2020-21 Canadian Pairs News & Updates

ChiquitaBanana

Another retired pairs guy missing the spotlight? Comeback for Charlie? Lol...
That comment has a sour taste to it when you consider that the documentary is about how skating left them broken inside. How the system doesn’t let them speak about burnout, PTSD or eating disorder. I would likely recommend you watch the documentary before trashtalking. Charlie might not be the most wonderful human being on this planet but this documentary is nothing about his ego or wanting spotlight.

clairecloutier

I came across an article about Seguin and Bilodeau. It's a bit oddly written (translated?), and I am not familiar with this news source. The article says that Julianne is suffering long-term concussion effects and "depends on her parents for washing, cleaning, and preparing meals." But it doesn't give many more details of her current condition nor what the long-term medical outlook is.

cgirl8

I came across an article about Seguin and Bilodeau. It's a bit oddly written (translated?), and I am not familiar with this news source. The article says that Julianne is suffering long-term concussion effects and "depends on her parents for washing, cleaning, and preparing meals." But it doesn't give many more details of her current condition nor what the long-term medical outlook is.

That is a google translation of this article in Le Journal de Montréal.

It is part of a bigger look into the abuses in figure skating covered in the new documentary Pression. Le Journal de Montréal published 6 articles today as part of an investigation in conjunction with the film.
Linked in the article is an interview that Julianne and the director Marie-Christine Noël did with a quebecois sports podcast Avantage NumériQ (https://omny.fm/shows/jean-francois-baril/pression-un-documentaire-qui-pr-sente-lenvers-du-p) where she talks about the daily struggles she still faces. In the interview she mentions that she is working with a neurologist and hope that they will be able to find a solution in the future to mitigate at least some of the symptoms.

Sylvia

TBD
Kirsten M-T & Michael M. are conversing live right now on the Cafecito con Masha YT channel (started at 6:30 pm ET): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opy-ueFEPs4

ETA:

Kirsten said Julie Marcotte has choreographed their FS program and they are using someone new for their SP choreography.

Before Worlds, they were planning to use a composition by Eric Radford for ther SP music but now... :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information