Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Sylvia

TBD

Bigbird

I really like their FD this year but I think maybe they should have taken a more tongue and cheek approach to the Burlesque RD. But just an opinion.

Sylvia

TBD
Fan Zone article by Darci Miller:
Excerpt:
They'll be back in the same environment at the U.S. Championships, with the rhythm dance held on Jan. 15 and the free dance on Jan. 16.
"We have that experience, seeing how well the event happened, and how everyone was able to stay healthy," Hubbell said. "I think that's a big asset, that security that we feel now going into nationals, where we kind of already know how it's going to work."
They may not yet know what it's like to be U.S. champions trying to win their title back, but regardless of the situation -- and with crowd noise or not -- Hubbell and Donohue are prepared to leave it all out on the ice.
"I think it's an easier position to be in than defending your title, honestly," Donohue said. "It's always easier to chase than it is to defend."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
By Jacquelyn Thayer:

ETA:

Jordan Cowan posted this "Hallelujah" FD clip, filmed on September 30, 2020, on Zach's 30th birthday (Jan. 8): https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzfji_LP3G/

Last edited:

VGThuy

Maybe they should have saved it for the Olympic year. It really plays to their strengths and I remember their “Hallelujah” SD was a huge crowd favorite.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Maybe they should have saved it for the Olympic year. It really plays to their strengths and I remember their “Hallelujah” SD was a huge crowd favorite.

I think this year was the right year for this to start building momentum for next season. They had two misses with their fd’s in 18-19 and 19-20. The key is to follow this up next season with something as good or better.

sap5

I think this year is actually the best year for it. Having a program that gives them good vibes is great to have during this tough year. Hopefully this experience energizes them for next year.

topaz

Gutted for Madison/Zach RD score/placement. They're not going to win, in fact they'll probably lose by more than 3 points.

VGThuy

Anything can happen. I said the same thing you guys are saying now at 2016 Nationals after the SD, and then we saw what happened. Madison and Zach are capable of having the performance of the night with their vehicles.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Holy Moly

Zachary Donahue, if you ever read this call me!!!!!

Stepping out for a cigarette and a whiskey after watching your short program

semogal

I loved their SD today. It showcases their strengths. And I love Madi's new costume. I was following along on another forum and wanted to reach into the computer and slap people for their negativity about it. I am disappointed that they are in second but ID is all about levels and they only managed a 3 on the Finnstep. That is the difference. Tomorrow is another day and I look forward to seeing their FD. Madison and Zach will leave it all on the ice and the rest is out of their hands. All we can do is love and support them (and virtually slap their detractors, lol).

angi

I'm not one to use "wuzrobbed" often (or at all), but to watch H/D finish second after that RD is infuriating and reminds me how annoyed I get when judges seem to ignore what happened on the ice and just score by their predetermined notions. I love C/B but their RD lacked speed and was very tentative while H/D attacked their RD, and while they had a small stumble they were also much stronger. My biggest concern is that it will hurt H/D in the long run, not only in the political game but mostly in their mind frame which seems much improved this season. In their eyes, I imagine it's finally a season with strong material they connect with and they perform it beautifully yet are not allowed to win. Sigh.

yurokis40

Congrats to them it looks like Scott Moir revitalized their career he clearly knows what there strenghs are. But lets not kid ourselves they will need something alot better than a program like Halleluja next year if they wanna contend for an olympic medal. The battle for these medals will be fierce, you have Pap ciz, the russians that are coming on strong and Piper and Paul improving leaps and bounds with every skate. notice I did not include chock and bates I feel the injuries and age is finally catching up to them the snake charmer program was a one time thing in my book, they were clearly on the out with the judges at worlds in 2019 they skated clean and still lost to a subpar Weaver and Poje.

topaz

Congrats to them it looks like Scott Moir revitalized their career he clearly knows what there strenghs are. But lets not kid ourselves they will need something alot better than a program like Halleluja next year if they wanna contend for an olympic medal. The battle for these medals will be fierce, you have Pap ciz, the russians that are coming on strong and Piper and Paul improving leaps and bounds with every skate. notice I did not include chock and bates I feel the injuries and age is finally catching up to them the snake charmer program was a one time thing in my book, they were clearly on the out with the judges at worlds in 2019 they skated clean and still lost to a subpar Weaver and Poje.
Are Piper and Paul improving or is it just Canadian politics? Piper Gilles is one of the weaker skaters out of the top 6 teams. Piper and Paul's big shot a world medal has passed(Montreal worlds).

Also, the whole program was not choreographed by Moir, he assisted the team and helped.

Chock/Bates did very well at GPF and they will continue to be competitive.

yurokis40

Are Piper and Paul improving or is it just Canadian politics? Piper Gilles is one of the weaker skaters out of the top 6 teams. Piper and Paul's big shot a world medal has passed(Montreal worlds).

Also, the whole program was not choreographed by Moir, he assisted the team and helped.

Chock/Bates did very well at GPF and they will continue to be competitive.
Piper and Paul beat H&D twice last year, beat both russian teams in the FD at the grand prix final , they are on the up too bad we had a lost season this year. Piper`s skating skills are on par with Chock and Stepanova.

topaz

Piper and Paul beat H&D twice last year, beat both russian teams in the FD at the grand prix final , they are on the up too bad we had a lost season this year. Piper`s skating skills are on par with Chock and Stepanova.

Piper/Paul beating H/D is mostly about politics in my opinion. They won the FD, not the RD. As I stated, Piper's skating in ONE of the weaker of the teams. I did not say weakest, I stated weaker. Madison Chock is better at lifts and spins than both Stepanova and Piper.

Also, the kind of programs they need are programs that accentuate/showcase their strengths. The push for S/B and G/P are largely based on politics. Canada NEEDS to have leading/prominent dance team to have any chance at Team medal in the Olympics. Russia is pushing S/B so they can dominate the dance scene. Neither of these teams should be beating H/D(if H/D skate without mistakes and hit their levels) based on the skating ability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information