Dalilah Sappenfield suspended for "allegations of misconduct"

LeafOnTheWind

It says temporary. Does anyone know if this is restrictions while they are investigating or the result of an investigation? And for how long?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
That link is pretty useless. She has been around a gazillion years. What do people think she has done?

skatingguy

decently
Link to the US Center for SafeSport.

AxelAnnie

Oh, genius answer! So very helpful.....and adds so much to the conversation.

I wanted to know what kind of abuse. Did she flog them? Starve them? Keep them in a closet? Sexually abuse them? Shame them?

rfisher

Let the skating begin

I wanted to know what kind of abuse. Did she flog them? Starve them? Keep them in a closet? Sexually abuse them? Shame them?
Come on. You've been on FSU a long time. Even you can't be clueless to all the discussion about Sappenfield the past three years. You are being deliberately obtuse.

Willin

That link is pretty useless. She has been around a gazillion years. What do people think she has done?

That I know of, she allegedly:

-Helped cover up allegations against TJ Nyman and John Coughlin

-Encouraged relationships between legal adult male skaters and much younger underage female skaters

-Herself engaged in inappropriate relationships with much younger male skaters

-Committed some financial fraud or other illegal tax stuff (not 100% sure on this one)

Again, all allegations, but all really bad. I’m not sure what all 12 are, but I would assume those four encompass most of it. I’m also sure we’ll learn more soon about what the specifics are.
Rumor has it that TJ Nyman is also being investigated as part of the same investigation, so I would assume his status will be updated soon.

AxelAnnie

That I know of, she allegedly:

-Helped cover up allegations against TJ Nyman and John Coughlin

-Encouraged relationships between legal adult male skaters and much younger underage female skaters

-Herself engaged in inappropriate relationships with much younger male skaters

-Committed some financial fraud or other illegal tax stuff (not 100% sure on this one)

Again, all allegations, but all really bad. I’m not sure what all 12 are, but I would assume those four encompass most of it. I’m also sure we’ll learn more soon about what the specifics are.
Rumor has it that TJ Nyman is also being investigated as part of the same investigation, so I would assume his status will be updated soon.
Thanks so much. SO GROSS! What the heck is wrong with people? She is a "public" figure. How in the world did she think she was not going to be "outed"?

AxelAnnie

About time.

Also I cannot believe that someone who is a regular poster on this board can be so obtuse as to question what she has done.
Sorry. Never read anything (that stuck in my brain) about her.....well, except she is really fat (which is not a great example to be setting for her skaters.

caseyedwards

Allegations are only allegations they are not truth

But let’s say she was running what’s basically a rape camp no one ever calling the cops is so sick! I mean everyone must be really sick mentally

not unique of course
gymnastics had rape camps
Football had rape camps
Catholic Church had rape camps

people see rapes- learn of rapes- the most common thing to do is look away and enable. Human nature

plus victim denial they are being raped too. Most people who are raped don’t even admit to themselves

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Allegations are only allegations they are not truth

But let’s say she was running what’s basically a rape camp no one ever calling the cops is so sick! I mean everyone must be really sick mentally

There's enough "allegations" here for SafeSport to take action. And how dare you suggest that no one ever "called the cops". Talk about victim-blaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information