Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I am happy Amber learned and tried 3A. But i understand why the US Feds chose Karen. Karen's skating/style is more refined, and she has more experience. Amber's tech content is stronger but she does not have the "polish" and performance elements.

As to the possible World? i can see clean Bradie beating Satoko, and Wakabe (maybe, if she does not land her 3A). Japan only has 1 Ladies on the World team with 3A and quads and that's Rika. I can also see very clean and inspired Karen beating Satoko (maybe). I can also see Bradie beating Tukhtamysheva if Tuk does not do well her 3A and possibly the quad.
I'm pretty sure that Japan named Rika, Kaori and Satoko to their Worlds team. Wakaba finished pretty low at Nats. But, I agree with your assessment - Bradie can beat Satoko and possibly Liza or Kaori, and Karen could beat Satoko. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the US can earn 3 spots for 2022.

NAOTMAA

Both of them did really well at nationals and if they could build on that and continue to improve (they both looked much improved from SA) they could squeeze by and get 13 points. Depending on how others do it could very well happen. It's certain to be a real nail biter.

skatfan

After the way Bell skated she did not did not make her case for Worlds. Karen is stunning and motivated. I think she was a great choice. And Brandie......no brainier.
I like having Chen on the team, and Bradie. Was a little surprised Bell was not the first alternate, that's all.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Pontificate away,but I challenge anyone here to explain to me what is the point of the National Championships anymore? The USFSA simply picks and chooses their preferred skaters to attend the World Championships.

I like Karen,but I despise these political games. This year is even more egregious as the USFSA can't even offer Amber the usual Four Continents booby prize.

-BB

Natanielle825

Wakaba isn't going to worlds. Possibly not Liza either. Bradie is more likely to beat Liza than a clean Aliona I think. She's about on par with a clean Kaori. So I can see Bradie getting 5th, still not so much Karen getting 8th but it's possible.

Tinami Amori

Wakaba isn't going to worlds. Possibly not Liza either. Bradie is more likely to beat Liza than a clean Aliona I think. She's about on par with a clean Kaori. So I can see Bradie getting 5th, still not so much Karen getting 8th but it's possible.
Why is not possible for Karen to be 8th? 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 1 Bradie = 7. So 8th goes to Karen... There is nobody else, in Europe, Australia, Canada who can beat these 8 ladies......

Natanielle825

Why is not possible for Karen to be 8th? 3 Russians, 3 Japanese, 1 Bradie = 7. So 8th goes to Karen... There is nobody else, in Europe, Australia, Canada who can beat these 8 ladies......
Not saying it's not possible, but I still expect Young You to place above her, again sans meltdown.

Karen-W

That's operating on the assumption that Aliona has her 3A back and that's not a bet I'd be willing to take at this point. I think it's a coin toss whether she or Liza are Russia's #3 lady and Bradie can beat both of them if they don't have a 3A.

Natanielle825

I missed that bit of news too!
Does anyone know anything about this? She was wearing what appeared to be a diamond ring on that finger...
That's operating on the assumption that Aliona has her 3A back and that's not a bet I'd be willing to take at this point. I think it's a coin toss whether she or Liza are Russia's #3 lady and Bradie can beat both of them if they don't have a 3A.
I'm not operating under that assumption. If her and Bradie both do similar content with double axels and triple-triples, I think Kostornaia will beat her on PCS.

VGThuy

She didNT earn this one hun

And she ain’t trying anything new that can compete with the future

Oh and a downgrade
Don’t call me hun. And she earned it by consistently skating better than Amber and beating her Amber’s whole senior career except for this one long program where a level 4 spin would have won it for Karen over her. That should be enough since you would have given it to Ashley in 2018 this thinking she “earned” it despite placing 4th at nationals, placing behind Karen at the most recent Worlds, and not doing anything new that would make her competitive either. You probably thought Wagner earned it in 2014. Guess what? So did I based on her track record going into Sochi. As for trying something new, clearly Karen’s status quo is more than competitive with Amber.

Tinami Amori

Not saying it's not possible, but I still expect Young You to place above her, again sans meltdown.
Yes possible, but Young You did not do too well at the last NHK Trophy. She was 7th. Let's deduct 4 tops Japanese Ladies (Rika, Kaori, Satoko, Wakaba) which leaves 2 more, who were not in "tops", and then it was Young You....... not doing too well.

Karen-W

Yes possible, but Young You did not do too well at the last NHK Trophy. She was 7th. Let's deduct 5 tops Japanese Ladies (Rika, Kaori, Satoko, Wakaba) which leaves 1 more, who is not in "tops", and then it was Young You....... not doing too well.
Satoko and Rika weren't even at NHK. You got beat by Kaori, Wakaba, Rino Matsuike and 2 other Japanese ladies. Not only did You finish 7th overall, she finished dead last in the SP. She is not, as far as I can tell, a factor in beating either of the US ladies at Worlds. It really isn't unreasonable, looking at the field, to think that 5th & 8th is not only doable but quite possible for a team of Bradie and Karen.

Same could be said for Bradie and Mariah, but Mariah finished well behind Karen and also lost to her in the free at Skate America. So, sending Bradie and Karen makes sense from a results perspective.

Tinami Amori

Satoko and Rika weren't even at NHK. You got beat by Kaori, Wakaba, Rino Matsuike and 2 other Japanese ladies. Not only did You finish 7th overall, she finished dead last in the SP. She is not, as far as I can tell, a factor in beating either of the US ladies at Worlds. It really isn't unreasonable, looking at the field, to think that 5th & 8th is not only doable but quite possible for a team of Bradie and Karen.

Same could be said for Bradie and Mariah, but Mariah finished well behind Karen and also lost to her in the free at Skate America. So, sending Bradie and Karen makes sense from a results perspective.
I did not see the full broadcast of NHK, so missed the names. Thank you for correcting. Given your information, Young You is even less of a challenge to Bradie and Karen.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I've sometimes wonder when countries like Russia, Japan, South Korea and the USA have such depth of talent, how many skaters that weren't selected to compete at the World Championships, may have missed out on a top ten placing, or even a world medal.

Karen-W

My personal view is if Bradie and Karen don't get the 3 spots back I will not be surprised and if they do get the 3 spots back I will not be surprised either :D
Same. Totally same.
Agreed. I'm just completely nonplussed by all the folks who are convinced that there is no way the US ladies are going to get 3 spots. It's doable. Not a lock, for sure, like the Russians and Japanese ladies, but it's not some incomprehensible idea, nor is it enough of a certainty to surprise me if they don't manage it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Just as I suspected. Karen is a beautiful skater, but I just can't see the combination of her and Tennell getting three spots back for Team USA.

I am so sorry for Amber because she really showed her true potential this week. Not choosing her for Sweden details that the National Championships have lost their importance.

Omg I agree with every single word on your post. Even after Alysa was finished skating Tara said she thought she should even be ahead of Karen as well.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I'm not giving Amber much more credit on that front either. Karen, Amber, Alysa and hopefully Bradie could all be trying triple axels n

Amber showed up and said she was 1000% doing the triple axle in the short program. In the warm-up she nailed it, and then did it in the short program as well but not clean like she had done three minutes prior. My dream team for having three spots at the Olympics would be Alysa, Bradie and Amber and all three of them having triple axels, that’s what I’ve been thinking about for the past few weeks

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Don’t call me hun. And she earned it by consistently skating better than Amber and beating her Amber’s whole senior career except for this one long program where a level 4 spin would have won it for Karen over her. That should be enough since you would have given it to Ashley in 2018 this thinking she “earned” it despite placing 4th at nationals, placing behind Karen at the most recent Worlds, and not doing anything new that would make her competitive either. You probably thought Wagner earned it in 2014. Guess what? So did I based on her track record going into Sochi. As for trying something new, clearly Karen’s status quo is more than competitive with Amber.

Good Lord I’ve always kind of thought of you as a friend as you and I have DMEd each other over the years. I won’t call you hon and don’t use profanity. I don’t shout bullshit at your views. I have better coping skills

I know you’re a Karen Uber so you’re going to go on rant mode regarding other peoples views. You should DM Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir with your rant as well, they feel Karen should not be on the team either

If you came at me and said Angela did not deserve to be at worlds in 2001 I’m not gonna scream right back at you bullshit I’m just gonna be like OK thats your view

Like others I’m here on the board to Express my views and opinions and feelings without attacking

Last edited:

VGThuy

Good Lord I’ve always kind of thought of you as a friend as you and I have DMEd each other over the years. I won’t call you hon and don’t use profanity. I don’t shout bullshit at your views. I have better coping skills

I know you’re a Karen Uber so you’re going to go on rant mode regarding other peoples views. You should DM Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir with your rant as well, they feel Karen should not be on the team either

If you came at me and said Angela did not deserve to be at worlds in 2001 I’m not gonna scream right back at you bullshit I’m just gonna be like OK thats your view

Like others I’m here on the board to Express my views and opinions and feelings without attacking
I would be ignorant and stupid and deserved to be yelled at if I said Angela didn’t deserve to be at 2001 Worlds considering we had three spots and she skated well enough to arguably win silver despite not having a true 3/2 or any semblance of a 3/3 in the LP.

And I don’t give a crap about Tara, Johnny and their biases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information