level above every other team right now. This break did not degrade their skating quality at all.

I'm very uneasy about the posing section during the no touch steps. Guillame is on his knees for a part, with no weight on the blade... It should be considered a fall by the technical panel:

Kneeling or sliding on two knees or sitting on the ice is not allowed and it will be considered by the Technical Panel as a fall...

Last edited:

Bigbird

:40beers: They are just skating at a level above every other team right now. This break did not degrade their skating quality at all.

I'm very uneasy about the posing section during the no touch steps. Guillame is on his knees for a part, with no weight on the blade... It should be considered a fall by the technical panel:

Is he on both knees or one knee? Too nervous to watch it.

Bigbird

Is there ever anything you actually like? No need to answer. :p

Anyway the brief snippets I have seen make me able to declare that it will be the crime of the century if these two don’t become Olympic champions next February.
YES. To all of this.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I'm kinda meh about the blues section. It currently feels a little soulless for them, and I think they could do better with different music. But I like the rest as much as any RD this season.
I agree but IMO it's the whole RD theme that doesn't work at all this season. How can you render those rythms when you're engonced in something THAT rigid. Bad idea for an oly season.

Peepsquick

I'm very uneasy about the posing section
during the no touch steps. Guillame is on his knees for a part, with no weight on the blade... It should be considered a fall by the technical panel:

I was really hopeful that the break would not make a difference! I think that it is really revealing of the intrinsic quality of their skating (remember the 2016 season, when Gabi was off skates for months...).
Re: posing section, I hope they change it ... their dances always follow an evolution.

Peepsquick

I'm kinda meh about the blues section. It currently feels a little soulless for them, and I think they could do better with different music. But I like the rest as much as any RD this season.
Yeah, not crazy about the Blues section as well ... I don't care for the music and it is a bit bland imo.

Enchanted

Are the women allowed to wear trousers this season for the RD? I’d like to see Gabriella wearing (fake) leather pants as well. Cizeron’s costume is perfect.

The program is very strong. Considering how long they’ve been away from competition, their skating is excellent at this point of a season.

deegee

the construction of the program and execution of the dance movements has the level of integrity of green and parson's fd this year BUT with much much higher quality skating skills. taken all together, there is not another team that touches them rn.

i'm obsessed with this rd.

deegee

Are the women allowed to wear trousers this season for the RD? I’d like to see Gabriella wearing (fake) leather pants as well. Cizeron’s costume is perfect.

The program is very strong. Considering how long they’ve been away from competition, their skating is excellent at this point of a season.
i think gabby is the only woman NOT wearing pants for the fd this year 😆

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Yeah, not crazy about the Blues section as well ... I don't care for the music and it is a bit bland imo.
The music transitions are a bit jarring especially the first one into the blues. I love the waacking bits though I wish the whole program was just that.
Don't know if it's Cizeron leather pants effect or not but his free leg extension during the pattern is just jawdropping. It's also great to see them so ready early in the season and exploring sharper movements which they execute brilliantly.

Last edited:

coralline

D

Don’t worry, according to rules for RD:

“- Touching the ice with any part of the body to perform typical street dance movements during the Step Sequence Style B is allowed.

- A single movement or series of movements performed by one or both partners with a duration of not more than 5 secs per movement or series of movements may be included within any part of the Step Sequence including the permitted stop.

- Duration - up to a maximum of 5 seconds per each movement or movements (counted from the first moment either partner touches the
ice with any part of the body)”

Orm Irian

Don’t worry, according to rules for RD:

“- Touching the ice with any part of the body to perform typical street dance movements during the Step Sequence Style B is allowed.

- A single movement or series of movements performed by one or both partners with a duration of not more than 5 secs per movement or series of movements may be included within any part of the Step Sequence including the permitted stop.

- Duration - up to a maximum of 5 seconds per each movement or movements (counted from the first moment either partner touches the
ice with any part of the body)”
Excellent to know that the rules have been adjusted to allow for ice contact this season! It makes sense given the amount of floor work involved in some forms of street dance.

I'm really enjoying this program. The level of detail in their hand and arm work is wonderful. I particularly love the arm rolls in the third set of twizzles, they're so sneaky and good. :lol:

And normally the whole politics side of this sport sets my teeth right on edge, but given that it exists I do have to say I appreciate that they and the FFSG are doing an active relaunch campaign for their Olympic season. They've certainly started it well!

ETA: I think part of the reason I appreciate the campaign is that it will serve to inform judges who may not be aware of the existence of waacking that they are are actually working with a real dance style with a fifty-year history.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
i think gabby is the only woman NOT wearing pants for the
I'm really enjoying this program. The level of detail in their hand and arm work is wonderful. I particularly love the arm rolls in the third set of twizzles, they're so sneaky and good. :lol:

I noticed that too (only watched it once) and was impressed.

Like others, I'm indifferent, at best, to the blues section.

Miloune

I missed them so much I have trouble realising that that's it, the season started and we'll be treated to P/C greatness again!!! I really hope that's not their last season!!! But I think I'm hoping in vain ...😥

Oh and I wish I could have a slow motion of their arm movements, especially in the 3rd twizzles! It's so fast!

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I missed them so much I have trouble realising that that's it, the season started and we'll be treated to P/C greatness again!!! I really hope that's not their last season!!! But I think I'm hoping in vain ...😥

Oh and I wish I could have a slow motion of their arm movements, especially in the 3rd twizzles! It's so fast!
Hit the parameters button and play it at half speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information