Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

becca

He's so young, he won't remember though.
True. But I think that if kids meet and interact when they are young and continue when they are older. They might not remember everything but they will remember that build a bond. I grew up with some of my cousins and I don’t remember meeting them they were always there.

To be frank these may be the only cousins close to his age Archie will have given that Meghan is not close with her family.

it may not affect the Cambridge kids as much because they will have Pippa’s kids and their second cousins.

Plus it might be hard for Meghan to have a 25 month old by herself while she is that pregnant of course she does have her mom and help...

becca

😂😂😂. Very true. I doubt he would be going because of the ********* situation. I know I wouldn’t personally take the risk if he was my child.
Yeah that is why very reasonablely it’s a no. But hey Prince Phillip got to see all his grandchildren’s weddings.

I kind of agree that it’s not like Diana’s death he lived a very full life and I think he said he didn’t want to hit 100.

While I am sure it’s hard for his family it’s also one of those cases that sometimes your willing to see them go if they are in pain and his health was failing. I know when my Grandma passed away while I was sad I also felt it was time.

MsZem

I see the sea
Yeah that is why very reasonablely it’s a no. But hey Prince Phillip got to see all his grandchildren’s weddings.
He did not, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are too young to be marrying anyone any time soon.

I don't think a trip to attend a funeral, solo, during a pandemlc, is the best time to bring along a toddler. I imagine Archie's parents feel the same.

becca

He did not, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are too young to be marrying anyone any time soon.

I don't think a trip to attend a funeral, solo, during a pandemlc, is the best time to bring along a toddler. I imagine Archie's parents feel the same.
Aww I forgot about them but yes the pandemic traveling may not be a good idea

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes but George & Charlotte probably will. And the older ones would probably love it if he came.
True.
I think that a 10-1/2 hour flight with 23-month old Archie might also be a bit memorable for Harry. :shuffle:
Also, true.

I did it with a 3-year-old once. :yikes: I don't recommend that.

Though I would expect that Archie has his own nanny who could go with him. And there would be people to carry luggage and car seats and such. The CV is a better reason for him to stay home.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
i didn’t like Harry giving that interview with his Grandfather so sick but I hear they kept Phillip away from all that. Families forgive and he was clear he loved his grandparents I do believe they were good to him.
I read that they were telling Phillip a bit at a time. I know families forgive. 's
For someone who wants/needs to be forgivin there needs to be 3 things in place (on Harry's end, or anyone elses'"
1. Acknowledge you have done something wrong.
2. Promise it will never happen again.
3. Ask for forgiveness.

I have seen none of the above from Harry. Did he? Will he? Who knows?
However his public actions show a lack of repentance and acknowledgment.

On the parr of the Royal Family, sure they can forgive them. Will relationships be the same. Most certainly not. I do not think that Harry and certianly not Meghan think that they did nothing wrong.

I wish he had sought forgiveness BEFORE his 99 year old grandfather died. I think it would have meant a lot to both of them.

AxelAnnie

I kind of agree that it’s not like Diana’s death he lived a very full life and I think he said he didn’t want to hit 100.

While I am sure it’s hard for his family it’s also one of those cases that sometimes your willing to see them go if they are in pain and his health was failing. I know when my Grandma passed away while I was sad I also felt it was t
It is hard. And very selfish in the true sense of the world to NOT see this beloved person. Sometimes you have to do the thing that is hard because it is the right thing to do. Harry was cowardly and selfish. Philip did live both a long and wonderful life. But that has nothing to do with showing his grandfather kindness, love, and respect.

Harry will regret not having seen his grandfather since moving away. One would think he would have learned that life is precious, and fleeting with the death of his mother.

AxelAnnie

Just saw that Harry will fly back to the UK for Prince Philip’s funeral. Meghan will not attend as she did not receive clearance from her physician to fly so late in her pregnancy.
I think Harry is going to be VERY surprised at the reception he gets polite but not warm. From the family and the British people.

becca

It is hard. And very selfish in the true sense of the world to NOT see this beloved person. Sometimes you have to do the thing that is hard because it is the right thing to do. Harry was cowardly and selfish. Philip did live both a long and wonderful life. But that has nothing to do with showing his grandfather kindness, love, and respect.

Harry will regret not having seen his grandfather since moving away. One would think he would have learned that life is precious, and fleeting with the death of his mother.
We were in a world wide pandemic. It may not have been safe to see his Grandfather. It might have put him danger. They did Zoom

I didn’t agree with the interview but I am not going to blame Harry for leaving if it benefited his family and how was he to know a world wide pandemic would happen.

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
The press are reporting Harry arrived yesterday afternoon at Heathrow, unsurprisingly alone.
Presumably he’ll be quarantining now but will be allowed to attend the funeral.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The press are reporting Harry arrived yesterday afternoon at Heathrow, unsurprisingly alone.
Presumably he’ll be quarantining now but will be allowed to attend the funeral.
I read he's supposed to quarentine for 5 days. When is the funeral?

VGThuy

It’s strange how people are getting emotionally involved with the private dynamics between grandfather and grandson as if the recently deceased Grandfather would appreciate some overly involved stranger with an obsession with his family talk smack about his grandson, no matter what sort of family dispute is going on.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
No they are not. FOX was pointing out that Prince Philip is said to have been furious at the inappropriate and untrue things said in the Opah interview. Prince Philip has spent a lifetime ,standing a step behind his wife and supporting her and his country.

The Sun

Oh thank challenge Harry"s claim re being close to his grandfather. People who care about., love and respect someone do not go on tv and crap on everything that professed close person has stood. .
Airing his rich and entitled laundry in front of the world whilst someone you care for and respect is 99 years old and gravely ill in hospital....give me a break.

For the eleven billionth time, Harry & Meghan likely did not have control over when the interview aired. And the Sun is a tabloid rag, so anything they report about what has been "said" is not reliable. For all you know, the person saying what was quoted could be the reporter at the next desk.

puglover

As I have been fairly critical of Harry and Meghan's decisions of late, I personally am very pleased to see them use their public platform in positive ways. Meghan writing and publishing a children's book about fathers and sons, with at least some emphasize on diversity, sounds quite delightful. I also have absolutely no issue with her identifying herself as the Duchess of Sussex.

Reactions: JJH

Judy

For the eleven billionth time, Harry & Meghan likely did not have control over when the interview aired. And the Sun is a tabloid rag, so anything they report about what has been "said" is not reliable. For all you know, the person saying what was quoted could be the reporter at the next desk.
Omg no sane person believes anything Fox says lol. That comment is meant for Axel Annie btw. It didn’t pick up her post.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Here in Wisconsin, the Packers QB wanting a trade is all the news. Actually heard a commentator compare the situation to Prince Harry leaving the UK. Smh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information