German Skating Season 2020-21

J

Jeschke

Sucks for Stoll, but with his results, no surprise 🤷🏼‍♂️
To me he has a good overall package, but with the jumps being such a hit and miss...😕

sandra_persch

Sad but understandable for Thomalla
I know she is trying to find a new partner but with the current situation its not easy.
German pair skating club mentions on the homepage that she is currently practicing Lukas Rösler but recently had knee surgery too.

J

Jeschke

All 3 remaining dance teams are entered for Egna Dance Trophy early February.
No GER junior teams entered.

Felicitas

Viictoria Lopusova/Asaf Kazimov have been added as Nr. 4 on the entry list for juniors.
Meanwhile Luft/Pfisterer have been removed from seniors.

Last edited:

sandra_persch

Looks like German Synchro and Youth (Jugend) NAtionals have been cancelled.

Novice and Junior Nationals have been postponed to Mid March

J

Jeschke

M/D are back in Russia with Krylova

sandra_persch

The German Fed has announced the Team for Stockholm - its the team that would have gone to last years Worlds.

Ladies - Nicole Schott / S - TBA until March 1st.
Men - Paul Fentz
Dance - Katharina Müller/Tim Dieck / S- Jennifer Janse van Rensburg/Benjamin Steffan
Pairs - Minerva Hase/Nolan Seegert + Annika Hocke/Robert Kunkel

J

Jeschke

No surprises here.
I would have decided the same;
season sucks for the upcoming generations, as I don't expect fed to go totally 'new' for olympics.
Only change I can see here (at this moment) might be in dance.

With gap so far, I can't see any guy or lady closing gap (due to PCS disadvantage alone).

sandra_persch

I would be lucky if they all got to do one more competition! and I really hope we don't have too many skaters retiring.

J

Jeschke

168.43 for Jvr/S at Egna Dance Trophy.
So this is a tie with M/D's international outing this seasin at CS HUN.

Dance seems the only :watch: discipline for olympics next season and they better make up some criteria with head-to-head events counting only 🙏

sandra_persch

Glad Jenni & Benjamin had a good competition.

Lets see if they will do one more event in March. Since they have to keep up training until after Worlds in case they are needed as substitute.

sandra_persch

Looked a bit scratchy and wobbly to me. Based on long break no surprise though.
Points are still decent though.
Steffan seems not to be in top shape too :saint:
Wonder how long they had to stay off the ice and in quarantine after their positive tests.
Hopefully it didnt impact their health too much.

Sabine-Yuna

Sports press agency SID has just written that Minerva Hase has ruptured her syndesmosis and H/S will be not going to compete at Worlds. Well, those two really have bad timing for olympic qualifications. 4 years ago they should have better not gone to Worlds to get to the Olympics. This year it would have been much easier to qualify for the Olympics if they would have done Worlds.

J

Jeschke

Oh boy, that really sucks for her and especially 🇩🇪 chances for 2 spots.
Top 10 seems like a big task for H/K imho.
1 spot would (at least) bring some drama next season but would be just 🆘
  • H/S really deserve to go after their progress
  • for H/K it would be really important for their way towards 2026.
Not to speak what happens when Aliona decides to come back or Blommaert will be back with whomever (with a passport).
:watch:

marie1616

Well now that Aljona is opening her own skating school I don't think she will come back but for H/S and H/K it really sucks.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well now that Aljona is opening her own skating school I don't think she will come back but for H/S and H/K it really sucks.
Clearly you don't follow her or Bruno on IG then. They’re definitely aiming for Beijing. Heck, if I was the German fed, I'd be calling them up right now, begging them to put some programs together to compete at Worlds next month because they'd be at least guaranteed a top 10 placement and that would give the #2 German team a chance to keep the spot at Nebelhorn.

marie1616

I do follow both of them in IG and as far as I know they trained for two weeks to perform at San Valentino on ice and now he is back in Switzerland coaching and she is in Oberstdorf and just announced her skating school. But I would be very happy if you are right. They are my favourite skaters.

Vagabond

Sabine-Yuna

Savchenko and Massot are thinking about 2022 according to news agency dpa:

(I don't have Bild, so I can't tell, how trustworthy this is.)
I do believe Savchenko would like to come back. But that's her thing. Bruno will not go on competitions again (why should he do this). But if there will be shows again, we'll probably see those two performing in the next years.

Quadjump

Clearly you don't follow her or Bruno on IG then. They’re definitely aiming for Beijing. Heck, if I was the German fed, I'd be calling them up right now, begging them to put some programs together to compete at Worlds next month because they'd be at least guaranteed a top 10 placement and that would give the #2 German team a chance to keep the spot at Nebelhorn.
No. Bruno will not compete. He would lose one year of time with his little children. They need new programs and Bruno has to lose 5 kg of weight. If they want to go for a medal they need the grand Prix as their first competitions which take place in in October (only 8 month). Alexander König is in Berlin so who will coach them? I do not see any chance.

Sabine-Yuna

German fed really knows their athletes. On their homepage they write about Hase/ Seegerts withdrawal of Worlds and mention Hocke/ Kunkel at the end, who are 8ths at EC as they write. As far as I remember they've earned 7th place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information